Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-235.html)

After extensive test driving of vehicles across various segments right from Ecosport to Ertiga to S-Cross 1.6 to Duster AMT to Creta diesel 1.6 AT SX+ to XUV500 W6 AT to Innova G-AT, finally shortlisted Duster AMT and S-Cross 1.6.

With the presence of AT option along with safety features, good ride quality and slightly harder clutch in S-Cross 1.6, tilted the decision in favour of Duster AMT.
Though there is certain lag/jerk when changing gear in Auto mode in Duster, it is not present in Manual mode which I considered as a boon along with clutch less travel. Creta diesel 1.6 AT SX+ is overly priced by 2+ lakhs over Duster AMT and does not have cruse control facility, ESP, speed sensitive auto door locking, etc; XUV 500 W6 AT - felt bigger.

Finally, booked Duster AMT as per the details listed below.

Make : Renault
Model : Duster
Variant : 110ps RxZ AMT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 14th September 2016
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : Early October (Around 1st to 4th)
Dealer & City : Renault Vijayawada
Freebies : None
Others : 40,000 Cash Discount + 20,000 (additional discount - informed later, should be invoiced by 30th Sept)
OTR : 15.47L quoted (approx).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 4059026)

Finally, booked Duster AMT as per the details listed below.

Make : Renault
Model : Duster
Variant : 110ps RxZ AMT
Others : 40,000 Cash Discount + 20,000 (additional discount - informed later, should be invoiced by 30th Sept)

I got an sms from Renault Hyderabad couple of days back mentioning that AMT is available at Manual prices. Do check if there is a higher discount. When we purchased RXZ AMT in May, the quote for comprehensive was around 50k from the dealer. We took Zero Dep Insurance @ 29k from Tata AIG directly.

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Baleno
Variant : 1.2 Delta
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 11 Sep 2016
Color : Dark Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Approx 4 months
City : New Delhi

Moved from XUV 5OO to Maruti Suzuki Baleno. What a shift!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaureanBull (Post 4060964)
What a shift!

Really an interesting shift. Would like to know the reasons for this and if possible breakup of Baleno cost.

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Polo
Variant : GT TSI
Booking Date : 16 Sep 2016
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : 6-7 Weeks
City : Pune

Just received a call from showroom guy (B U Bhandari, Hadapsar, Pune) that the company is saying there is an increase in VAT and I will have to pay approx 10-15k more than that has been agreed on the Sales Contract Form (Signed During Booking).
Is this correct or one more case of VW cheating?

Quote:

Originally Posted by capslock (Post 4064247)

Just received a call from showroom guy (B U Bhandari, Hadapsar, Pune) that the company is saying there is an increase in VAT and I will have to pay approx 10-15k more than that has been agreed on the Sales Contract Form (Signed During Booking).

This seems to be correct. Even I received a similar intimation from Deccan Honda about my Brio booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capslock (Post 4064247)
I will have to pay approx 10-15k more than that has been agreed on the Sales Contract Form (Signed During Booking). [/b]

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 4064256)
This seems to be correct. Even I received a similar intimation from Deccan Honda about my Brio booking.

It indeed is correct.
VAT has been increased in the state by 1%.

Though it should not be more than 10-11k for the Polo GT TSI and 6-7k for the Brio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinit.merchant (Post 4064304)
6-7k for the Brio.

Though Honda being Honda, they have nicely rounded it off to a 15k bump , thanks to a price hike received from Honda themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 4064308)
Though Honda being Honda, they have nicely rounded it off to a 15k bump , thanks to a price hike received from Honda themselves.

Price hike received from Honda?
Is it for the upcoming Brio facelift or have they actually hiked up the price of the current Brio? :Shockked:

Make : Tata
Model : Tiago
Variant : XZ
Booking Date : 24 Sep 2016
Color : Expresso brown
Expected Delivery Date : 4-6 Weeks
City : Trichur,Kerala

Booked my first car after 5 years of extensive research.. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinuchel (Post 4065461)
Make : Tata
Model : Tiago
Variant : XZ
Booking Date : 24 Sep 2016
Color : Expresso brown
Expected Delivery Date : 4-6 Weeks
City : Trichur,Kerala

Booked my first car after 5 years of extensive research.. :)

Can you please mention the on-road price? We are looking for a replacement for my FIL's 70K old Alto 800. My first choice is Tiago for him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 4059026)

Hello vvrchandra,

Please discuss with your Renault dealer if they can review the prices they offered to you. Renault is offering AMT at the same price of an equivalent MT across India, and further discounts of 20,000 (gift cheque) + 12,000 (or 4gm gold coin) until the end of this month. Your net price (inclusive of insurance) should drop to close to 15.1L or less, OTR. If you have not already done so, please go ahead and get that discount!! Happy ownership :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 4065521)
Can you please mention the on-road price? We are looking for a replacement for my FIL's 70K old Alto 800. My first choice is Tiago for him.

Onroad price quoted is 5.81 lacs including AMC, 2 year additional warranty and accessories (3500rs)

Tiago XZ is a superb value for money deal if you ignore a bit less pickup and engine noise..

Quote:

Originally Posted by YashD (Post 4065328)
Price hike received from Honda?
Is it for the upcoming Brio facelift or have they actually hiked up the price of the current Brio? :Shockked:

Nope, they hiked prices of the current Brio , along with the rest of their way of model lineup! The further price hikes for the facelifted model will be announced too, soon , though. Gotta love Honda! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unBound (Post 4065648)
Hello vvrchandra,

Please discuss with your Renault dealer if they can review the prices they offered to you. Renault is offering AMT at the same price of an equivalent MT across India, and further discounts of 20,000 (gift cheque) + 12,000 (or 4gm gold coin) until the end of this month..

In fact, I was aware of this offer on 16th Sept itself and had a discussion with the dealer and they confirmed the same. Finally, there was a total discount of around 1.05L on the on-road price of Duster RXZ AMT. The base discount of 73K (AMT at the price of manual) + 20K + 12K (instead of 4gm gold coin) reduced the onroad price to 15.01L from the original price of 16.1L for RXZ AMT.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be taking the delivery on 3rd Oct 2016.