Variant : Zxi
Booking Date : 23 Apr
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 7 May
Dealer & City : My CAR Pune
Freebies : 5 K Accessories
Others : Cash discount - 34 K
On Road : 8.25 L

Getting 3 M filming (including Windshield), underbody coat, reverse sensors. Need advise on a good steering cover - Stanley?

Started with a Punto one year back but was not impressed with the way things moved slow with FIAT. Tried the Liinea but the Petrol disappointed thoroughly (Wonder how the MANZA with the same engine is much better to drive). Sniffed at the FIESTA (suspension didnt impress), JAZZ (sluggish at 1st and 2nd gear), CITY (moolah factor). Considered the Scorpio (no airbags for SLE, no money for VLX), Linea diesel (again no aribags for Emotion, no money for E Pk). Just glanced at the Polo (3 months waiting for a new car !! )

Thanks to all the forums to be able to take an informed decision.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:53   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Hi Team,
After a big dissaster with Accent CRDi, I sold it for a very low price.
I had decided to go for Swift, but booked Swift Dzire after family's advice.
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift Dzire
Variant : Vdi
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 28-Mar-2010
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 2-3 Months
Dealer & City : Popular, Chennai
Freebies : Floor matts and mud loops. When asked for freebies, rep laughed at me :-(
Others :
POPULAR had opened a new showroom at Palikarani (Chennai) and they have promised it will not take more than 1.5 months. Any idea on this?
One of friend booked (now delivered) Swift VDi from ABT Maruti (Guindy). When I asked for freebies, the sales mgr said that Swift VDi does not need freebies to sell. Infact, he said it does not even require a sales man, only cashier is enough to register the sale! We looked the other way when we hear this!!
Old 5th May 2010, 16:11   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Make : Chevrolet
Model : Beat
Variant : LT (Top end without optional things.)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : Today 9th April, 2010
Expected Delivery Date : May be this month end Dealer has said 15 day's but I don't expect it to be on his time.
Dealer & City : S.C. Auto Corporation - Thane
Freebies : Rs. 5,000/- cash discount +Foot Mat + Mud Flaps
Insurance Company, Plan & Price : Cholamandalam, Elite plan (which has a depreciation cover, Daily allowance & etc.) I will be paying Rs. 15,553/-
Loan : SBI with 8% first year and 10% for second and third year. Got loan on 85% of on-road cost.
I am going now to take the delivery of my black beauty. @ 5.00 p.m.

I will make the new thread tomorrow and post all the details...
Old 5th May 2010, 16:14   #799
BHPian

5+5 = 10, getting my car today on 05,05,10
Old 7th May 2010, 18:39   #800
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio LX - mHawk

Make : Mahindra and Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Variant : mHawk - LX
Booking Date : 7th May 2010
Color : Rocky Beige
Expected Delivery Date : tomorrow
Dealer & City :AML Motors - Hyderabad
Freebies : 12000 worth accessories (Psuedo leather seat covers, Floor mats and Vkool tints)
Others :Exchange bonus -12000, Extended warranty -9999, 10K discount on Insurance)
Old 7th May 2010, 19:40   #801
BHPian

I booked my Ford Figo Titanium a week back. Every time I ask the dealer, I get the stock reply - delivery after 2 weeks!
2 weeks could probably stretch to 4 or 6!
Old 7th May 2010, 23:31   #802
BHPian

Booked my Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium on 12th April, 2010

I'm Kunal Jain and I've booked my car with the under mentioned details:

Make :
Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.4 TDCi Titanium
Booking Date : 12th April, 2010
Color : Diamond White with Coral IP (red dashboard )
Expected Delivery Date : 12th May, 2010 to 22nd May, 2010
Dealer & City : South City Ford, Noida.
Freebies : free 3rd year warranty (as corporate discount worth Rs. 3490), free mud flaps, mats (called Essential pack worth Rs. 2200)
Others : might get a bargain for accessories, if I buy them in a bunch like fog lamps, alloys, spoiler, wax polish, sun-film etc from the dealer.

Waiting in anticipation to have a figo (means cool in Italian) time with my baby!
Old 10th May 2010, 12:47   #803
BHPian

The greatest dream of my life has finally come true!
I have booked my first car! The BEAT LT in super red!
Old 11th May 2010, 05:09   #804
BHPian

Breaking News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
I'm Kunal Jain and I've booked my car with the under mentioned details:

Make :
Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : 1.4 TDCi Titanium
Booking Date : 12th April, 2010
Color : Diamond White with Coral IP (red dashboard )
Expected Delivery Date : 12th May, 2010 to 22nd May, 2010
Dealer & City : South City Ford, Noida.
Freebies : free 3rd year warranty (as corporate discount worth Rs. 3490), free mud flaps, mats (called Essential pack worth Rs. 2200)
Others : might get a bargain for accessories, if I buy them in a bunch like fog lamps, alloys, spoiler, wax polish, sun-film etc from the dealer.

Waiting in anticipation to have a figo (means cool in Italian) time with my baby!
I got a call from my Sales Assistant today. My car has arrived, so I gave the down payment today. Will get the loan Demand Draft by end of this week.

A few more days and she will be home!
Old 11th May 2010, 12:08   #805
BHPian

My car hunt is over at last. I booked the Skoda Fabia. I know its a big suprise for all here. Despite reading all the reviews I still went ahead with the biggest risk since I found the car worth of it after taking TD. I know many of you here may differ with it. Will soon post a detailed review on my nearly two months of car hunt.

Make : Skoda
Model : Fabia
Variant : 1.2 Classic
Booking Date : 10th May 2010
Expected Delivery Date : 15th May 2010
Dealer & City : Vinayaka Skoda, Bangalore
On road price: Rs 6.13 Lakhs
Old 11th May 2010, 13:21   #806
BHPian

Booked VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI

Hi,

I booked a new Golf here in Germany. I already started my countdown to take the delivery in 2 weeks. Will give more details on the buying experience here soon.

Make : VW
Model : Golf VI (Team)
Variant : 1.4 TSI (122PS)
Booking Date : 22nd March 2010
Color : Candy White
Delivery Date : 24th May 2010 (delivery to be taken from VW Factory at Wolfsburg)
On road price: 20,948 EUROs (roughly Rs.12 Lakhs)
Others: 28.5% Discount through "internet broker"
Old 11th May 2010, 14:17   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Others: 28.5% Discount through "internet broker"
Thats a whopping big discount!
Whats an "internet broker" supposed to do ?
Old 11th May 2010, 14:52   #808
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
My car hunt is over at last. I booked the Skoda Fabia. I know its a big suprise for all here. Despite reading all the reviews I still went ahead with the biggest risk since I found the car worth of it after taking TD. I know many of you here may differ with it. Will soon post a detailed review on my nearly two months of car hunt.

Make : Skoda
Model : Fabia
Variant : 1.2 Classic
Booking Date : 10th May 2010
Expected Delivery Date : 15th May 2010
Dealer & City : Vinayaka Skoda, Bangalore
On road price: Rs 6.13 Lakhs
Hi Kadri,

Congrats on the booking. What about the offer and freebies?
Old 11th May 2010, 14:58   #809
BHPian

Internet broker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Whats an "internet broker" supposed to do ?
Internet brokers (or Internetvermittler) are getting more popular here in Germany. It is just an extension of the broker system. Just that these brokers exist only on internet. You don't need to pay the broker any commission. They get it directly from the car dealer (because they do bulk orders).

Here is how it works:

1. You go to the webpage of the internet broker and configure your car. The configurator will show the listed price of the car and the flat discount the broker will offer. These discounts are normally huge as these brokers don't have expenses in maintaing a showroom, catering to test drives, support etc. The dealer in my city gave me a max discount of 13% (where was I got 28% from the internet broker).

2. You get a confirmation from the broker immediately by email. You need to sign this and email/FAX it to the broker.

3. The broker then forwards this to a normal dealer. If you are lucky you get the contact of a dealer nearby your city (In my case, I wasn't that lucky). But for test drive etc., you could go to any dealer in your city. You would do this for service later too.

4. In a weeks time you get the contract from the dealer by post with a tentative delivery period. The broker is no more in picture. You do everything with the dealer from then.

5. You send the signed contract by email (to speed up things) and also by post back to the dealer.

6. In around 2 weeks time you get the confirmation directly from car manufacturer with full order details and the date from when the delivery could be taken.

7. You could then call up "Autostadt" (This is the VW factory in Wolfsburg) and plan your deliver date. You basically pick up your car from the factory. You and your family get a nights stay in Ritz Hotel and a factory tour free.

8. Two weeks before delivery you get the car documents from the dealer.

9. You take these documents, together with a insurance you purchased, to the registration authority in your city and register your car. You will immediately get your registration documents and your number plates. Remember that you haven't paid broker or the dealer any money until now (and the car is already in your name )

10. You get the bill from the dealer after this and you pay the money online (or through a bank)

11. The dealer will now email you your car pickup certificate. With this and the other documents + number plates you could pickup your car on the planned date from the factory.

12. Once you are at the factory you could hand over the number plates and other things like child seat etc. They would have it fitted to the car when the car is brought down in a elevator to you.

13. You drive back home with your beauty

The time taken for the whole process is not more than the time you would take if you go to any dealer here (in my case it happened to be lesser). This is because the broker is no more in picture from the second day on.

Nirmal
Old 11th May 2010, 18:10   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Hi Kadri,

Congrats on the booking. What about the offer and freebies?
Thanks MCR.

Offer: Rs 50 K discount & Special Interest rates through Kotak Mahindra. I think they have some tie up with them.

Freebies: Sunfilm, Door mats, Mud flaps, Teflon coating and a Small Ganesh idol. Others I will check on delivery.

Most Viewed