Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 22:41   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events

Today was a historic occasion for the Vintage and Classic Car and Bike Owenrs and fans. For the first time a step in the right direction was taken by Mr Shahrukh Cassad and Mr Limbanna, both owners and fans of old jalopies.They took all efforts and had jointly sponsored the event.
It started with only eight confirmations a few days back for attendance swelling to about 25 today.The drive was along a 50 km route within the city and all the participants went out of the city past the airport towards the Jamtha Stadium (famous for the T 20 matches these days) again coming back and meeting at M/s Limbanna's Garage. The unanimous decision taken was to form a club and organise such drives every month.
The main worry shared was that most old cars and bikes are moving out of the Orange City to metros as owners cite lack of availability of spares and for the fact that the Vintage and Classic Car and Bike Rallies are conducted once in two years. So most agree that there are hardly any events and that is also responsible for the dwindling interest in general.
Some pictures of the oldies that had congregated.

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04993.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04995.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05000.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04999.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05001.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05007.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05004.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05010.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05003.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05011.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04968.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04969.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04973.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04972.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04970.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04992.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05015.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05031.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04967.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05019.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st March 2010 at 22:56.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

More pictures.The star attraction was the restored early 1930's Plymouth coupe of Shahrukh Cassad.The red Chevrolet Chevelle, two Volkswagen Beetles, one WW Willys, one Dukkar, one Morris Oxford, a Landrover and of course my Landmaster.There was another black Landmaster that entered a little late.The two wheeler entries included the 1947 Velocette,a BSA, Jawas, Lambrettas and Rajdoot Bobbys among the many.
Name:  DSC04971.JPG
Views: 2269
Size:  133.9 KB

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04975.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04974.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04976.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04977.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04978.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04980.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04982.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04983.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04984.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04985.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc04996.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05005.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05008.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05009.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05013.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05019.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05018.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05033.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05034.jpg
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow that was one good event, how come there was no publicity/Ads for the event.BTW Plymouth looks nice, i think lots of stuff into it is Non-original including the Headlamps.MPX1 belongs to Mr.Limbanna i think...
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:55   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

agspins-thanks ,indeed the turnout was not known and hence the organisers did not prefer press publicity but soon there will be the press at such events. The next one is slated for 18th April.
Yes the Chevelle belongs to Mr Limbanna.
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:18   #5
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks like a heavily modified Plymouth. It would classify as a hot rod. Wonder what engine it has as there are twin silencers! Gear box is changed going by the position of the gear stick. What model is this car originally? Any original photo's?

Old 23rd March 2010, 19:51   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
This looks like a heavily modified Plymouth. It would classify as a hot rod. Wonder what engine it has as there are twin silencers! Gear box is changed going by the position of the gear stick. What model is this car originally? Any original photo's?

Am not really able to say KPS. But will post the details subsequently. the next run is on 18th of April.
Some more pictures:
Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05021.jpg

Name:  DSC05022.JPG
Views: 1943
Size:  128.7 KB

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05023.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05017.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05016.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05034.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05035.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05041.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05045.jpg

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-dsc05044.jpg
The last one shows Shahrukh Cassad, co-organiser of the event (Limbanna is the other organiser) briefing the participants (at 8.00 pm after the run was over) about the proposed club and the next event slated for 18/04/2010.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 23rd March 2010 at 19:52.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Anjan - This is a great initiative. Keep up the good work. I would love to drive down from Mumbai to Nagpur in the peak heat of summer in one of my 4 fiats for your next event (mostly the left hand drive), also see BYJ476 and your Scorpio. I hope I can find some time. Will it be possible for somebody to reserve accommodation in the "Parsi Dharamshala" at Nagpur? Most importantly, does the Parsi Dharamshala have secure parking? My cars are too precious to me and I just cannot take chances and leave them unattended at any time. Please PM me the details.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Anjan - This is a great initiative. Keep up the good work. I would love to drive down from Mumbai to Nagpur in the peak heat of summer in one of my 4 fiats for your next event (mostly the left hand drive), also see BYJ476 and your Scorpio. I hope I can find some time. Will it be possible for somebody to reserve accommodation in the "Parsi Dharamshala" at Nagpur? Most importantly, does the Parsi Dharamshala have secure parking? My cars are too precious to me and I just cannot take chances and leave them unattended at any time. Please PM me the details.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks Dhabhar its all the efforts of the organisers. We are there for outside support (may be issue based too?)
Old 24th March 2010, 10:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

That rodded Plymouth is a nice looking job....hope it has an enguine to match its looks.

The other interesting part about it is that it appears to have some rather interesting period lights, teh footboards are also nice and the gauges look like they are off of a Jaguar

Please do try to get more details on that car.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
That rodded Plymouth is a nice looking job....hope it has an enguine to match its looks.

The other interesting part about it is that it appears to have some rather interesting period lights, the footboards are also nice and the gauges look like they are off of a Jaguar

Please do try to get more details on that car.
This Plymouth is a creation from that famous Delhi duo. They have done similar things to prewar DKW's, the black and the red one. And a boat tail.
The engine is supposed to be original, the gearbox is not. The car has nice expensive lights, but those belong on British cars, not American cars. I believe that she is a 1935.
Personally, my take is that the car is too high, proportions are just not right.

Cheers harit
Old 24th March 2010, 14:40   #11
BHPian

To each his own,but surely the plymouth deserves better? But I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Old 25th March 2010, 10:39   #12
BHPian

Good Luck with Future events.
Old 27th March 2010, 17:45   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a picture of the Plymouth before the transformation. It was posted elsewhere, I think by vintageman.

Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) - News and Events-01.jpg
Old 27th March 2010, 18:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Great event. That Land Rover seems to be a Series 1 80", if yes the first 80" on tbhp. Can you get me the chassis no of the car? I can get you the date it was imported, and who was the first owner.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 27th March 2010 at 18:21. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 28th March 2010, 11:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is a picture of the Plymouth before the transformation. It was posted elsewhere, I think by vintageman.

Attachment 316635
It is alreay much transformed in this shot too. Any idea what it actualy looked like when new.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks