Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 00:19   #46
BHPian

Hi joe hope you have decided on the car.Safari is a great car.But after visiting TASS for nearly 10 years it is evident that its very hard for them to change.Dont worry about ANHC'S ground clearance much.My car has not scraped speed breaker yet ,in Trivandrum.But in cochin it did a couple of times in a private lane,but I had 4 people in the rear seat.But you have to be a bit more careful than the indigo.

Hope my initial ownership report will help you to make a decision.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html
Old 30th September 2009, 09:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Hi joe hope you have decided on the car.Safari is a great car.But after visiting TASS for nearly 10 years it is evident that its very hard for them to change.Dont worry about ANHC'S ground clearance much.My car has not scraped speed breaker yet ,in Trivandrum.But in cochin it did a couple of times in a private lane,but I had 4 people in the rear seat.But you have to be a bit more careful than the indigo.
Hi, the decision part is done. It will be a Honda. Purchase has been planned for early part of next year. Thanks for your update.
Old 30th September 2009, 09:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi, the decision part is done. It will be a Honda. Purchase has been planned for early part of next year. Thanks for your update.
Hey you lost the battle! I don't know what to say man. I am happy for you that you would be driving off with the ANHC but the on the other hand the Safari has gone out of your clutches.
Old 7th October 2009, 11:23   #49
BHPian

With the recent rains in Karnataka & Andhra Pradesh and the worsening of the Highways, still you wan't to go for Honda City?
Old 7th October 2009, 11:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
With the recent rains in Karnataka & Andhra Pradesh and the worsening of the Highways, still you wan't to go for Honda City?
Interesting question. if I had to go by this logic, then other car manufacturers will be soon out of business, as, most of Indian roads are like this at some point of time in the year.

I don't want to book a room in the hospital and stay there thinking that I might get sick at some point....
Old 7th October 2009, 11:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting question. if I had to go by this logic, then other car manufacturers will be soon out of business, as, most of Indian roads are like this at some point of time in the year.

I don't want to book a room in the hospital and stay there thinking that I might get sick at some point....

This is an advice for a person who frequents Inter-city Highways. And as per your requirement, travelling from Bangalore to Kerala requires crossing of the Western Ghats.

For the City driving say 80-90%, obviously ANHC would be the ideal one.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:18   #52
BHPian

Thought of bringing some life to this thread. Now that I am almost near to finding a prospective buyer for my Indigo, I am in a dilemma as to whether I should buy the ANHC in 2010 ( just for the year of manufacture) or can I go and take the plunge now. I am planning to use the new car for at least 5-6 years ( or even more ) but not less.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well it really doesn't make such a big difference since you're gonna keep it for six years. Go for it now!
Old 16th November 2009, 21:33   #54
BHPian

Well buddy first of all how can you compare A SAFARI with a honda city?

A HC does not even stand out as a competition to a Safari.Also Honda is such that it will give you all the goodies to buy their car and then make you pay in the name of "SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE".

A Safari is an SUV you dominate the roads with it believe me cause my dad recently gifted me one and i really love the experience.People respect you a lot.

Also a HC has to be treated like a baby when it comes to potholes or huge speed breakers whereas a Safari just glides over all.

Also a Safari has more safety like ABS airbags and overall the height and size rather than a HC which fells like your sitting on the ground and by the way can get run over by the safari any time.

At last i'd say BE INDIAN, BUY INDIAN because HC's motto is "sab china hai"
Old 16th November 2009, 23:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thought of bringing some life to this thread. Now that I am almost near to finding a prospective buyer for my Indigo, I am in a dilemma as to whether I should buy the ANHC in 2010 ( just for the year of manufacture) or can I go and take the plunge now. I am planning to use the new car for at least 5-6 years ( or even more ) but not less.
Somewhere on the forum I read about VS variant that is going to be introduced. You can wait and check out that one too. Yes, there is no point in waiting just for the sake of 2010 car. You may get some good bargains in December/Jan on the 2009 model.
Old 6th January 2010, 19:25   #56

Looks like City won finally! I don't think you will regret it. I have driven my ANHC between BLR and TVM and it is a dream to drive! And within city limits it is a dream to drive too. So far A.S.S has been really good from Honda. But I do my services in TVM. I have found the service guys there outstanding and very helpful compared to the BLR guys.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:11   #57
BHPian

well joe, if you have made your decision, my tht is get the car now coz an old tried and tested car is always better, new models can have bugs

but if you've not decided, like ive answered on the other thread, safety is an everyday feature about going anywhere without pain. fatigue, etc. which we overlook... Safari is a tank, unless you bump into a Thick wall or a larger vehicle (very few out there), there isnt a question of airbads, etc. However, ABS might be useful...
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:44   #58
BHPian

Just incase if you haven't made the decision yet, take a TD on mighty muscular scorp! A third aspect is always a good reference point.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:17   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Most people who have responded to your thread seem to be non safari owners, going by their responses- Great presence, glide over bumps etc. JK Das is the only one that I know who has a Safari, and you should give his views a serious thought.

let me give you my perspective as a Safari owner-

1.Road presence, yes it certainly gets you respect. But, you need to be very careful since this truck comes with the most pathetic brakes ever seen aon any vehicle, lock up is ridiculously easy and that in my book makes it dangerous. if you do buy a safari, make sure it has ABS

2. Cornering- sweeping moderate speed corners, abrupt lane changes are a big no-no in the Safari, for obvious reasons

3. Reliability- different people have different views on this, but on the whole, the Safari is not a reliable vehicle. Over time, we safari owners have gotten used to some issues and have termed them niggles, which in other cars would be termed as faults- AC fuse blowing, interior lights falling off, suspension issues brake issues etc. And going by user reviews and examples of fellow safari owners, the 2.2s seem to be more prone to these "niggles" than the 3.0

4. Safari ride- Even I bought my safari swayed by the "magic ride" stories- in two words _"Bovine excreta". the only thing that the safari has is a very soft suspension. So this gives the impression of a good ride at low speeds in city roads. Speed up a bit (say 80 KPH) on an undulating road, and you will be reminded of your favourite roller coaster. and if there is a bend on the road you will revisit the concept of body roll.

5. A.S.S. I have no idea of Honda A.S.S. since I have never had the pleasure of owning one, but let me tell you, TATA A.S.S. sucks big time. If you are a safari owner, they will make all the right noises in terms of welcoming you, opening a job card, giving you a courtesy drop and pick up etc, but their workmanship is pathetic. Ans this is true for most Tata dealerships.

I just wanted to give you an owners perspective. the ANHC is by no means perfect, and you should also look at the Linea and SX4 as well, IMO

Cheers!
Boy, This was honest. In my battle of purchasing Innova vs Scorpio vs Safari, U certainly Finally convinced me...

Thanks.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:54   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Boy, This was honest. In my battle of purchasing Innova vs Scorpio vs Safari, U certainly Finally convinced me...

Thanks.
Your reply says very little which car won the battle. Kindly reveal.

Joe, good you made a decision to buy the ANHC, its a sedan afterall, some guys need time to upgrade to an SUV. Take your time.

Out of 150+ Safari's on T-BHP, there are only 1 or 2 Safari's having serious trouble. Whenever it comes to Safari's things are blown beyond proportions.

Only we Safari guys know the Joy of owning one SUV called "THE SAFARI" , while others settle for less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks