Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-26.html)

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : SX4 MT (BSIV)
Variant : ZXi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 27-Dec-2009
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 03-Jan-2010
Dealer & City : Spectra Motors, Borivali-East
Freebies : Sun film - front, side & back, transparent mats, steering cover & body cover
Others : Corporate discount, 1% cashback on financed amount

Find below the photo of my future car taken without having paid a single dime, and also directions to reach the Spectra Motors Mumbai Stockyard.

Note: The date is for tommorrow, couldn't wait, since I went for the PRI inspection today, and finalizing the deal tommorrow.

Congratulation friend. Nice white color. Please take care of the car. Hope you will care it nicely during the initial run of 960km or 1k plus koms run. Look for the Floor mat in other dealers. I do will look for you.

hey guys, quick Question here.
I am getting my new car registered on my navi mumbai address ( i own the flat ), but since i've lived in mumbai for 25 years, all my address proof's like passport,ration card are on mumbai address.
The electricity bill for the navi-mumbai address comes on project managers name, though I have all the flats documents ( allotment letter, mortgage closing letter ) as well as maintenance bill on my name available. Can also get a letter from society if need be.
But the dealer claims that since i dont have ration card/passport/etc on this address, I need to give a INR 700 affidavit to "RTO" to get the car registered. Is this valid or is the dealer just trying to make a quick buck/ bribe RTO here. And if so, how should I deal with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1652536)
Congratulation friend. Nice white color. Please take care of the car. Hope you will care it nicely during the initial run of 960km or 1k plus koms run. Look for the Floor mat in other dealers. I do will look for you.

The colour seems to be silver, not white. :)

Make : Grande Punto
Model : MJD
Variant : Active
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 12-Dec-2009
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 01-Jan-2010
Dealer & City : New Delhi
Freebies : Body Cover, mats, mud flaps etc..
On-Road Price : 5.09 L
Pre-Delivery experience :
I took down the chassis number and decoded it, found it to be Nov 2009 make which is OK. Before taking delivery I just wanted to make sure that the car I'm getting is visibly OK with no signs of rust and panels falling of , So went to the stock yard where our car was parked. Though there we no signs of rusting but i was shocked to see that the glove box has the lock removed and the fuse box cover is falling off and seemed broken. Then I checked the under body and engine area they looked untouched. But then came another shocker, I saw some paint spray marks on the left from seat as if they did some touch up job near the running board area and forgot to clean the mess.

I pointed out everything to the supervisor there and he assured me that PDI is yet to be done so everything would be fine. I've asked the sales associate to replace the car. Is this the right thing to do ?? Or I should take the delivery ??

We booked a I10 Era for my brother. The details are:

Make : Hyundai
Model : I10, Dec 2009
Variant : 1.1 Era, Metallic
Booking Date : 21-Dec-2009
Color : Electric Red
Expected Delivery Date : 28-Dec-2009 (Car registered on Thursday)
Dealer & City : DSC, TNagar, Chennai
Freebies : Insurance,Mats, Mud Flaps, Sony MP3 Player with USB, 4 Sony speakers, Seat Cover (Imitation or something like that), 3M Sun film, Car Cover, Perfume and Steering Cover.
Net Price : Rs 4.02L OTR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 1653955)
We booked a I10 Era for my brother. The details are:

Model : I10, Dec 2009
Variant : 1.1 Era, Metallic
Booking Date : 21-Dec-2009
Color : Electric Red
Expected Delivery Date : 28-Dec-2009 (Car registered on Thursday)
Dealer & City : DSC, TNagar, Chennai
Freebies : Insurance,Mats, Mud Flaps, Sony MP3 Player with USB, 4 Sony speakers, Seat Cover (Imitation or something like that), 3M Sun film, Car Cover, Perfume and Steering Cover.
Net Price : Rs 4.02L OTR

Got the car delivered and drove it for about 50 kms and left it at my brother's place. My brother is just learning driving and I will be his driver till he learns to drive in his busy schedule :D. Will post pictures in the other section shortly.

One thing which bothered with respect to delivery is the Car Manual was a old book, clearly anyone can find it out. The Vin number, Engine no, Date of Delivery etc have been changed using a white marker. Also I can somehow read through the white marked stuff, the previous date of delivery on the book was 05 May 2008. Dealer is saying that the delivery wrote it wrongly and hence had to change it.
Please guide us if this something to be given importance to?

During PDI, we decoded VIN number to find that it is a 2009 manufactured car only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh (Post 1653941)
I pointed out everything to the supervisor there and he assured me that PDI is yet to be done so everything would be fine. I've asked the sales associate to replace the car. Is this the right thing to do ?? Or I should take the delivery ??

Dont take the delivery for this vehicle. Better to have peace of mind. You will easily get another model, just that you will have to wait.

I would also suggest you publish the VIN number on T-BHP such that it is not sold to anoter member on the forum.

Model : Verna
Variant : 1.5 SX CRDi VGT Automatic
Booking Date : 16-Dec-2009
Color : Crystal White
Expected Delivery Date : 02-Jan-2010
Dealer & City : Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Freebies : Mats, mud flaps etc..
On-Road Price : 10.38 L. Less Corporate discount

Also Booked:

Model : i10
Variant : 1.2 Magna Automatic
Booking Date : 16-Dec-2009
Color : Blushing Red
Expected Delivery Date : 02-Jan-2010
Dealer & City : Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Freebies : Mats, mud flaps etc..
On-Road Price : 5.22 L. Less Corporate discount

Basically one car for wife & one for myself. Delivery of both cars together. Chose automatics because both of us are completely fed up with Bangalore traffic.

@jatinganapathy, congrats for booking two cars together. Some people are really lucky. :)

Hi,

I am getting my new Ritz on Friday...

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ritz
Variant : VXI
Booking Date : 24-Dec-2009
Color : Blue Blaze
Expected Delivery Date : 01-Jan-2010
Dealer & City : Indus Motors, Chennai
Freebies : Sun film - front, side & back, steering cover, Floor mats etc...
Others : Rs. 15000 Cashback

This would be my first car so I am eagerly waiting for it...

Hello all. Getting my linea on Jan 1st.
Make : Fiat
Model : Linea
Varient : Dynamic pk
Booking date : Dec 15th, 2009
Colour : Minimal grey
Expected Delivery Date : Jan 1st, 2010
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Cochin
Offer : Extended warrenty, corporate discount( Rs 8000), exchange bonus (Rs 15000)

Hi vaidy,

Congrats on your new Ritz. That too blue blaze. Great welcome for one more Ritz in Chennai. We are many Ritzians in various forums. Post your pictures and review report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilmabraham (Post 1656357)
@jatinganapathy, congrats for booking two cars together. Some people are really lucky. :)

Exactly. Congrats jatin.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdeepudev (Post 1656472)
Hello all. Getting my linea on Jan 1st.
Make : Fiat
Model : Linea
Varient : Dynamic pk
Booking date : Dec 15th, 2009
Colour : Minimal grey
Expected Delivery Date : Jan 1st, 2010
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Cochin
Offer : Extended warrenty, corporate discount( Rs 8000), exchange bonus (Rs 15000)

Which car did you exchange? Palio?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1656797)
Exactly. Congrats jatin.:thumbs up

Which car did you exchange? Palio?

Thanks guys.
Exchange prices from the dealer were pathetic. I had a Ford Fusion 1.6. Sold a couple days ago to another member here on Tbhp :thumbs up

Forgot to mention; got free insurance and extended 3rd year warranty on both the cars and remote locking on the i10 Magna Auto