Team-BHP > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2017, 16:12   #16
BHPian
 
BeantownThinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 271
Thanked: 438 Times
Default re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Given your requirements it is a no brainer that you should be looking only at the Creta Diesel AT. Here's why:

1. You clearly want an AT
2. Looking at your monthly running of 2500kms a diesel makes sense due to better fuel efficiency (Petrol AT fuel efficiency sucks no matter which car you pick)
3. Creta will be a better fit for a senior citizen as entry and exit is easier on the knees than the low seating of both the City and the Verna
4. Hyundai after sales service comes closest to Maruti experience
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 16:57   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,321
Thanked: 2,943 Times
Default re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Looking at you requirements, I will recommend you to go for an Automatic, preferably diesel as your daily running is 70Kms approx.

The Creta or the new Verna Diesel Automatic suits you perfectly.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 17:53   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 238
Thanked: 686 Times
Default re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Hi

Since your monthly running is on the higher side, and as most of the follow members have suggested, going with Honda City CVT doesn't make a lot of sense (even though it is such a terrific car). Verna has limited rear seat space, both headroom and leg room but is a great package overall. Creta, for me, checks most of the boxes though it is the most expensive one of the lot.

We own Creta SX diesel auto and it is fun to drive. The only bummer is the soft ride on highways. Feels a little bumpy. Other than that, it is very refined, powerful, spacious and has light steering wheel, as you would prefer.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 18:19   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: BLR, GGN
Posts: 410
Thanked: 818 Times
Default re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
EDIT: You mention ex showroom. I haven's searched for ex showroom prices, maybe you are right.
Yes, as said its ex-showroom Delhi. The ex-showroom Delhi price of EX Petrol is 10.48 lakhs. Have taken only ex-showroom in my calculation as I am unaware of the on road prices of both of them.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 18:29   #20
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 491
Thanked: 750 Times
Default re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Friends

Please help me out to decide my next car.
If I were you, I would evaluate it based on the key points in your requirements. My evaluation would be somewhat like this:

Car#1 Verna: Ruled out

Because, you want this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
-Also, i feel who ever sits inside the car, be it me or family should be comfortable. I have my senior citizen mom
But, you found it to to be this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
What i dont like
-The space inside the cabin. It feels as if am sitting inside almost a hatchback segment car. Less of beige and more of black interiors or probably it is 50/50. The rear seat may not be as comfortable for the family as others offer.

Car#2 City (Petrol): Ruled out

Because of this requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Average distance traveled per month
2500 km
You will clock 1,50,000km in 5years. The savings in fuel cost will be big.


Car#3 Creta: My choice

The following requirements are addressed to a great extent:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations
Similar to MASS if not the same
.
.
Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort)
-First and foremost requirement: It should be too comfortable to drive in the city with the AT box.I need a light steering specially since i have some pain in my neck these days.
-Also, i feel who ever sits inside the car, be it me or family should be comfortable. I have my senior citizen mom
-Last but not the least, it should not be dull or boring to drive on highways
.
.
How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you)
Atleast 5 years. Resale should be good too.
One weak point is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
-Also, as mentioned in some of the reviews, i felt the lumbar support to be missing as compared to Verna and City.
But it feel it can be possibly addressed to. Have a look at this.

Since you have a high running I would suggest you very strongly to go for the Creta 1.6 SX plus AT.


The biggest problem is the budget. But this point should address that. Paisa Vasool, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family
Only sometimes my wife may want to show it off to her friends
benzinblut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 09:58   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 156
Thanked: 125 Times
Default re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Well, Many thanks to all of you who replied above and sorry for a late reply as i got busy on weekend due to Karvachauth and Diwali preparations at home :-)

What i see above is this

Car - No Of Votes
Zest -1
Duster -1
Creta-7
Verna -5
Jazz 1.2 CVT -2
Brezza-1
XUV -500 -2
Dzire ZDI+ AMT -1

I am not considering a Tata Car as of now. Though i know they have improved a lot but there are many people offline still advising me not to go for one as their service might not be comparable to MASS. No offences but this is the sole reason for not considering a Tata.

For Duster - I read reviews saying is steering is not light as i would want in a City traffic.

Jazz 1.2 - is a nice car. I think i can consider . I will need to check the price difference first. If it is only a 1-2 lakh difference then i think going in for sedan will make sense.

Dzire,Brezza and S Cross - All of them being Maruti again with Brezza and S Cross having no AT option are ruled out. I already have a Dzire ZDI AT with my brother at home , so do not want another one as earlier too we had 2 swifts at home both being exactly similar in specs even the color.

XUV-500 - I think i should check it out, but i believe the sheer size of the vehicle may not be suitable for city traffic . Am i wrong here ? Also i am not sure of the city mileage of this car.

Clearly it is the Creta which most of you have suggested. Even i think it is best fit. But i was reading a few ownership reviews of the 1.6 D Verna and Creta and what i could gather is that the Car may give me only 12-14 kmpl in City Traffic ? If that is the case dont you think Honda City CVT giving 10-12 kmpl in City traffic is almost the same ownership cost considering the initial difference.

Also, do you guys think the Creta SX AT 1.5 CRDI costing almost 17.10 OTR Delhi is justified ?

Another few important things that come to my mind is the Insurance . I see the zero dep cover of all the cars like Creta comes to between 40-60 thousand depending on the variant chosen.

Thanks again and looking forward to some more help on this from you guys.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 14:01   #22
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 620
Thanked: 679 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort)
-First and foremost requirement: It should be too comfortable to drive in the city with the AT box.I need a light steering specially since i have some pain in my neck these days.
-Second:I somehow liked that airy feeling that ciaz offered. That beige interiors, those wooden inserts, those leather seats, the touch screen,16 inch alloys all gave a sense of luxury.
-Also, i feel who ever sits inside the car, be it me or family should be comfortable. I have my senior citizen mom
-Last but not the least, it should not be dull or boring to drive on highways
I have a Creta AT Diesel purchased in April this year. We use it in similar conditions although mileage is significantly lower (15kms a day, 8k in 6months). Let me share my 2 cents:
1. The driving position is not the most comfortable. The existing Creta owners on TBHP agree with this. The seat lacks lumbar support and the positioning is slightly awkward for longer runs. Might need a seat cover job to fill this void. Steering feel is decent too, but it's not Ford or Duster.

2. No sense of luxury in the AT version either. The interiors are well placed and subtle, but there's no wood or leather on side panels or arm-rest. Much of it can be fitted from a third party though.

3. Creta is great for the co-pilot and passengers. Your mom might find getting in and out of the car painful though.

4. Well, it's no joy to bullet this one from a standstill. Until 2k RPM, the car will be busy shuffling gears. Highway drive is great but until you hit the 5th gear/ 80kmph mark, it's uninspiring. But I guess that'll apply for most of AT ones out there.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 14:19   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 156
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I have a Creta AT Diesel purchased in April this year. We use it in similar conditions although mileage is significantly lower (15kms a day, 8k in 6months). Let me share my 2 cents:
1. The driving position is not the most comfortable. The existing Creta owners on TBHP agree with this. The seat lacks lumbar support and the positioning is slightly awkward for longer runs. Might need a seat cover job to fill this void. Steering feel is decent too, but it's not Ford or Duster.

2. No sense of luxury in the AT version either. The interiors are well placed and subtle, but there's no wood or leather on side panels or arm-rest. Much of it can be fitted from a third party though.

3. Creta is great for the co-pilot and passengers. Your mom might find getting in and out of the car painful though.

4. Well, it's no joy to bullet this one from a standstill. Until 2k RPM, the car will be busy shuffling gears. Highway drive is great but until you hit the 5th gear/ 80kmph mark, it's uninspiring. But I guess that'll apply for most of AT ones out there.
I agree to all the points above. In fact i test drove a Vento DSG and even that car has noticeable initial turbo lag. I felt verna to be better in that sense.

Can i ask you , what is km/l you getting and the on road price of the variant that you purchased in April. I believe, after the cess there is a good 50-90 k difference in on road prices.

PS: Sometimes, i think i should buy a Wagon R AMT and save all the money Can use the zoom car services for Highways :-)
RaSing is offline  
Old 9th October 2017, 15:06   #24
BHPian
 
AnInternetUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Any particular reason you are not looking at used vehicles? There are several Cretas available around the 11-13L range in the used market among other cars.

If I had to choose a car within 15L, I would be looking at a lightly used Skoda Octavia. There's something about that car which makes it immensely appealing to me. Also, it's a German and while the ASS is a hit or a miss, the car's highway performance should tip the scales in favor of it!

Moreover, the other cars that you've mentioned (City, Verna, etc) aren't an "upgrade" from your Ciaz in my opinion. The Creta and Octavia probably are.

This thread - is what changed my opinion of used cars, might be worth a read if you haven't gone though it already

Last edited by AnInternetUser : 9th October 2017 at 15:07. Reason: Fixed formatting
AnInternetUser is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 15:46   #25
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 620
Thanked: 679 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Can i ask you , what is km/l you getting and the on road price of the variant that you purchased in April. I believe, after the cess there is a good 50-90 k difference in on road prices.
Km/l should be close to 13 I believe, don't have exact figures though. I got it for 16.15L OTR (exchanged my i10 magna for 2.15L) with PB registration. Not sure how GST has impacted the prices, but we had booked it much before GST launch date was finalized.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:02   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 156
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Km/l should be close to 13 I believe, don't have exact figures though. I got it for 16.15L OTR (exchanged my i10 magna for 2.15L) with PB registration. Not sure how GST has impacted the prices, but we had booked it much before GST launch date was finalized.
So that one is around 17.10-17.15 OTR Delhi now :|. Anyways Thanks for sharing that info.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
Any particular reason you are not looking at used vehicles? There are several Cretas available around the 11-13L range in the used market among other cars.

If I had to choose a car within 15L, I would be looking at a lightly used Skoda Octavia. There's something about that car which makes it immensely appealing to me. Also, it's a German and while the ASS is a hit or a miss, the car's highway performance should tip the scales in favor of it!

Moreover, the other cars that you've mentioned (City, Verna, etc) aren't an "upgrade" from your Ciaz in my opinion. The Creta and Octavia probably are.

This thread - is what changed my opinion of used cars, might be worth a read if you haven't gone though it already
To be honest, i did have a look at olx and quikr for some used citys and Cretas, but haven't had any experience of buying a used car till now, I fear wasting a lot of money by buying a used car from a car dealer in case it turns out be a lemon. If the car is from a known source, i can still think about it. But what i have seen is that even a car which shows signs of driven or maintained recklessly are listed with words as excellent condition, next to showroom and all that . In fact, every other advertisement mentions the car as in excellent condition.

I think you are right saying Octavia is an upgrade, but then i think it is the negative reviews of maintenance that holds me back for it. As i said, i am used to MASS like services and cost of ownership. I think about the worse case scenarios of major parts giving in and the cost of replacing them
RaSing is offline  
Old 9th October 2017, 16:12   #27
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 620
Thanked: 679 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
So that one is around 17.10-17.15 OTR Delhi now :|. Anyways Thanks for sharing that info.
I hope this conversation isn't off-topic.

The price in Noida (where we primarily reside) was about 16.75 OTR then. Delhi RTO is 2% more than UP if I'm not mistaken, so the prices haven't changed too much. We got a better deal in Punjab since the dealership was new (ours was their first Creta sale) and the old car being PB registered fetched a much better resale.
Nonstop-driver is offline  
Old 9th October 2017, 16:38   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: BLR, GGN
Posts: 410
Thanked: 818 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Km/l should be close to 13 I believe, don't have exact figures though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Clearly it is the Creta which most of you have suggested. Even i think it is best fit. But i was reading a few ownership reviews of the 1.6 D Verna and Creta and what i could gather is that the Car may give me only 12-14 kmpl in City Traffic ? If that is the case dont you think Honda City CVT giving 10-12 kmpl in City traffic is almost the same ownership cost considering the initial difference.

Also, do you guys think the Creta SX AT 1.5 CRDI costing almost 17.10 OTR Delhi is justified ?
Yes, in terms of fuel efficiency, the 1.5 on Honda is a gem, even in front of the 1.2 on Honda Jazz/Amaze/Brio. We have City and Brio in our home and they give similar mileage despite staggering difference in power.

Lets consider the actual money savings. 10 kmpl for City petrol, translates to a running cost of 7 Rs/km. 12 kmpl for Creta Diesel translates to 5 Rs/km. A difference of 2 Rs/km. At 2500 km a month, this translates to 5000 Rs/month savings for Hyundai Diesel. 2.5 lakhs difference over 5 years is close to that amount, hence savings would be nullified.

Another factor to consider is that you are in Delhi. Considering the recent judgements being given by Supreme Court and the NGT, I don't find it difficult to envisage a ban on diesel vehicles in NCR, or some kind of regulation that will severely impact the resale value of diesel cars.

Considering this, and you finding space in Verna as inadequate, the City might be your best bet.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 17:20   #29
BHPian
 
AnInternetUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
To be honest, i did have a look at olx and quikr for some used citys and Cretas, but haven't had any experience of buying a used car till now, I fear wasting a lot of money by buying a used car from a car dealer in case it turns out be a lemon. If the car is from a known source, i can still think about it. But what i have seen is that even a car which shows signs of driven or maintained recklessly are listed with words as excellent condition, next to showroom and all that . In fact, every other advertisement mentions the car as in excellent condition.

I think you are right saying Octavia is an upgrade, but then i think it is the negative reviews of maintenance that holds me back for it. As i said, i am used to MASS like services and cost of ownership. I think about the worse case scenarios of major parts giving in and the cost of replacing them
I agree, but purchasing a newer car should not be an issue since it will still be under warranty and you can get an extended warranty if the option is available. I found a few Octavias in the 12-13L range here in Mumbai and if the prices are similar in Delhi, that leaves you with ~2.5L as spare cash should anything go wrong.

I'd still suggest taking a test drive of newer used cars like the Creta, Octavia or maybe even the facelifted previous-gen Superb. Best case: you really like the car and maybe even get one Worst case: You don't like it. Either way, it'll save you from all the "what if" thoughts you might have a few months/years down the line :P

Also, if you are satisfied with the City's offering, you could maybe look at newer ones in the used car market - I've seen good examples sell for 8-9L and that's pretty good value I feel. You will save a few lakhs and get to experience a used car from a reliable brand without putting too much money at stake.
AnInternetUser is online now  
Old 9th October 2017, 17:28   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 3,134 Times
Default Re: Sold Ciaz - now confused between the City, Verna & Creta

I think the reason for changing your car within 1 year is your need for an automatic transmission with reasonably good mileage and after sales service. I think Verna 1.6 Diesel automatic ticks all the boxes for you at roughly 70kms/day. The Honda City AT is very good but a diesel would be the best for your kind of daily run.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 9th October 2017 at 17:29.
Durango Dude is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks