Expected Delivery Date: April 9, 2010
Dealer & City : AR AS, Madurai
Offers: Insurance + Ext warranty + Road side assistance @ 6K
Promised Freebies: Mudflaps, Floor mats
Corp Discount: 12K

Upgrade: Audio
Old 5th April 2010, 11:22   #722
BANNED

After Fiat 1100, Now comes home Fiat Grande Punto!

Car: Fiat Grande Punto MJD
Variant: Emotion
Color: Bossa Nova
Delivery: This week
PDI: Yet to do

Future Plans: Being the Founder of Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore, I plan to start a Punto owners Club just to take on TASS.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:02   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Any Car manufacturer has to pay normal interest rate for the money paid for booking a car and the car has not been delivered on time.
Is there any terms printed overleaf in the booking Invoice given to you by the dealer? (normally all such booking Invoice should contain certain terms & conditions printed out which also includes the interest payment if delivery has been delayed more than 15days from the booking date etc).

Suggest send a letter or email to the dealer with a copy to GM demanding interest rate for all these days? (talking over phone is of no use as it has never recorded).
hello Mr.Nair,
I tried talking to the Sales Manager , it seems they do not have a policy of paying interest , he was ready t cancel the booking immediately when i made an issue . and as you know the dealer operates across kerala starting from kasargode to kollam ,Geeyem Motors and well as german motors are all the same and as there is no competition , need to tolerate their mess up . i have contacted GM and no much difference it is going to make

I guess i made a wrong choice

Regards
Brijesh
Old 5th April 2010, 16:05   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
hello Mr.Nair,
I tried talking to the Sales Manager , it seems they do not have a policy of paying interest , he was ready t cancel the booking immediately when i made an issue . and as you know the dealer operates across kerala starting from kasargode to kollam ,Geeyem Motors and well as german motors are all the same and as there is no competition , need to tolerate their mess up . i have contacted GM and no much difference it is going to make

I guess i made a wrong choice

Regards
Brijesh
+
oh, thats too bad!
Even GM is behaving in similar manner, then what should one do?
You already have problem with the dealer (non cooperation and arrogant replies) at this stage , you will have tough time ahead as you have to go to them only for car services etc??
If I was at your place, I would have cancelled the booking and look for some other car of similar range.

(I had experience -booked maruti car, cancelled it and got full refund including interest from maruti.
Ford order booking form says ''Incase of valid and accepted orders customers are entitled to recieve simple interest @6.5% on booking amount. Interest will be computed from 5 days after the date of reciept acknowledging the booking amount till date the customers are intimated about the availiability of the vehicle by the dealer''. How come GM can keep such a big amount for so many days without paying any interest to its customer?)
Old 5th April 2010, 16:33   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post

Future Plans: Being the Founder of Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore, I plan to start a Punto owners Club just to take on TASS.
congratulations dude on Bossa Nova Punto. Thats a HOT choice. Nice to hear about Punto club. All the best for the Punto club
Old 5th April 2010, 16:54   #726
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Congrats Sujith1100. A new Fiat coming Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
congratulations dude on Bossa Nova Punto. Thats a HOT choice. Nice to hear about Punto club. All the best for the Punto club

One among the lists of a million wishes, was to drive home a FIAT from the show room. My dad made it happen to 95% some 17 years ago when he did a 100% restoration of our 1978 PADMINI.

Latest news from KHT motors, Bangalore: My Punto's delivery will take another 10-15days as the new batch of cars haven't arrived from MH.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:37   #727
BHPian

Quote:
+
oh, thats too bad!
Even GM is behaving in similar manner, then what should one do?
You already have problem with the dealer (non cooperation and arrogant replies) at this stage , you will have tough time ahead as you have to go to them only for car services etc??
If I was at your place, I would have cancelled the booking and look for some other car of similar range.

(I had experience -booked maruti car, cancelled it and got full refund including interest from maruti.
Ford order booking form says ''Incase of valid and accepted orders customers are entitled to recieve simple interest @6.5% on booking amount. Interest will be computed from 5 days after the date of reciept acknowledging the booking amount till date the customers are intimated about the availiability of the vehicle by the dealer''. How come GM can keep such a big amount for so many days without paying any interest to its customer?)
i,am thinking about cancelling , but then there is no other car with all these features and the price. keeping in mind the diesel option, otherwise could have opted for civic at . and skoda, the dealer in kerala is another specimen
Old 6th April 2010, 09:58   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
i,am thinking about cancelling , but then there is no other car with all these features and the price. keeping in mind the diesel option, otherwise could have opted for civic at . and skoda, the dealer in kerala is another specimen
+
I know, it is pain to canel booking of a car which you liked.
However if you decided to cancel the cruze, how about the new Sonata Transform CRDi AT - Check it?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:47   #729
BHPian

Quote:
+
I know, it is pain to canel booking of a car which you liked.
However if you decided to cancel the cruze, how about the new Sonata Transform CRDi AT - Check it?
okay i will check it out, i did not know about this car , will look into it, thanks a lot
Old 7th April 2010, 16:17   #730
BHPian

Quote:

hey sujith, congrats on the booking!! I took delivery of a bossa nova punto 1.3mjd from concorde on the 2nd of april, less than a week ago!!

looking forward to hear more on the punto club!!

EDIT: Congrats Dine on the exotica red!!

Last edited by raamki : 7th April 2010 at 16:19.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:27   #731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
hey sujith, congrats on the booking!! I took delivery of a bossa nova punto 1.3mjd from concorde on the 2nd of april, less than a week ago!!

looking forward to hear more on the punto club!!

EDIT: Congrats Dine on the exotica red!!
Thanks Raamki. Which model did you get ? March 2010 or April 2010 ?
And did you do a PDI for it. PM me the area you stay, shall meet up some day.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:15   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raamki. Which model did you get ? March 2010 or April 2010 ?
And did you do a PDI for it. PM me the area you stay, shall meet up some day.
Got a march manufactured vehicle luckily!! I stay off Bannerghatta Rd. Did a PDI 2 days before the delivery date.
Old 7th April 2010, 22:26   #733
Senior - BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: Indigo Manza quadrajet Aura Abs.
Variant: Manual
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 05-Apr-2010
Color: Dew white(paid 5k extra for this)
Expected Delivery Date: 10-15 days(waiting is between 1-1.5 months however this is through a contact)
Dealer & City : A-One motors, delhi
Promised Freebies: Mudflaps, Floor mats
Others- 10k increase cos of 2% excise and 10k more increased in april for BS4.
Price- 6,96,000(on road delhi which includes extended warranty,insurance,road tax,other charges and does not include registration as it will be registered in haryana).
Old 8th April 2010, 10:20   #734
BHPian

Make: BMW
Model: 320D - Corporate Edition
Variant: Automatic
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 07-April-2010
Color: Black Sapphire
Expected Delivery Date: 17-April-2010
Dealer & City : Navnit Motors, Andheri, Mumbai
Promised Freebies: Velor mats, Protective coating, keychain (still bargaining for a miniature car & the Secure for the 1st year (Infinity is also giving the same deal)
Others- Price increased by INR 50k from 01Apr10. I had blocked at old price by paying a token amount before 31March2010
Price- OTR INR 30.25L (Includes Insurance, Registration, Stampduty/Processing, BMW Secure, BSI Ultimate for 3years/60,000kms)
Upgrades - INR 16k for a chrome plated kidney grill instead of the black grill
Old 8th April 2010, 14:32   #735
BHPian

Hi,Booked my Maruti Ritz Vxi

Seriously trying to follow the format by GTO.

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : Vxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date :7th April 2010
Color :Glistening Grey
Expected Delivery Date :15th April 2010
Dealer & City :Chowgule Industries,Pune
Freebies :
Accessories worth Rs.1500/- + Base coating(Rs.3500/- instead of Rs.6500/-
Others : Exchange Bonus 14000/-+Discount Rs.12000/-
  • I sold my Indica DLG which was 5.5 years old for 1.45 Lacs+ all freebies.(Rs. 34k).
  • Insurance will be done by me and will take benefit of NCB from Indica which will further save 6K
  • Taken loan from ICICI of 3 Lacs(Rs.2079/Lac as a corporate customer)
So,will pay Approx. 3 Lacs now... I find it really nice deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks