Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 13:52   #2131
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

hey abhishek - congrats on your new car. As far as I remember, the price applicable will be as on the date of delivery and hence if there is a price hike, you may have to bear the increase though if the dealer has provided you with price hike protection then you are safe.

Kindly confirm with the dealer at the earliest.
Old 28th September 2012, 15:27   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Make : Hyundai
Model : Santro
Variant : GL Plus
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 28/09/2012
Color : Coral White
Expected Delivery Date : about 2 weeks from now.
Freebies: Depends on offers prevailing at delivery time,could be free insurance and accessories worth 9k.
Others : Going in for an exchange with our 7yr old Santro,getting 1.4L for that and for exchange bonus and doctor's discount,add another 20k.Also to note is expected price hike from 1st October.
Old 28th September 2012, 16:16   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower
Well its been pretty ordinary nothing special. Would like to ask members here a question. Now that i have booked the car and Honda is all set for a price increase end of this month, i should not be applicable for the price increase right? since im ready with the cash but its Honda who is delaying it. I had a word with the sales guy but he wasn't sure about it and said he wpuld get back to me.
Unfortunately, you will have to pay the higher price. You will be taking the delivery of your wheels after the price hike so that's why you have to pay that!
Old 28th September 2012, 21:36   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Well its been pretty ordinary nothing special. Would like to ask members here a question. Now that i have booked the car and Honda is all set for a price increase end of this month, i should not be applicable for the price increase right? since im ready with the cash but its Honda who is delaying it. I had a word with the sales guy but he wasn't sure about it and said he wpuld get back to me.
I guess what others have suggested is technically right. However, as I read in another thread, Never Say Never. Push your sales guy to provide you with price rise protection try and get it in writing or promised freebies. Try to fool him my saying you have ready delivery from another dealer. They might know stocks of dealers within the city, try to tell them you have ready delivery from Mumbai/Pune (whichever the city the original dealer is not from). Tell him things like the car will go over your budget and you will have to take loan etc. Spend some time eating his head until you give it your best shot. BUT, at the same time be prepared to pay the higher price.
Old 30th September 2012, 17:47   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
I guess what others have suggested is technically right. However, as I read in another thread, Never Say Never. Push your sales guy to provide you with price rise protection try and get it in writing or promised freebies. Try to fool him my saying you have ready delivery from another dealer. They might know stocks of dealers within the city, try to tell them you have ready delivery from Mumbai/Pune (whichever the city the original dealer is not from). Tell him things like the car will go over your budget and you will have to take loan etc. Spend some time eating his head until you give it your best shot. BUT, at the same time be prepared to pay the higher price.
hey Madhok, i already tried that, but the problem is 'none' of the dealers have the Jazz in stock and they know that. And the other thing is that the cars will come in stock post october anyways hence the new price will apply. Anyways i thought 7.80 lakh was very expensive for the Jazz and paying anything over that price would be stupid. So here is what we have now.

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : S MT
Booking Date : 29th September
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : Car is in ready stock,but i am going in for a Dussera delivery
Dealer & City : Linkway Honda, Mumbai
Freebies : Insurance, Mats etc and a Discount on fog lights (paying 6k instead of 22k which they quote is the original price)

Also i get it without the price hike.
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 12:11   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer & City : Linkway Honda, Mumbai
congratulations.
How was the dealership experience and which area of Mumbai? I know of a Linkway Honda in Chandivili.
Old 1st October 2012, 13:34   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
congratulations.
How was the dealership experience and which area of Mumbai? I know of a Linkway Honda in Chandivili.
Linkway Honda Malad (w). Experience like mentioned was pretty average, nothing out of the box.
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 11:04   #2138

Booked Honda Brio

Model : Brio
Booking Date : 30th September
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : Car is in stock, have asked for delivery on 16th October
Dealer & City : Linkway Honda, Malad(W), Mumbai

Freebies :
1. Car Mats
2. Anti Rust Treatment
3. Teflon Coating, Wax Polish
4. Door Edge Guard
5. Rs 5000 service discount coupons
6. Car Perfume
7. Mirror Lock
8. Mud Guard
9.Lumar flims (Price is 6K around - offered 50% discount)

Discount:
1. Insurance free (worth around 15K)
2. 5K discount
Old 4th October 2012, 13:11   #2139
BHPian

Re: Booked Honda Brio

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post

Freebies :

Congrats on your booking. AFAIK Brio has two free services 1000 km or 1 month and second one 6 months or 10k. Even beyond that the service cost would be lower.

Suggest you ask them to give you extended warranty instead.
Old 4th October 2012, 14:12   #2140
BHPian

I should have updated this thread much earlier.

Capital Honda (Chennai) offered to invoice me before end of the month (September) so that I can avoid the price hike. Now it could have been just a way to achieve their half yearly target. But end of day, it was win-win. I paid the money on Sep 28th, got my loan sanctioned the same day and the money was transferred to the dealer that day itself.

I just have to pay them 30k more which I plan to pay before registration.
Old 4th October 2012, 14:13   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Freebies :
Congratulations on your new possession !! What was on the road pricing for the vehicle ??

Also i see you are installing Llumar films for your new car, is the film tinted ?? Also i understand that the car window should be free of anything sticking onto it, is the dealer giving you some sort of certificate for this one or something ??

If so, i too would rush to get the same onto my cars !!

Last edited by Prodigyy : 4th October 2012 at 14:14.
Old 4th October 2012, 16:25   #2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats on your booking. AFAIK Brio has two free services 1000 km or 1 month and second one 6 months or 10k. Even beyond that the service cost would be lower.

Suggest you ask them to give you extended warranty instead.
Thanks Arup. I have haggled a lot with the sales guy at Linkway and am sure they will not agree to an extended warranty. He showed me the service discount coupons and they will apply at specific service intervals for peripheral services like PUC and teflon coating etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Congratulations on your new possession !! What was on the road pricing for the vehicle ??

Also i see you are installing Llumar films for your new car, is the film tinted ?? Also i understand that the car window should be free of anything sticking onto it, is the dealer giving you some sort of certificate for this one or something ??

If so, i too would rush to get the same onto my cars !!
On Road Price after discount is 5.15 lacs.

In Mumbai, I did not see cops objecting to sun flims so it is not a problem over here. The dealer will not issue any certificate I believe.
Old 4th October 2012, 17:32   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Booking Date : 30th September
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : Car is in stock, have asked for delivery on 16th October

Freebies :
1. Car Mats
2. Anti Rust Treatment
3. Teflon Coating, Wax Polish
4. Door Edge Guard
6. Car Perfume
7. Mirror Lock
8. Mud Guard

Discount:
1. Insurance free (worth around 15K)
2. 5K discount

Hey iCAR i have booked my car from the same showroom and am possibly aiming at a 16th Oct delivery too. Hope to see you there then
Old 4th October 2012, 17:53   #2144

Quote:
Hey iCAR i have booked my car from the same showroom and am possibly aiming at a 16th Oct delivery too. Hope to see you there then
Great to know that balenopower. Have you booked Brio too or some other Honda? If Brio, which color and did you get a better deal?

Hope to meet you on 16th
Old 4th October 2012, 19:06   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arup. I have haggled a lot with the sales guy at Linkway and am sure they will not agree to an extended warranty. He showed me the service discount coupons and they will apply at specific service intervals for peripheral services like PUC and teflon coating etc.
Trust me they can easily offer extended warranty. Believe me with Honda all you'd need to pay is engine oil and other consumables (not required unless it is specific). Double check if service discount coupons will cover those.

PUC -since when did PUC certificate get issued by dealers?

Teflon - Its hog wash. Go to 3M center

Most Viewed