Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 22:23   #151
BHPian

Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Thanks to this thread, i was able to zero in on a celerio amt zxi option variant.
This is my fourth maruti car in my last 10 years of car buying.
Try as i might, i was unable to go beyond maruti due to their excellent sales machinery and wide range of products in this price band.
I sincerely wanted to buy one of the Ford Figo DCT twins, but was tired of hounding their dealers to get one even in their base in chennai.
dvprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 11:41   #152

Re: Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & Ertiga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
...[*]The Baleno is the first Maruti with a CVT. But being a lower variant misses out on most of the USP features.
Thankfully this isn't true anymore, but it is still frustrating nevertheless! I am guessing you've read my recent post about it, if not, click here.
Old 18th June 2016, 12:12   #153
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I think a new summary is due. After all a lot of new cars have entered the market since this was first written.
Looking forward to a similar beautiful read.

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Old 18th June 2016, 16:36   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Friends,

I think a new summary is due. After all a lot of new cars have entered the market since this was first written.
Looking forward to a similar beautiful read.

Thanking you in advance,

Girish Mahajan
Hello Sir. Thanks for bringing it up. There are some updates due which I have been compiling. Need to get it updated on the thread. Will be doing it soon.

There has actually been only one new launch since the last update which is the Dzire diesel AMT. Other than this there has been several variant rejigs and price changes, but no fresh launches.

The segment above 10L has seen a few launches with the duster amt, creta petrol, BR-V and the XUV . That thread needs more updates.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:46   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir. Thanks for bringing it up. There are some updates due which I have been compiling. Need to get it updated on the thread. Will be doing it soon.

There has actually been only one new launch since the last update which is the Dzire diesel AMT. Other than this there has been several variant rejigs and price changes, but no fresh launches.

The segment above 10L has seen a few launches with the duster amt, creta petrol, BR-V and the XUV . That thread needs more updates.
Dear Rajeevraj,

You are right. But - from past experience - I feel the updated version of review will be worth the read.
I also agree that the 10L+ segment needs a re-review!

Girish Mahajan
Old 28th June 2016, 13:53   #156
BHPian

Friends

Any upcoming diesel automatics under 10 lakhs soon ? I am on a lookout for one and not interested in the current ones i know (Dzire,TUV,Zest). In case we dont anticipate any, i have decided to go ahead with a manual diesel ciaz.

RaSing
Old 28th June 2016, 14:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This thread also needs to be updated with regards to the price - GT TSi is no longer below 10 OTR in most places. Maybe it can be renamed to <10 ex showroom now since prices of most of the cars have gone up.
Old 28th June 2016, 15:14   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Friends

Any upcoming diesel automatics under 10 lakhs soon ? I am on a lookout for one and not interested in the current ones i know (Dzire,TUV,Zest). In case we dont anticipate any, i have decided to go ahead with a manual diesel ciaz.

RaSing
Ameo might come with a 1.5 Tdi DSG. There haven't been any confirmation regarding this though, and if you can't wait till the festive season when the diesel launches, Ciaz might be the way to go. Next nearest option is the Verna.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 15:43   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Friends

RaSing
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Ameo might come with a 1.5 Tdi DSG. There haven't been any confirmation regarding this though, and if you can't wait till the festive season when the diesel launches, Ciaz might be the way to go. Next nearest option is the Verna.
The Ameo Diesel DSG is definitely coming. It was called out in the Official launch in Feb and has been spotted testing also. So it should be part of the Ameo Diesel expected later this year.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Will the Ameo TDI DSG cost less than 10L though? The Polo GT TDI is already 9,16,100Rs ex-showroom Delhi (not considering discounts), so just by adding the DSG gearbox the Ameo should be pretty close to 10L ex-showroom already.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:00   #161
Senior - BHPian

How Jazz Petrol CVT V variant compares against the competition (It is around 10 L OTR in Bangalore)?
Old 29th June 2016, 11:18   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
How Jazz Petrol CVT V variant compares against the competition (It is around 10 L OTR in Bangalore)?
Is it around INR 10L OTR in Bangalore. (Give or Take)
The OTR price in February was around 9.68 L INR.

Regarding competition:
1. Space: There isn't a car in the price range which can compete with Jazz on space. Beats every other car in the segment/Price bracket. Baleno comes close though.

2. Drivability: Driving in the city is terrific with the refined engine and smooth CVT. Highway driving experience is good, but not great. Overtaking on a 2 lane highway needs you to keep the gearbox in S mode and use paddle shifters. Haven't driven on a 4 lane highway, so can't comment on this aspect.

3. GC isn't an Issue is what I've heard.

4. The Figo Aspire AT is similarly priced and maybe the better car to drive. It's undeniably got the better engine and Transmission combo.

I would pick the Figo Aspire only for it's better highway performance. Else, it's Jazz all the way.

If you're willing to stretch, the lower variants of the Ertiga and Ciaz might be within reach.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 29th June 2016 at 11:19.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 23:07   #163
BHPian

I am looking for an used automatic car to replace my Celerio AMT. This car will be primarily used by my wife for her daily office commutes (60kms daily) and by me for our family trips (2 kids).
Celerio is an excellent car to use in city but i need more power and space for the highways, so i am looking for an upgrade with not much damage to my pocket.

Available choices are :

1. Used Honda Amaze for around 6L.
Space is good enough but not sure about its highway performance.

2. Ecosport AT for around 7-8L.
In the short test drive i had, I could not gauge much about its performance but it does not feel like 115PS.

3. Honda City AT for 5-7L.
I have not driven it but based on the reviews, I guess it should be powerful and spacious enough. I am not sure if my wife can handle it. Celerio being her first car.

I might consider a New Tata Zest XMA if nothing else works out. Major drawback being lack of Creep and Hill hold assist features.

There are plenty of Amaze and Honda City's in used car market.Cars like Jazz Cvt,Ecosport AT, Aspire dct, Zest AMT are pretty rare to find. I am very much confused about which one to go.

please provide your valuable inputs.

Last edited by rock18 : 17th September 2016 at 23:24.
Old 18th September 2016, 13:41   #164
BHPian

If you are having a budget of around 6-8 lacs, then I think you should not be checking out a used petrol autoomatic. I have owned used manuals but not automatics, but compared to manuals automatics might be a bit risky owing to its complex mechanicals. Just my opinion.

Jazz S AT would surely fit your requirement in terms of space and drivability, I can't confirm on safety features, but you should definitely take a look at it. Amaze can also do, same engine same CVT gearbox. Baleno Delta CVT again seems good option.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 14:02   #165
BHPian

Automatics under 10 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide (now with the Baleno & E...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
I am looking for an used automatic car to replace my Celerio AMT. This car will be primarily used by my wife for her daily office commutes (60kms daily) and by me for our family trips (2 kids).
Celerio is an excellent car to use in city but i need more power and space for the highways, so i am looking for an upgrade with not much damage to my pocket.

Im not sure about the others,but the City AT is a fuel guzzler. Mine gives 8-9kmpl in city, 12-13 on the highways. If diesel is an option, look around if you can find a verna diesel AT. The gearbox is archaic, but is decent enough. Otherwise the zest is perfectly decent enough.

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 18th September 2016 at 14:04.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks