Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 20:53   #781
Senior - BHPian

4 figos back to back. First time i am seeing 4 booking for same car here

@Deep Blue:
how was experience at Cauvery Ford, Mangalore. Whats the OTR for Figo?
Any idea how Figo booking they have got? i saw good number of them lying around dealership some time back!
Old 27th April 2010, 23:03   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Hi all,

To my surprise my dad had booked for a PUNTO 1.3MJD EMOTION in the month of March, due to many reasons the delivery was getting delayed. Now at last the delivery date is 23rd April 2010 at 10am. I finished doing the PDI on 21st April. Here are a few pictures of the car at the Show-room's service center near CMRIT college.

Hey Sujith...Congrats dude ! I picked mine yesterday, no photos to show for it coz I am in another city now !
Cruel ... I know!

What was the OTR for your Dynamic 1.3 ?

- B4W
Old 28th April 2010, 11:42   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

@Deep Blue:
how was experience at Cauvery Ford, Mangalore. Whats the OTR for Figo?
Any idea how Figo booking they have got? i saw good number of them lying around dealership some time back!
Actually I never went to their showroom!
They have a sales rep for Udupi area who came to my office and handled the booking. He also brought the car to Udupi for the test drive and again in the evening to my home for my wife to see. He got it again for a second TD when I was vacillating between Figo and Manza. Overall the experience was nice, though he was a little pushy.
The OTR for Titanium diesel is 6,42,571.
Break up
Ex showroom-534610
Road tax-82330
Bank charges on road tax D/D-208
Comprehensive insurance-13533(Bajaj Allianz)
Incidental expenses-6000
Standard fitments-2400
Additional 3rd yr warranty-3490
Total - 6.42,571

Did not ask him about how many booking they have.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 28th April 2010 at 11:44.
Old 29th April 2010, 07:44   #784
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Deep Blue.

Any idea what are these

Quote:
Incidental expenses-6000
Standard fitments-2400
I believe Incidental expense is same as handling charges, what is this standard fitment charge! Any idea?
Old 29th April 2010, 15:44   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Just booked my first new car:
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol Titanium in Chill.
Dealer: Lathangi (tempted to call it Latt-hanigae or rolling pin in Kannada) Ford, Bangalore
Booking Date: 14 April 2010
Sales person says 6 weeks during test drive, 2 weeks when taking the booking. I believe 6 weeks.
Have asked for the USB port, front & rear fogs, sun film.
No freebies given, none expected.
Same here. Was the SA a guy named Christopher? Even for me he quoted 3-4 weeks and during booking it came down to 2 weeks. When I asked the reason for this sudden change, he said that they just received a mail from Ford India to quote 2 weeks !
I'm currently in my 2nd to 3rd week and it seems at least a week more if not more that that for the delivery.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:39   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
My SP in Chowgule has assured me that I will get my car by 15th May latest, with everything including registration done. I hope he doesnt renege on his promise.
The worst has happened. First I got a call from him saying that there was an Azure Grey swift with them and if I wanted it, I said no, I dont, and then my next question to him was if everything was on track for me to get my car when I wanted it, he assured me everything was fine and I would face no issues whatsoever.
But within a couple of minutes, got a call from him again saying that sorry, but they wont be able to delivery it. I was in a meeting and all I said to him at that moment is that since they are not able to keep up their promises, I will be canceling my booking with them, he was absolutely unaffected by it and said that they have absolutely no problems in giving me a refund.

I am mightily pissed off by this attitude.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:58   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I believe Incidental expense is same as handling charges, what is this standard fitment charge! Any idea?
Incidental expense is handling charges + registration, grease for RTO officials etc. He told me earlier they used to charge 2000 extra for Udupi customers but have now stopped of late.
Standard fitment is for the mats and mudflaps.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:33   #788
BHPian

Breaking the four Figos in a row, I booked my FIAT Punto MJD Active (Black) yesterday. As it is already in stock, the dealer promised me that two working days from "Full Payment" I will receive the car. Writing him a check today, which should clear by Monday, so expecting the beauty by Wednesday!
Old 30th April 2010, 14:09   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
Breaking the four Figos in a row, I booked my FIAT Punto MJD Active (Black) yesterday. As it is already in stock, the dealer promised me that two working days from "Full Payment" I will receive the car. Writing him a check today, which should clear by Monday, so expecting the beauty by Wednesday!
congrats what the offers running now? what was the final cost after discounts etc
Old 30th April 2010, 14:17   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Same here. Was the SA a guy named Christopher? Even for me he quoted 3-4 weeks and during booking it came down to 2 weeks. When I asked the reason for this sudden change, he said that they just received a mail from Ford India to quote 2 weeks !
I'm currently in my 2nd to 3rd week and it seems at least a week more if not more that that for the delivery.
No, the sales person was a woman called Bhavya Rani. The way it went down from 6 to 2, I simply knew she was giving me false hopes. There was so obviously no basis in fact, I dropped the topic and believed the 6-week promise!
Old 30th April 2010, 17:42   #791
BHPian

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.2 L Titanium
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 16-April-2010
Color : Diamond White with Ebony Dash
Expected Delivery Date : Promised 2 weeks but opted for 1st June 2010
Dealer & City : Kairali Ford, Cochin
Freebies : 3rd Year warranty free(Promised by Ford CC) + Offers at timeof delivery(promised by sales guy)

Other Bookings:- Ordered alloys HRS H285 from Global Tyres Mamangalam. Will be upgrading to Michelin or Yokos(stock size). Booked for a good registration number.

PS:- Made a fellow collegue to book the same, but ZXI varient! So totally two cars booked already! In the process of pushing another friend to buy!
Old 30th April 2010, 18:44   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats what the offers running now? what was the final cost after discounts etc
Current offers are (which they are not sure if they will end this month):

Insurance + Extended Warranty (24+24 M) Free + std mats,etc..
On road price came to Rs. 589322.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:19   #793
BHPian

Its Firsta time...

Hey guys,

Booked my first car and ended up listening to my heart rather than head. Head said take a Figo but heart was just set on Fiesta since the day i drove it for the first time. Had started off wanting a premium hatch in the sub 6 lac segment. Test drove all the cars in the market less than 8 lacs but didnt like any better than Fiesta. Though all had their share of good pointers like:
Figo - brilliant VFM and loads of space. minus being the petrol engine.
Punto - superb looks and killer interiors but again, petrol engine lacks punch and fuel economy not as good
Beat - good engine and peppy looks inside as well as outside but felt too small to me.
Swift - nice car overall but too many of them on the road
Ritz - Peppy engine but strange looks
Polo - wanted the 1.6 but it doesnt seem like coming anytime soon...

So finally I went to the SC Ford showroom on saturday and booked the Limited edition fiesta in Sea Grey color. Should get the delivery any time end of week or early next week.
Accessories included - Alloy wheels, Leather interiors, Sun Film, basic kit.

Total final on road price inclusive of all accessories - 7.02 lacs
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:36   #794
BHPian

I booked my Polo Trendline yesterday. now this following my month old SX4 Zxi is some blessing.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:57   #795
BHPian

Hi Team,
After a big dissaster with Accent CRDi, I sold it for a very low price.
I had decided to go for Swift, but booked Swift Dzire after family's advice.
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift Dzire
Variant : Vdi
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 28-Mar-2010
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 2-3 Months
Dealer & City : Popular, Chennai
Freebies : Floor matts and mud loops. When asked for freebies, rep laughed at me :-(
Others :
POPULAR had opened a new showroom at Palikarani (Chennai) and they have promised it will not take more than 1.5 months. Any idea on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks