Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 10:27   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Oranges or Apples : SUV or D-Segment?

So one fine day the SUV's would outnumber Cars & autos, then what...?
Old 20th July 2011, 13:24   #47
BHPian

Swanand : I keep suggesting to to everyone and I'll do the same to you too . Just for the heck of it , even if you dont want to go to the TATAs , why dont you try the Aria . Somehow , the vehicle promises to be so much but loses out due to the TATA badge . And it being a sort of a cross over , I wouldnt call it a VAN , it looks more like a crossover, would server the purpose of the being a little like the SUV with its awesome presence and also the comfort of a sedan .

Like I said , just for the heck of it go and take a test drive .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 13:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

I dont like the Tata Aria. Firstly its from a Tata. Buying a 18L cross over from Tata is definitely not my cup of team.

@21L the BMW X1 comes into picture.

@18L you have cars like Cruze, Jetta, Laura and a little over 18L you have Superb.

@21L the Fortuner makes more sense than buying the Tata Aria. I dont know if you like the snub value. But Aria is just an overprice car.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

@Gautam: I personally love the Aria. It has its own place in its segment. Like I mentioned some pages back, Tata have had a giant leap with the Aria. Only problem being, A.S.S. Pandit has a record for bad A.S.S in Pune. Dont know the current status though.

@VW2010: The Laura is already there. So the options, seem to be the Passat, Superb in the sedan segment. And the X1/XTrail in the cross segment.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:39   #50
BHPian

If I was in your position I would have gone for an SUV just because it would have given me some variety in my garage. Since you already have couple of cars for good roads, having an SUV would always be a big plus and you can easily swap your car with your dad for that occasional "off-roadish" monsoon trip - and there are so many bad roads in / around Pune that you don't exactly have to go off road to feel the need for an SUV.

Ignoring the snob value, I think the X1 would be a practical choice considering its softroader features as well as good handling. As far as the rear leg room is concerned, you can always push the front passenger seat all the way up if it's not going to be occupied.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 17:51   #51
BHPian

So Swanand,
We will soon be seeing a black Laura in one of our Pune Tapri meets or drive meet it seems.
I feel this would be the final round off, as far as the 'mind & heart' voting process of yours is going on.
Anyways, pls do the TD for all the listed vehicles as per your order and then only conclude. Wish, I could acompany you.

Also, hope the black is accepted in your family as it is generally not many times.

I am sure, there would be a huge discussion on this thursday dinner meet about the same.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 21:14   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Gautam: I personally love the Aria. It has its own place in its segment. Like I mentioned some pages back, Tata have had a giant leap with the Aria. Only problem being, A.S.S. Pandit has a record for bad A.S.S in Pune. Dont know the current status though.

@VW2010: The Laura is already there. So the options, seem to be the Passat, Superb in the sedan segment. And the X1/XTrail in the cross segment.

I feel the Aria is actually Promising for your requirement. It fits the bill to the "T"

1) Fantastic Gadgetry
2) Head turner - looks department
3) Ooodles of space
4) Comfortable mile cruncher
5) Higly refined Engine
6) More than required Air-bags for safety
7) All-Wheel Drive

Atleast no one mistakes you for a Chauffeur when you get down from the drivers seat.

The Cross-over has everything one needs, with its features and price, nothing to match its VFM preposition.

Go for a TD of vehicles you have zeroed in on, and tell us your views

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 20th July 2011 at 21:17.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:17   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
So Swanand,
We will soon be seeing a black Laura in one of our Pune Tapri meets or drive meet it seems.
Dude he already HAS a Laura. Only it's cappucino beige!

Quote:
Anyways, pls do the TD for all the listed vehicles as per your order and then only conclude. Wish, I could acompany you.
Will try my best to fulfill your wish . Am confirmed for the 320d TD for sure. The Superb as well.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:52   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Swanand, sorry to add to the confusion but you just HAVE to consider this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-35-lakhs.html

A Jag would be supercool! If it really launches at that price, that'd be icing on the cake!
Old 20th July 2011, 22:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Umm, not too sure on the C yet. Honestly, the look never impressed me. The E or S are a different league all together though. But out of quesiton cuz of budget restraints.
Shall have a dekko though.
May have a look at this -
Now, lease a Merc at 50% of price - The Times of India

Explaining the process of individual lease, Sidhartha Nair, MD of of Daimler Financial Services India (DFS), said the facility offers one of the most flexible option to customers. "One does not need to pay the full price of the car. Normally, as per the leasing model, we give the car on lease for a period of three years, working out a residual value upfront. This value, which on an average is 50% of the cost of a new car, is something the customer does not need to pay. All that he pays us is the remainder value of the car, which is nearly half of its cost. We lease the car to him."

Procuring the car at half the cost is not the only attraction. The service and maintenance costs as well as the insurance fee are the company's headache.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 11:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
So Swanand,
Also, hope the black is accepted in your family as it is generally not many times.
Maverick, I already have a Laura. The new car may be its elder sibling though.

Yes, Black is a color that I am inclined to, but the ladies (mum, wife) are against it. For Dad and I, a car should only be black! So the fight begins .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I feel the Aria is actually Promising for your requirement. It fits the bill to the "T"
Pavan, I am still not sure of the Aria. Agreed, it fill the requirements, but the A.S.S may be a worry. Shall surely TD it though. Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Swanand.. If it really launches at that price, that'd be icing on the cake!
Noop, are you serious? Jag? Man thats another league. Agreed the pricing is too tempting, but then still cant imagine a Jag in the garage.
And yes, the 320D and Superb have been lined up for Saturday. Wanna come?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 21st July 2011 at 11:13.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 12:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Isnt a Jag one of the most unreliable car in the world. If i am wrong forgive me but i always thought Jag's reliability was always a question mark.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Dude he already HAS a Laura. Only it's cappucino beige!.
Quote:
Maverick, I already have a Laura. The new car may be its elder sibling though.

Yes, Black is a color that I am inclined to, but the ladies (mum, wife) are against it. For Dad and I, a car should only be black! So the fight begins .
Yeah I mean - a New Superb would seen soon in our meets/ Drives/ visits.( Am I working too much? )
Swanand, you can also look at the Range rover / Land Rover too.
Just missed a TD today in the factory. Else would have given you a brief description about the same.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 12:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

@Maverick79: Ah, do lemme know if you do TD the vehicles. I've always loved both of em. But given the current asking price, they seem like a far shot.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fortuner: Love the truck like look. An absolute monster of an engine. But lack of disc brakes and interiors are a bit of a let down though.
I will vote for the Fortuner dude! Just for the incredible amount of street cred..
There is a facelift coming in, and that might take care of your interior requirements. Cabs and ricks dont budge for Superbs, like they do for the Fortuner. Besides, you already have a pretty well appointed sedan, and a little city runabout as well.

PS : If you buy a Fortuner, get it in white, put dark tints and devnagari number plate, and watch the traffic part to make way for you. Party stickers are known to have similar effects.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks