Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-231.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4007401)
It probably means the car previously allotted to you was given to someone else, for some reason.

Unless you want the car quickly, stick with what you want and wait.

This is what I suspect as well. Wonder if the dealer will compensate me in some way lol:. Can I wait? that is a difficult question. I am trading in my old swift, whose clutch and battery could give away any day. So not sure if I want to wait for 4 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4007401)
What have you heard about Hyundai's after sales service? I don't think it is strong enough a reason to stay away from Hyundai.

Whatever I have read here, plus heard from my friends, it appears that the servicing costs are higher, as compared to Maruti.

Hi Guys,

I have booked a Honda City Petrol yesterday. Here are the details:

Model: Honda City Petrol, SV Model
Dealer: Capital Honda, Chennai
Booking amount: Rs. 51,000/-
Color choice: Carnelian Red
Expected Waiting Period: 20-30 days!!

The only discounts I could haggle out of the dealer were 1) Seat covers 2) Car cover 3) Basic accessories 4) Reverse Camera 5) Corporate Discount

Really excited, waiting to get my hands on the car soon!!!

Car: Wagon R
Variant: LXI CNG (Optional) with Air bags
Color: Passion Red
Dealer: Fortpoint, Thane
On road price: 5.40L
Date of booking: 06/07/2016
Estimated date of delivery: By end of Aug 2016
Booking amount: Rs. 10000/-

Freebies include:
Matting
Mud Flap
Steering Cover
Anti Rust
Teflon Coating
Body Cover

This variant is made to order as per the dealer hence waiting of 6-8 weeks. Delivery may be preponed by few days if car arrives early.

Nano fetched 70K under exchange (including exchange bonus) which I think is a good amount for a 2011 LX model.

Car: Suzuki Celerio
Variant: ZXI(O)
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Pearl White
Dealer: ABT Trichy
OTR Trichy: 5.99 lakhs
Discounts: 20k exchange bonus + 20k cash discount + mats + art leather seat covers
Date of booking: 09/07/2016
Estimated Delivery: Latest by July last week, but I can get it earlier as the dealer is a close friend of mine.

Car exchanged: 2012 Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT(O)
Car bought for 6,90,000 OTR
Usage: 87000km
Sold for: 3,00,000

Personally, I wanted to buy a Tiago, but dad is fixed on the ugly Celerio (no offence to owners).

Car: Mahindra XUV 500
Variant: W10 AT FWD with new passive keyless entry and push button start/stop.
Fuel: Diesel
Color: Spice Grey
Dealer: Sireesh Yalanka Bangalore
OTR :
Discounts: 23k cash discount + 10K corporate + 20K free accessories
Date of booking: 09/12/2016
Estimated Delivery: Hopefully by next week, as getting the car under company lease these might be delay due to paper work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsixty1 (Post 4013907)
..Date of booking: 09/12/2016..

Guess the Date of Booking is 07/12/2016 i.e July 12th 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishsreedharan (Post 4006768)
I am awaiting delivery of my Gentle White Giant "Optimus". Details below:

Update: Vehicle arrived on the 4th and registration was on the 5th. I took delivery on the 6th and until today, have done about 850 kms. I am so in love with this monster clap:

Fiat Linea 125s. :D

Otr : 10.85 lacs ( Incl zero dep insurance)
Color : to be decided once shipments roll in. I'm confused between Magnesio Grey and Minimal Grey.
Delivery: July'16 end.

Booking amount paid. Downpayment and loan to be processed once I look at the vehicle, do the PDI and select color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baz_303 (Post 4014154)
Fiat Linea 125s. :D

Otr : 10.85 lacs ( Incl zero dep insurance)
Color : to be decided once shipments roll in. I'm confused between Magnesio Grey and Minimal Grey.
Delivery: July'16 end.

Booking amount paid. Downpayment and loan to be processed once I look at the vehicle, do the PDI and select color.

Heartiest congrats mate:thumbs up.

Did you take a test drive? I would suggest Magnesio grey over Minimal grey, got good road presence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 4014165)

Did you take a test drive? I would suggest Magnesio grey over Minimal grey, got good road presence.

Hi Ghodlur,

They don't have the TD vehicle yet. Believe that they will get it this week and I will TD it this weekend.

I TD'ed the existing 114 Ps version extensively ( 50 odd kms) and loved the build & dynamics. Given the changes, I believe that the drive will not be very different. I will let time be the judge of that!

Done PDI today. Everything going well, the guy is coming home this week (though official date given is 29/7).

Car -- Honda Amaze
Variant -- S AT CVT
Fuel -- Petrol
Color -- Urban Titanium
Dealer -- Whitefield Honda Bangalore
OTR -- (a bit complicated because of company lease)
Discount -- cash discount of 5K + backing up camera (worth 10K?)
Booked -- 05/7/16
Estimated delivery -- 29/7/16

Booked a Alto K10.

Make : Maruti
Model : Alto K10
Variant : Vxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : July, 2016
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date :
Dealer & City : Pune
Freebies : None :-(

I had earlier booked a Swift Lxi Optional (with ABS and Airbags) but changed the booking due to budget constraint. Hope the Alto-K10 would suffice. Only thing I don't like about it is the space issue...

The car has reached the dealership. Pdi is done and it has passed it with flying colors. I had to change color choice to grey inorder to get the delivery faster. :)

PS: The brown Ciaz is the elder Suzuki at my garage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pankajn1702 (Post 4010171)
Variant: LXI CNG (Optional) with Air bags
On road price: 5.40L
Estimated date of delivery: By end of Aug 2016
Booking amount: Rs. 10000/-

Unfortunately, Maruti and their dealerships are not very keen to sell cars with airbags in this segment.
Considering the delay as well as my need, I decided to go with normal variant (without Airbags)

Updated details:
Variant: LXI CNG
On road price: 5.19L
Estimated date of delivery: 4th Aug

Loan and other formalities are complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pankajn1702 (Post 4021827)
Unfortunately, Maruti and their dealerships are not very keen to sell cars with airbags in this segment.
Considering the delay as well as my need, I decided to go with normal variant (without Airbags).

This is the same problem I am facing with Swift Ldi (O). It has been more than 2 months since I booked. No information on whether they can deliver the car.
It would be great if someone can share the contacts of respective regional sales managers so that this can be escalated.