Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2018, 12:55   #76
BHPian

Re: Which sedan offers the best Ride comfort for Driver and passengers, under 15 lakhs budget ?

No point in looking at any of the compact sedans in the market. None will meet your requirements.

Six is a tight fit even in a mid size sedan, especially when your prime requirement is comfort. I think Ciaz will be the only car I will consider from this segment in terms of space (read comfort), to meet the given requirements.

Other cars that you can consider are Toyota Corolla or Skoda Octavia. But both these fall above your budget unless you are ok with preowned ones.

All these sedans are designed to seat five persons only, therefore packing six will be a concern in terms of safety. Therefore it will be better for you to look for MPVs that will meet your requirments.

If you are ok with an MPV, you should wait to check out the new Maruti Ertiga.

Last edited by Flyer : 6th June 2018 at 13:11.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 13:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which sedan offers the best Ride comfort for Driver and passengers, under 15 lakhs budget ?

As others have said, 6 passengers in a sedan is strict no no. They will neither be safe nor comfortable

For your budget you can consider the Hexa base or mid variants. The Hexa is renowned for its ride quality. Since your requirement is an auto tranny, XMA would be what you should look at. It might be a stretch on your budget but I think it is worth the stretch.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 13:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

I know this may become a "Off Topic" post. But, still I go ahead and suggest this. You may inform Mods to delete this post, if you find this not useful

Since you already own a SUV, in my view, you will not be happy with Sedan Long drive. Since your only concern now is, your father cannot easily ingress into the SUV, suggesting you a very simple work around

You can lookout for a ClimbingLadder

Aliexpress has it and I found it to be useful for my dad.

PS: I have santro which I use for office Commute and for long drive, always, I earlier used Qualis and now, Fortuner.

I tried using santro for long drives once or twice to Mysore and other nearby places, for the same reason as yours. I did not get the satisfaction I get with my SUV. So, now, my father is happy to ingress into the car with the ladder. I always keep this in the car so that when my father accompanies us, this will help

Last edited by gkveda : 6th June 2018 at 13:18.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 13:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
For your budget you can consider the Hexa base or mid variants.
The prime reason he is looking for a sedan now is because it is difficult for his father to get in and out of his SUV due to its height. The same problem will be encountered in Hexa too.
Old 6th June 2018, 13:47   #80
BHPian

As other have mentioned, no sedan would seat 6 people in comfort. You need to have a look at MPVs in the market. Since you have mentioned Auto gearbox also, I would recommend BRV V CVT. It falls well in your budget, is low enough with car like seating that getting in and out should not be an issue for your father.

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2018 at 10:14. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 01:04   #81
BHPian

Since your requirement is unique we probably need a new segment "Six Seater Sedans". In olden days Ambassador used to seat six with a little crunch. These days the KUV-100 has it, again it is not a sedan nor it is spacious enough for six.

I would suggest (similar to @smartcat) a low floor MPV, may be Honda-BRV. Not very tall, ingress/egress can be compared to sedans. Not very bulky either, drives like a car, plus the third row can seat two kids.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 7th June 2018 at 01:25. Reason: Rephrasing
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 08:25   #82
BHPian

Ertiga should solve your problem. Proven platform, Desi, Easy in and out for elders, kids can fit in last row (Eldest or taller kid can share the middle row with ladies), roof rack for your luggages.

Easy on the pocket too and could buy you better tyres, seats and in-car entertainment with the extra budget that you will be left.

If your parent's cannot climb the side step in SUV (and age is ruthless on body as it progresses), then Ertiga is your best bet for future use too.

Happy and Safe driving.
Old 21st June 2018, 11:30   #83
BHPian

Re: Which is the best car to drive on our potholed roads?

I actually drive a car which takes potholes and bad roads with ease. A Fiat Linea, 1.4 petrol with 14 inch tyres. The car's suspension is magic, almost egging you to take potholes on! Ground clearance is no issue - never scraped in 30,000 kms. The tyres have a decent profile, providing a bit of a cushion. To top it all, the seats are on the softer side. This could be a bit of a pain on highways, but for the city it offers supreme comfort.
Considering that this (bare bones version) car retailed in Mumbai at less than 6.5 (in 2014), I would say it's the best answer to our roads, IF you are ready to take a depreciation hit AND an absence of features.
For me, it is difficult to give up on the drive-over-anything capability.
DrSumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:11   #84
BANNED

Respected Bhpians,
Would like to know if Captur and kicks retain the same ride quality of the duster and is the harrier as good as Hexa in the same context ??
Old 7th July 2020, 14:15   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
Respected Bhpians,
Would like to know if Captur and kicks retain the same ride quality of the duster and is the harrier as good as Hexa in the same context ??
I recently got Nissan Kicks. It’s ride quality is good, though, ride quality of Renault Duster is definitely better. Having said that, looking at the Kicks as a standalone contender, you will not have any complaints regarding its ride quality.
sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 23:38   #86

Found this thread after quite a while.
My question out there to all BHPians is that what about pre-owned luxury cars.
Off late, I've noticed 8-10 year old BMW's, Mercedes & Audi's resale for barely 5-6 lakhs.
Would they be good enough for pothole filled roads like the ones in Mumbai?
We all know that their comfort is excellent which will be great for senior citizens.
Old 15th September 2020, 11:06   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil@786 View Post
Found this thread after quite a while.
My question out there to all BHPians is that what about pre-owned luxury cars.
Off late, I've noticed 8-10 year old BMW's, Mercedes & Audi's resale for barely 5-6 lakhs.
Would they be good enough for pothole filled roads like the ones in Mumbai?
We all know that their comfort is excellent which will be great for senior citizens.

For potholed roads, a crossover might be more suited than a low slung sedan. That is why all these CSUVs are so popular in our country. When you buy a used luxury car which is 8-10 year old, be prepared to shell out a handsome amount in maintenance every year. Usually these cars would have 8-10 year of warranty/ extended warranty/ service package, and usually the owner will be swapping such a car the end of this period.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 11:30   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
For potholed roads, a crossover might be more suited than a low slung sedan. That is why all these CSUVs are so popular in our country. When you buy a used luxury car which is 8-10 year old, be prepared to shell out a handsome amount in maintenance every year. Usually these cars would have 8-10 year of warranty/ extended warranty/ service package, and usually the owner will be swapping such a car the end of this period.
Thanks for your reply.
I've heard that German cars are quite expensive to maintain.
But how does the maintenance stack up against let's say a Japanese car.
Eg. A used BMW/Mercedes against a used Mitsubishi Pajero.
Old 15th September 2020, 12:00   #89
BHPian

Used Germans, specially the luxury trio are definitely more expensive to maintain. Even routine service is more expensive than a Jap/Korean/Indian car. For older cars the part might need to be imported even in the rare circumstances. If you have a trusted FNG, the maintenance costs will be significantly lower for the Europeans. Japanese cars will be more reliable. But the European cars are definitely more fun to drive, luxurious and safer than the Japanese. Both have their pros and cons.

You need to decide your requirements, the compromises that you are willing to make. Lot of it will depend on what purpose the car will serve, who will drive, maintain etc.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:20   #90

I test drove the new Kicks 2020 XV variant with 1.5LNA engine. As far as suspension goes this was the best car I drove till date. I drove the vehicle in the YMCA grounds in chennai that had a lot of potholes and speed breakers and mud roads. The kicks took on all of them and I barely felt anything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks