Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 14:12   #1471
Senior - BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post

Another issue is the change in price: I was initially told for Alloy (14,250/-) which is changed to 17K now. Got irritated and cancelled the Alloy. Will be going for Alloy later outside.

Hope MPL will not give any other surprise till delivery and i will write in detail about some other experiences with the dealer once i get the car.
14,250 cannot be price of the alloys for obvious reasons, you must have got that quote by mistake, unless you have negotiated so at the deal.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:11   #1472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
However, i got two surprises from MPL. Earlier i was told i can choose any of the tyre from Apollo/MRF/Good year and i opted for Apollo Accellare. Yesterday the sales person said he can not confirm this and Titanium usually comes to Good Year etc etc...

Another issue is the change in price: I was initially told for Alloy (14,250/-) which is changed to 17K now. Got irritated and cancelled the Alloy. Will be going for Alloy later outside.
This is the first time I get to know that we could choose the tyres for the car. Never heard of it before. Isnt Good Year a good one ? I guess its better than appollo accelere.

On the alloy wheel front, Titanium doesn't come with alloy wheels as standard? I dont think you have a reason to be disappointed. Am sure you will find delicious alloy wheels after market for that price. And you being in Delhi, you should get real sweet deals as I heard Delhi is very cheap on alloy wheel prices.
Old 8th June 2011, 19:07   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is the first time I get to know that we could choose the tyres for the car. Never heard of it before. Isnt Good Year a good one ? I guess its better than appollo accelere.
The sales person told, Figo has these options and i opted for appollo accelere and he agreed initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
On the alloy wheel front, Titanium doesn't come with alloy wheels as standard? I dont think you have a reason to be disappointed. Am sure you will find delicious alloy wheels after market for that price. And you being in Delhi, you should get real sweet deals as I heard Delhi is very cheap on alloy wheel prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
14,250 cannot be price of the alloys for obvious reasons, you must have got that quote by mistake, unless you have negotiated so at the deal.
For me it looks like the sales person is not equipped with correct details with respect to the accessories price (especially selling as a package and individual items). There is a package offer of around 23K which includes seat cover, fog lamp and alloy wheels. When i said i need only alloy, he simply reduced the price of other two items and told me the alloy price. He discovered this is incorrect only at the time of final payment(found by their accounts person).

I raised this issue through MPL ford website and also suggested them that a process like proforma Invoice before final payment could help to avoid these type of issue. Got a prompt response from them (both through phone and a mail) with a apology and clarification.

Anyhow, hopefully by next week this time i should get my car if all goes as planned
Old 11th June 2011, 02:58   #1474
BHPian

Re: Booked Trusted ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : E - MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : May 29th, 2011
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : June 6th, 2011
Dealer & City : Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi, New Delhi
Freebies : Usual Mats, Idol etc.
OTR Price: 8,36,000(includes a decent discount)
Freebies: Integrated Stereo, Reverse Sensors, Body Colored Door handles and mirror, One additional Speaker
Insurance : Re 1
Wow. Good price. I'm going to check with the dealer if this offer is still on. This one looks extremely tempting. I was currently exploring only the Elan Manza and Verito Thanks for this. A very useful thread for people wanting to know about current prices
Old 11th June 2011, 22:14   #1475
BANNED

would be glad to know of discounts from someone who booked a Linea MJD in bangalore?
Old 11th June 2011, 22:21   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Wow. Good price. I'm going to check with the dealer if this offer is still on. This one looks extremely tempting. I was currently exploring only the Elan Manza and Verito Thanks for this. A very useful thread for people wanting to know about current prices
It is still available as my relative inquired about the same couple of days back. They are also offering 6.99% interest rate for three year loan. You may get even better deal if you use your bargaining skills. Good luck. You can also try Courtesy Honda in Wazirpur.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th June 2011 at 22:23.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 12:59   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Make : Toyota
Model : Fortuner
Variant : FA 3.0
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 13-06-2011 (see note)
Color : Silver Mica Mettalic
Expected Delivery Date : 3 Months
Dealer & City : Commercial Toyota, Haldwani
Freebies : None
Others : None
OTR Price: 21,22,798/- (20,31,510 Ex Showroom + 2500 Logistics + 50,788 Road Tax / RTO + 38,000 Insurance)

Note 1 : The car was earlier booked at 36 Toyota, Faridabad at an OTR of Rs. 22,25,134/- on 01-06-2011 BUT was today changed to this one at Haldwani due to OTR saving of Rs. 1 lac+. I have received back the booking amount of Rs. 1 Lac that I had given to 36 Toyota on 11-06-2011 and hence the booking today at the Haldwani (Uttaranchal) dealer.

Note 2 : Uttaranchal has the lowest Road Tax in the country as of today AFAIK and substantially brings down the OTR Price. No forged document of any kind are required. Uttaranchal officially allows you to register cars from out of state. The permanent address remains same as of the other state and your original address proof and Photo ID also remains of the other state. Only a Temporary address of a known person from Uttaranchal State and his address proof (Voter ID etc.) is needed, which is entered as your temporary address on the RC Book.

Last edited by dkaile : 13th June 2011 at 13:09.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:04   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
50,788 Road Tax / RTO + 38,000 Insurance

Note 2 : Uttaranchal has the lowest Road Tax in the country
@dkaile,

Congratulations on getting the Fortuner so cheap. How much is the road tax in Uttaranchal in terms of percentage.

Looking forward to you ownership thread with a lot of pics.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:08   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@dkaile,

How much is the road tax in Uttaranchal in terms of percentage.

Looking forward to you ownership thread with a lot of pics.
It is 2.5% of the ex-showroom price. Detailed ownership thread will definitely follow.

Last edited by dkaile : 13th June 2011 at 13:09.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:10   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is 2.5% of the ex-showroom price. Detailed ownership thread will definitely follow.
Lucky you. In Thane its 5% of the invoice cost of the car.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:59   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Lucky you. In Thane its 5% of the invoice cost of the car.
In fact its much higher Click here. Ranges from 7 to 9% for Maharashtra.

Ghodlur - you must be referring to Octroi which is 5% for Thane.

Last edited by aghosht : 13th June 2011 at 17:00. Reason: Additions
aghosht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 17:20   #1482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
In fact its much higher Click here. Ranges from 7 to 9% for Maharashtra.

Ghodlur - you must be referring to Octroi which is 5% for Thane.
Yes, you are right. My mistake. The octroi is actually 5% and the registration is 7% of the ex showroom.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:39   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
congrats for the beast buddy .

looks like road tax is very less in hill states . i got mine punto registered on 3 % in himachal but rules are strict here . one cannot register from outside state and if you have bought the car from outside state and getting registered in HP, a additional 5 % entry tax is also imposed . i got away with 5 % as i have bought the car from canteen and rule exempt the canteen buy from this 5 % .

congrats once again.
Old 16th June 2011, 16:01   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
congrats for the beast buddy .
looks like road tax is very less in hill states . i got mine punto registered on 3 % in himachal but rules are strict here . one cannot register from outside state and if you have bought the car from outside state and getting registered in HP, a additional 5 % entry tax is also imposed . i got away with 5 % as i have bought the car from canteen and rule exempt the canteen buy from this 5 % .
Cant say about Himachal, but in Uttaranchal, the rules are officially flexible and there is no entry tax. I booked the car in that state, so I will not pay anything extra. However even if you purchase your car out of state, say in Haryana, and then go to Uttaranchal for Registration (after getting temporary registration of that state, of course) then after a moratorium of 15 days (which they officially wait, for confirming from Haryana RTO), they register your car on producing NSC of 5000/- as security, whether they receive confirmation from out of state RTO or not. Even the NSC rule is waived after paying them 1-2k to the agent. So in the end the saving comes out as huge, and also in their records your permanent address remains as it is (in my case, my Meerut, UP, address)

More than 25% of high value cars from UP are being registered in Uttaranchal just because of these savings.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 20:21   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Cant say about Himachal, but in Uttaranchal, the rules are officially flexible and there is no entry tax. I booked the car in that state, so I will not pay anything extra. However even if you purchase your car out of state, say in Haryana, and then go to Uttaranchal for Registration (after getting temporary registration of that state, of course) then after a moratorium of 15 days (which they officially wait, for confirming from Haryana RTO), they register your car on producing NSC of 5000/- as security, whether they receive confirmation from out of state RTO or not. Even the NSC rule is waived after paying them 1-2k to the agent. So in the end the saving comes out as huge, and also in their records your permanent address remains as it is (in my case, my Meerut, UP, address)

More than 25% of high value cars from UP are being registered in Uttaranchal just because of these savings.
But will this not become a problem in future since you will be using the car almost permanently in UP. I mean the cops and RTO here in Bangalore are always on the look out of such out state numbers so as to harass them to fork out bribe, accusing them of evading the road tax of karnataka whereas using the car only in Karnataka but not paying the road tax of Karnataka. Even as per rules I believe it is mandatory to pay road tax of the state where you have been transferred or decide to use the car (excluding short stays or for holidays). I was told that the earlier state where you have paid the road tax, the RTO has to refund the amount proportionately after you show them the road tax paid receipt of the new state where you have shifted and paid the road tax (even there you will have to pay proportionately depending on the age of the car).

Most Viewed