Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 12:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrivardhan View Post
I Beg Your Pardon But The Xk 120 In The Picture Is Not Owned By Mr. Sanjay Ghosh. This Car Is Owned By Mr. Agarwal Of Dhanbad, Bihar. This Had Come To Mr.ghosh For Minor Paintwork And Seats, After Which Was Taken In The Rally In His Name. Now The Car Is Back To Its Real Home In Bihar....
complete wrong information which i think needs correcting. firstly this car never had minor seat and paint job, it was a thorough restoration job with huge mechanical work, brakes, water pump, clutch, the car use to overheat in 1 km. now its on of the finest runners. this was a total strip down and thorough restoration job which was done over 6 months in front of the eyes of the best restorer india mr.shashi kanoria who is a very close family friend of ours [people can ask him if they want].

secondly this i know is right now one of the best jaguars in tthe country a fantasic restoration by us, phenomenal effort put in the car.

thirdly there seems to be lots of inquisitive people wanting to know about the ownerhip of the jaguar. for the inquisitive peple you can call me at 9831090280(rajiv ghosh)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2009 at 12:31. Reason: double post
Old 16th March 2009, 12:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv ghosh rac View Post
complete wrong information which i think needs correcting. firstly this car never had minor seat and paint job, it was a thorough restoration job with huge mechanical work, brakes, water pump, clutch, the car use to overheat in 1 km. now its on of the finest runners. this was a total strip down and thorough restoration job which was done over 6 months in front of the eyes of the best restorer india mr.shashi kanoria who is a very close family friend of ours [people can ask him if they want].

secondly this i know is right now one of the best jaguars in tthe country a fantasic restoration by us, phenomenal effort put in the car.

thirdly there seems to be lots of inquisitive people wanting to know about the ownerhip of the jaguar. for the inquisitive peple you can call me at 9831090280(rajiv ghosh)
A friend was visiting Dhanbad and he sent me the pictures of BRR 5100 which is standing in the Hindustan Motors dealership owned by a Mr. Dilip Agarwal. This is confusing since the car was entered at the Tolly show owned by Mr. Sanjay Ghosh.

Regardless of who the owner is, I must compliment the restorers, Mr. Sanjay Ghosh and Mr. Shashi Kanoria - Kudos, gentlemen - This indeed looks like one of the finest Jags around.

Here are pictures from the dealership:

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-10032009115.jpg

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-10032009114.jpg
vcash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 13:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
A friend was visiting Dhanbad and he sent me the pictures of BRR 5100 which is standing in the Hindustan Motors dealership owned by a Mr. Dilip Agarwal. This is confusing since the car was entered at the Tolly show owned by Mr. Sanjay Ghosh.

Regardless of who the owner is, I must compliment the restorers, Mr. Sanjay Ghosh and Mr. Shashi Kanoria - Kudos, gentlemen - This indeed looks like one of the finest Jags around.

Here are pictures from the dealership:

Attachment 112173

Attachment 112174
Hi, yup those are very much the current pictures. If you CAREFULLY read what i have written in my post you would know that i have written about the statement that this was a minor job, because it was never a minor job. My emphasis on the post was the fact that this was a major job done at rajiv auto centre, my father sanjay ghosh is the proprietor of the firm and we are the ones who have restored it to perfection.
reagrds
rajiv ghosh..
rajiv ghosh rac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 13:56   #49

restoration of the jaguar

Quote:

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Rajiv,
From what I saw of the car at the rally it appeared to be in great shape. i have an idea of the shape the car was in a few years back.My congratulations for bringing the car upto this standard in 6 months time.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post

This XK is an old well known car, lived in Dhanbad for a very long time. Till restored by Mr. Ghosh, the family was not interested to sell or restore, for whatever reason. And when such cars lie for long, then they suffer badly and as Mr. Rajiv has mentioned a lot of work has to be done.
In Dhanbad there are 2 Agarwal's, irrespective of how they spell their name they were often mixed up. One has a collection, the other a few cars. I believe that this Mr. Agrawal has a Ford T along with the XK.
Now the car is done, it is kept in the show room but it must be kept in use.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This XK is an old well known car, lived in Dhanbad for a very long time. Till restored by Mr. Ghosh, the family was not interested to sell or restore, for whatever reason. And when such cars lie for long, then they suffer badly and as Mr. Rajiv has mentioned a lot of work has to be done.
In Dhanbad there are 2 Agarwal's, irrespective of how they spell their name they were often mixed up. One has a collection, the other a few cars. I believe that this Mr. Agrawal has a Ford T along with the XK.
Now the car is done, it is kept in the show room but it must be kept in use.
Yes - You are correct. There are two Agawal's - One is Jiten Agarwal family (Not sure of the spelling - owns the T for sure) and the other is the B.P. Agarwal family (Now located in Bombay). Not sure which family owns the Jag here?
Old 17th March 2009, 14:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I have to agree with you on this point. Many very big names in the industry do this short-cut restoration. It is simply inexcusable, especially when working on these rare cars. When a car is scrapped to bare metal how can you leave the glasses on, then spray over it and then clean it up?! Terrible.
Respected--
Mr karlosdeville and
Mr scooby 05
i joined team bhp very late, so i was going through the posts, firstly the cars are always thorughly stripped, if there is the glass still on, that means at our end the glass needs changing or is damaged. none the less i do appreciate the fact that you pointed this out.
we have restored 150 cars which probably is not much compared to some others, and always done a ground up job on it.... restoration is a constant learning process, and there is always , everyday you have something new to learn.
i also read a phrase saying " big names doing shortcuts", there are no shortcuts at rajiv auto centre, last 20 years results of rallies will confirm thats.
also will appreciate if you could point out any other things wchich we could do better.
regards
rajiv.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Respected--
Mr karlosdeville and
Mr scooby 05
also will appreciate if you could point out any other things wchich we could do better.
regards
rajiv.
What about spellings?

But on a serious note, restorations carried out by Mr. Ghosh are very good and I did not see shortcuts in his work. That is not his style.
I think that they are proud of their work and entertain enthusiasts to a great degree. They also have done very fine discrete jobs which would be sure prize winners if and when displayed.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:06   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Respected--
Mr karlosdeville and
Mr scooby 05
i joined team bhp very late, so i was going through the posts, firstly the cars are always thorughly stripped, if there is the glass still on, that means at our end the glass needs changing or is damaged. none the less i do appreciate the fact that you pointed this out.
we have restored 150 cars which probably is not much compared to some others, and always done a ground up job on it.... restoration is a constant learning process, and there is always , everyday you have something new to learn.
i also read a phrase saying " big names doing shortcuts", there are no shortcuts at rajiv auto centre, last 20 years results of rallies will confirm thats.
regards
rajiv.
Rajiv,

My post was not directed to your outfit in particular. I am sure though that you will agree that there are many big names in the industry today taking shortcuts. Even if glasses are not being reused, I would think removing them earlier itself would facilitate work on the channels. I am certainly not an authority on the subject though, and it is refreshing to see your attitude in your reply.

Good to know the Jaguar will recieve new glasses and instruments on dash. Are these being imported?
Old 17th March 2009, 22:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Rajiv,

My post was not directed to your outfit in particular. I am sure though that you will agree that there are many big names in the industry today taking shortcuts. Even if glasses are not being reused, I would think removing them earlier itself would facilitate work on the channels. I am certainly not an authority on the subject though, and it is refreshing to see your attitude in your reply.

Good to know the Jaguar will recieve new glasses and instruments on dash. Are these being imported?
Hi,
yup the mark 10 was in shambles, we have finished body work and 1st coat of paint, the car belongs to MR. hemant ruia of bombay, whose lancia we did up earlier this year, lots of frills and trims need to be got and d dash will be revamped, will post pics as and when its done...
the other thing is that sometimes we are hesitant to open the glass because we find it VERY DIFFICULT to find the glass rubber moulds.... we are very often faced with this problem... trying to find a solution to the problem though

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
What about spellings?

But on a serious note, restorations carried out by Mr. Ghosh are very good and I did not see shortcuts in his work. That is not his style.
I think that they are proud of their work and entertain enthusiasts to a great degree. They also have done very fine discrete jobs which would be sure prize winners if and when displayed.
Hi,
sir please forgive me for the spelling mistakes, there will be more of those as i am very bad at typing fast.... lol... hope all is good
regards rajiv

Mod's Note: Please do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote button to respond to multiple posts at one go. If the content is already posted then use the Edit button in the 1st 20 mins of posting.

Posts merged.
Old 18th March 2009, 11:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
sir please forgive me for the spelling mistakes, there will be more of those as i am very bad at typing fast.... lol... hope all is good
regards rajiv
Hi Rajeev,

You are indeed a sport.
I had heard since a long time that H. Ruia had bought a XK 120, leading to confusion. Now it seems to be just the Mark 10. Probably the 10 and tha Lancia came from the same source. That car was very badly junked, and it was junk even 15 years ago!. All the best.
BTW, I got the Daimler chassis which the original owner of the 10 and Lancia had kept with you for some time.
Old 18th March 2009, 18:25   #57
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
Well this is the 1930 lancia of Mr. Hemant Ruia, restored thoroughly. This car was also a prize winner at the cartier show...
regards rajiv
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0316.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0317.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0471.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th March 2009 at 23:49. Reason: Editing post for compliance, as per the warning you received earlier today. Thanks
Old 18th March 2009, 19:20   #58
BHPian

Hi
This is the 1936 riley of Mr. PK agarwalla recently restored ..... the car required medium amount of work to be honest... a pretty looking english car.
Attached Thumbnails
Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0764.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0765.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0766.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0767.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0772.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0773.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0774.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0791.jpg  

Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Sanjay Ghosh-dscn0792.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th March 2009 at 23:49. Reason: Editing post for compliance, as per the warning you received earlier today. Thanks
Old 18th March 2009, 21:38   #59
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv in Calcutta do you have workshops where they plate brightwork with copper first before the nickel and chrome?
Old 19th March 2009, 00:48   #60
BHPian

Hi, very good question, i will be the first one to admit that the chrome work going on in calcutta has really over the years gone down in standard. But what you said is the best way to increase the life of the chrome. giving a copper coating and then chroming on top of that is done here, needs a little bit of personal attention though.

regards rajiv....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks