Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 13:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automatics: New Figo Vs Polo GT TSI Vs Baleno CVT

If I were in your situation, would've went and bought pre-owned Honda City A/T (prev gen without the moustache) with my eyes closed. And if not for mileage would have bought Civic.
City meets all the parameters mentioned and exceeds them by Pedal Shifters and awesome mileage figures.

Why have you not considered Zest AMT too which has a strong case for itself. Just read non-Tata.

Last edited by carwatcher : 29th October 2015 at 13:44.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 13:39   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
I am hunting for an automatic car. An automatic which will be easy to drive in city and fun on highways (Should I say Driver's Automatic car?).

5 years. Yes, resale value is important.

Driver's automatic car & good resale value don't go hand in hand, at-least not if you are going at current options.

Practically neither VW or Ford cars have as much resale as Honda, Maruti etc.

If you want a driver's car then best option is VW Polo TSI followed by Figo or Aspire AT.

If resale is important then Jazz AT or any AMT or CVT from Maruti, Honda, Hyundai stable.
heydj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 14:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have you looked at the Aspire?
Thanks for your comment. Yes I have seen the Aspire. Please correct if I am wrong, Figo Aspire and Figo have almost same driving dynamics and features. Figo AT is 8.1L where as Aspire AT is about 9.1L OTR. If it comes to spending 9.1L OTR on Aspire Vs ~9.7 OTR on VW GT TSI, I will pick later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Driver's automatic car & good resale value don't go hand in hand, at-least not if you are going at current options.

Practically neither VW or Ford cars have as much resale as Honda, Maruti etc.

If you want a driver's car then best option is VW Polo TSI followed by Figo or Aspire AT.

If resale is important then Jazz AT or any AMT or CVT from Maruti, Honda, Hyundai stable.
Thanks much for your response. For me, resale value is not as important as enjoying the car. Looks like I have short listed the right cars :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
If I were in your situation, would've went and bought pre-owned Honda City A/T (prev gen without the moustache) with my eyes closed. And if not for mileage would have bought Civic.
City meets all the parameters mentioned and exceeds them by Pedal Shifters and awesome mileage figures. :D

Why have you not considered Zest AMT too which has a strong case for itself. Just read non-Tata.
Thank you for your inputs. Have never driven Honda city AT before. I will try to find one. Mileage is not a concern since my daily commute is very less. Maybe I will try the civic too.

@Zest
Zest diesel AMT is very tempting but I have burnt my fingers with Tata before. So want to say Ta Ta to Tata.
Old 29th October 2015, 14:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Did you not have the Jazz CVT as one of the options ? If going the pre-worshipped route, then the City would be a good buy. Just my two cents.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 14:30   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Did you not have the Jazz CVT as one of the options ? If going the pre-worshipped route, then the City would be a good buy. Just my two cents.
Thank you! I just went by the reviews and never considered Jazz CVT because of its commuter engine. But yes I can sure take a test drive once.

Coming from the Vista Petrol background almost all cars feel peppy to me
Old 29th October 2015, 14:42   #96
Senior - BHPian

Has your ownership experience of the Vista put you off Tata altogether? If not, check out the Zest AMT. It is leagues ahead of your 2010 Vista.
Also, the Nissan Micra CVT is also a contender (maybe??) - same rice range, similar features, B-segment hatch.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 29th October 2015 at 14:46. Reason: Micra info added
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:15   #97
BANNED

Dear capslock,
I own an Aspire, but I would suggest you to get the previous generation Honda City AT. You will save a lot of cash and that engine is a brilliant one. Honda is more reliable than Ford and Volkswagen. Both Ford and VW will command very poor resale value, but of the two TSi will be my bet if resale is very important. But then you pay more in the beginning for TSi. 1.6 lakh invested properly will be around 3 lakhs after 5 years! So that will negate the benefits of TSi over Figo in resale value.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:20   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I am hunting for an automatic car. An automatic which will be easy to drive in city and fun on highways (Should I say Driver's Automatic car?).

Hi capslock, since your first line states 'easy to drive in city and fun on highways' - GT TSI qualifies first in this regard and it is worth the price difference for the the experience that it provides or may be a little premium which is justified IMO.

I would say GT TSI - Figo DCT - Baleno CVT in that order.

Heart wins the argument in most cases

A.S.S aside, You can also check the Zest AMT, diesel, more car for the same bucks, the AMT performs well as per our TBHP review.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 29th October 2015 at 15:26.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:24   #99
BHPian

since you are open to pre-owned ones, then i can suggest a used Laura 2.0 tdi AT in elegance or L&K trim. try looking for a low mileage i.e. under 50k kms (believe me, 50k is low) and the most recent manufactured (i think the last ones came out in 2012). If the owner had skoda shield, that would be a plus. a well maintained laura should be well within your budget, as they depreciate very fast.
things to watch out for or insist that they be replaced or you are given benefit of are:
1. DMF starts giving trouble post 50-60k kms. insist that it is replaced or atleast get it checked that it will run for a long time
2. ATF replacement at 60k kms

otherwise its a pretty solid car. mine's 150k kms and still running fine.

you could also have a look at a used jetta. same car but slightly pricier as it is still in the current gen.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I test drove new Figo and GT TSI. GT TSI was fantastic and has won my heart. I also liked the Figo. 1.5L NA engine with 6 speed dual clutch was very good. The price difference is huge (~1.6L), so the head vs heart war has already begun.
Same city and similar criteria. Dude, I was in the same boat 1-2 months back. Figo was not launched back then, but last year I did take a TD of Fiesta DCT.
Honestly, Polo GT TSI is your only real choice. I bit the bullet and got her home

On paper, Figo makes more bhp than Polo, but on the road its exactly the opposite. The torque of TSI is very very handy in our varying speed of traffic.

From a purely drivers point of view VW DSG is better than Ford DCT.

Its insulting to talk FE for performance machines, but hey, who doesn't like a good FE. Polo will give you better mileage.

Ford will be cheaper to maintain. And Figo is a good car on its own. Buy the Figo if you like it.. don't compare it to Polo.

If I were you, I would wait it out, save some money, increase your budget by 1.6l and buy the Polo.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:42   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Your point 4 and 5 ( performance and handling) pretty much points to the GT TSI. If performance is a key requirement, then all other choices may make you feel wanting for more.

But do TD the jazz and Baleno. Just to get a perspective at least.

BTW, Ford does not offer 10 years warranty on the DCT. That was a mistake by Ford in the press release.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:36   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Your point 4 and 5 ( performance and handling) pretty much points to the GT TSI. If performance is a key requirement, then all other choices may make you feel wanting for more.

But do TD the jazz and Baleno. Just to get a perspective at least.

BTW, Ford does not offer 10 years warranty on the DCT. That was a mistake by Ford in the press release.
Thanks much for your reply. Yes, performance is a key requirement. I am really bored of commuter engines and don't wish to get one more (I also have Hyundai Eon).
I was talking all day about my test drive experience of the GT TSI to my friends and wife. That car is just awesome.

VW and Ford were prompt about calling me when I booked test drive online. Maruti doesn't give a damn. They never called, I will walk into Nexa soon. I will also try the Jazz.

@Ford's 10 Year Warranty
Woah.. the sales representative specifically told me that they have 10 year / 2.4 Lakh warranty on the DCT.
Old 29th October 2015, 17:22   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Has your ownership experience of the Vista put you off Tata altogether? If not, check out the Zest AMT. It is leagues ahead of your 2010 Vista.
Also, the Nissan Micra CVT is also a contender (maybe??) - same rice range, similar features, B-segment hatch.
Thanks much KiloAlpha. Yes, I think twice before buying even Tata Salt. I am really scared to buy Tata car now.

@Micra
For reasons unknown I just don't like that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Dear capslock,
I own an Aspire, but I would suggest you to get the previous generation Honda City AT. You will save a lot of cash and that engine is a brilliant one. Honda is more reliable than Ford and Volkswagen. Both Ford and VW will command very poor resale value, but of the two TSi will be my bet if resale is very important. But then you pay more in the beginning for TSi. 1.6 lakh invested properly will be around 3 lakhs after 5 years! So that will negate the benefits of TSi over Figo in resale value.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Wow, congratulations for your new Aspire! And Yes, I second your calculations. Also, I am definitely going to find old Honda City AT for a TD.
Thanks for your inputs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Hi capslock, since your first line states 'easy to drive in city and fun on highways' - GT TSI qualifies first in this regard and ..........Zest AMT, diesel, more car for the same bucks, the AMT performs well as per our TBHP review.
Thanks much. I am leaning towards GT TSI. @Zest, I am trying to keep away from Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
since you are open to pre-owned ones, then i can suggest a used Laura 2.0 tdi AT in elegance or L&K trim.......
you could also have a look at a used jetta. same car but slightly pricier as it is still in the current gen.
Oh, thanks!! Never considered Skoda in my hunt. I will see if I can find one.
And thanks much for all your inputs about the car.
By the way, I am sorry, I am not aware of the terms DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel?) and ATF (Auto Transmission Fluid?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Same city and similar criteria. Dude, I was in the same boat 1-2 months back. Figo was not launched back then, but last year I did take a TD of Fiesta DCT.
Honestly, Polo GT TSI is your only real choice..........Polo.
Wow, congrats! How is she performing? And yeah, I was smiling all day after my TD of GT TSI.
Old 29th October 2015, 20:07   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

@Ford's 10 Year Warranty
Woah.. the sales representative specifically told me that they have 10 year / 2.4 Lakh warranty on the DCT.
Worth checking once more. As per this post in the AT<10L thread, customer care has clarified that it was a mistake

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3822493

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84
This is my first post on TBhp. After reading this wonderful forum for 5 years, I thought it is time for me to add some value

While reading across Aspire and Figo threads there seems to be some confusion about whether Ford is offering 10 year warranty on its DCT gearbox. On one hand the Figo media release says that they do offer 10 year/1,00,000 km warranty, on the other hand the dealer or the brochure is not able to confirm it. So I wrote an email to the communications team at Ford and they confirmed that the media release had a typo

Following is the email I sent and its response:

----
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:37 PM
To: Sharma, Kapil (K.); Gulati, Nikhil (G.); madhulika.singh@bm.com
Subject: Information Asymmetry Regarding DCT Warranty

Hi,
There seems to be an information asymmetry regarding the company warranty offered for Ford DCT gearbox in Aspire/Figo hatchback.
I have read in your media release that the company is offering 10 year/1,00,000 km warranty on DCT.
http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249173475333

However the Mumbai dealer is not able to verify whether this warranty is offered or not. Also, the brochure doesn't have any warranty related information.
Please note that I am NOT talking about the "sealed for life" (10 year/2,40,000 km) tagline. I am specifically clarifying about the 10 year Ford replacement warranty on the DCT gearbox.
We are looking to buy Aspire or Figo hatchback. In case the company is indeed offering this 10 year warranty, it would be first in class and should be highlighted much more.

Awaiting your response.
----

Hi,
Apologies for the error. We will get it corrected.
The warranty on Dual clutch Transmission is 2 years/100,000 Kms.

Regards,
Kapil Sharma
Ford India Communications | +91 98730 78122 | +91-124-387 3107 | ksharma6@ford.com
---
Old 7th November 2015, 12:07   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Thanks to Rajeevraj for updating this thread with the Baleno & Ertiga.

Moving back to the public forum.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks