Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 20:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Excellent thread. Thanks for the effort. Now all the "What AT hatchback?" threads can be closed and only keep this thread open as a single discussion thread.

The thread is not even 1 month old and it will need update for the new entrant - Figo AT!

Can I request that couple of blank lines be added at the bottom of the excel/images for T-bhp logo? Other suggestion I have is to add Extended Warranty information for the gear box either in the feature list or Observation notes. For example information regarding Maruti's excellent 10 year/160,000 Kms warranty of AMT box or Ford's 10 year warranty for DCT (I might be wrong here with this one) and the lack of extended warranty option in Xcent would help prospective buyers in deciding AT car.
Excellent suggestions. Thank you. As part of the update have included your suggestions.

The lack of extended warranty on the Hyundai AT's is surprising. Wonder what is the logic behind that. Was not aware of the 10 year warranty on the Maruti AMT also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread was moved temporarily to the Assembly Line. Thanks to Rajeevraj for updating it!
Thank You GTO for the inputs on how to go about doing the updates.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 20:11   #62
BHPian

re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Put it simply, there is no AT car this side of 10 lacs with all bells and whistles. Some feature or the other has to be compromised for the convenience of AT. The Xcent SX(O) AT and Zest XTA are the only ones loaded with features same as it's manual top end variant. The Xcent being a conventional TC gear box, returns some really poor mileage figures, and the Zest being a Tata (and the lack of a few features like true key less entry, push button start-stop etc) drives me away from it!!
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:39   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good compilation Rajeevraj. I had missed this thread till today.

One of my colleagues has exactly the same two criteria (AT and Budget of 10-11lakhs OTR Bangalore) for his new car which he wants to buy within this year.
He will be upgrading from a Brio AT; so his selection will only be limited 7-11lakhs OTR Bangalore.

He is least bothered about the fuel type.
Although he is not particular about the segment, A sedan is preferred(definitely no compacts)
I gave him Jazz, Polo GT, Figo Aspire and Ciaz as the options.

We further shortlisted it to Jazz and Ciaz
Jazz:
+ Premium.
+ He is a happy Honda customer
- Not available in the top trim
- A hatchback nevertheless
Ciaz:
+ A sedan. Good image
+ Available in the top trim
- VXi is 11.2 lakhs OTR and ZXi is 12 Lakhs OTR Bangalore

Polo lost out because of it looking too common and the expensive service costs reported by owners.
Aspire lost out because he didn't feel it to be premium enough

Now, Had I seen this thread before suggesting him the cars, I would've saved lot of time and efforts

We will go and test drive both the cars (Also I've asked him to drive the GT once anyway) and then he'll take a call
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 08:36   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

He will be upgrading from a Brio AT; so his selection will only be limited 7-11lakhs OTR Bangalore.

He is least bothered about the fuel type.
Although he is not particular about the segment, A sedan is preferred(definitely no compacts)
I gave him Jazz, Polo GT, Figo Aspire and Ciaz as the options.

We will go and test drive both the cars (Also I've asked him to drive the GT once anyway) and then he'll take a call
Thanks Hemanth. The Brio AT is a reasonably peppy car, Although the Ciaz is an upgrade in general, from the AT perspective, need to see how he will react to the older 4 speed AT on the Ciaz as compared to the 5 Speed AT on the Brio.

Lack of a top end Jazz AT variant is a big miss from Honda.

As you have suggested, the Aspire looks the best fit for him from upgrade and drivability perspective. If a premium feel is a major criteria, he should extend budget a bit and look at the Vento TSI also (I believe the Polo TSI is more cramped at the back than the Brio). He should definitely TD the TSI twins.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 09:44   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
We further shortlisted it to Jazz and Ciaz

Once someone drives the GT it can never be completely out of the reckoning. :-) I found it superior in driving pleasure to even my Honda city AT.

Last edited by ampere : 18th January 2016 at 11:49. Reason: Formatted quoted content.
Old 9th October 2015, 14:09   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thanks Hemanth. The Brio AT is a reasonably peppy car, Although the Ciaz is an upgrade in general, from the AT perspective, need to see how he will react to the older 4 speed AT on the Ciaz as compared to the 5 Speed AT on the Brio.
If a premium feel is a major criteria, he should extend budget a bit and look at the Vento TSI also (I believe the Polo TSI is more cramped at the back than the Brio). He should definitely TD the TSI twins.
Premium feel is the main criteria for him. Peppiness, fun to drive are all that is of least importance to him.

He is hesitant to take a VW only because of the high maintenance costs. Also his car will only see 2 people 95% of the times. Over that, he is not the kind of person who'll employ a chauffeur. So stretching the budget for the leg room is not in his list when he can get a "Sedan" in Ciaz for less money (note that he would have already increased his budget for a Ciaz).

He is taking a TD of the VW GT Twins only because I told him many times to do so.
Anyway, I'll report what his final decision is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Once someone drives the GT it can never be completely out of the reckoning. :-) I found it superior in driving pleasure to even my Honda city AT.
You are talking from an enthusiasts perspective. Not all people will have the same criteria.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:40   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Ford offers a 10 year 100,000 km warranty on the Figo and Aspire DCT.
Unless someone quotes from the Manual, this is a myth.

Someone wrote to Ford on this, who replied in the -ve. For Figo.
Old 9th October 2015, 21:15   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Unless someone quotes from the Manual, this is a myth.

Someone wrote to Ford on this, who replied in the -ve. For Figo.
This is what bhpian Ashua found from the Aspire Launch Press Release (Link to Post)

Quote:
Infact they do offer a 10 year warranty on the gearbox. See the screenshot taken directly from Ford press release about Aspire. The entire press release can be found here:
http://www.slideshare.net/indianauto...-press-release

Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)-aspwarraty.jpg
Not sure if this has changed and/or not valid for Figo (That does not seem plausible though)
Old 10th October 2015, 14:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
This is my first post on TBhp. After reading this wonderful forum for 5 years, I thought it is time for me to add some value

While reading across Aspire and Figo threads there seems to be some confusion about whether Ford is offering 10 year warranty on its DCT gearbox. On one hand the Figo media release says that they do offer 10 year/1,00,000 km warranty, on the other hand the dealer or the brochure is not able to confirm it. So I wrote an email to the communications team at Ford and they confirmed that the media release had a typo

Following is the email I sent and its response:

----
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:37 PM
To: Sharma, Kapil (K.); Gulati, Nikhil (G.); madhulika.singh@bm.com
Subject: Information Asymmetry Regarding DCT Warranty

Hi,
There seems to be an information asymmetry regarding the company warranty offered for Ford DCT gearbox in Aspire/Figo hatchback.
I have read in your media release that the company is offering 10 year/1,00,000 km warranty on DCT.
http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249173475333

However the Mumbai dealer is not able to verify whether this warranty is offered or not. Also, the brochure doesn't have any warranty related information.
Please note that I am NOT talking about the "sealed for life" (10 year/2,40,000 km) tagline. I am specifically clarifying about the 10 year Ford replacement warranty on the DCT gearbox.
We are looking to buy Aspire or Figo hatchback. In case the company is indeed offering this 10 year warranty, it would be first in class and should be highlighted much more.

Awaiting your response.
----

Hi,
Apologies for the error. We will get it corrected.
The warranty on Dual clutch Transmission is 2 years/100,000 Kms.

Regards,
Kapil Sharma
Ford India Communications | +91 98730 78122 | +91-124-387 3107 | ksharma6@ford.com
---
Sorry, looks like a no go

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2015 at 09:22. Reason: Highlighted the relevant bits from thw quoted post. Thanks!
BUXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 20:29   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, looks like a no go
Thanks for the update. That's a pretty big mistake to make in an official press release. Will request for a correction in the opening post so that it reflects accurate information.
Old 12th October 2015, 09:18   #71
BHPian

However, adding a Q to this:
Does the Ford offered Extended warranty (till 5 yrs for the Ecosport) also cover the AT transmission/Gearbox?
Old 15th October 2015, 08:54   #72
BHPian

How reliable are the AMT's in Zest diesel & TUV300? I'm assuming they are both using Magneti-Marelli system?

Can we expect these AMT's to run trouble free for at least 4-5 years?

Is there any additional maintenance cost associated with these systems, over a period of time?
Old 15th October 2015, 10:58   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, adding a Q to this:
Does the Ford offered Extended warranty (till 5 yrs for the Ecosport) also cover the AT transmission/Gearbox?
It should. Even VW's extended warranty covers the DSG.

As per Ford's website. The Extended Warranty Coverage is for
  • All Mechanical & Electrical Failures
  • Labour for the above repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
How reliable are the AMT's in Zest diesel & TUV300? I'm assuming they are both using Magneti-Marelli system?

Can we expect these AMT's to run trouble free for at least 4-5 years?

Is there any additional maintenance cost associated with these systems, over a period of time?
Tata uses AMT from Magneti-Marelli. Mahindra if I am not mistaken uses AMT from ZF. Theoretically, there is no additional maintenance expected with AMT Systems. But we'll need to wait and see how it handles Indian Road Conditions. Maruti offers 10 year/160K warranty on their AMT models. So they seem pretty confident of the system.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:21   #74
BHPian

Fabulous thread!!

I am tentatively in the market for a second car which will be for the wife. To clear the clutter in my mind and navigate through the minefield of options available, I set in a prerequisite - has to be an automatic transmission under 10L OTR.

This thread is going to be of great help. The top contenders for me presently are the Brio AT and the Figo AT.
Old 15th October 2015, 14:50   #75
BHPian

Don't discount either of the two CVTs on offer currently- Micra & the Jazz. + Baleno (coming soon)
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks