Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Model : Elite i20
Variant : Sportz
Booking Date : 07 July 2017
Expected Delivery Date : 01 August 2017
Dealer & City : Mohan Motors Salt Lake, Kolkata
The SA, who promised delivery by month end, is saying that our car has not been dispatched yet, and chances are, it won't be in this month's (i.e August) allotment. This dealer does not have any ready stock of the Sportz variant. So my father decided to cancel the booking and get it from another dealer who has White/Blue i20's in stock.

Now the dealer is saying they have a white 2017 Asta(O) readily available if we like. His offer price is around 20k off the OTR price, which still means a 1.2L jump over the Sportz.

What do you guys think ? Advisable ? As it is, even if we cancel this booking, we wont be getting a ready Red model in any other dealer, so the color is out of contention.

Last edited by ts1506 : 25th July 2017 at 15:24.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:29   #3722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What do you guys think ? Advisable ? As it is, even if we cancel this booking, we wont be getting a ready Red model in any other dealer, so the color is out of contention.
Hey ts1506, though I know that the 1.2 L more is quite a steep price, I think you must really go ahead with the Asta(O).

I have learnt one thing from all my car/bike purchases:

Even if you have to wait a bit longer or spend a bit more, Always go for the Top Specced model

You will never regret your decision for sure
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:39   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
I was checking on carwale's OTR estimator, and the ex-showroom price is 6.43L in Chennai and 6.45L in Kolkata.

The Road tax however, is 39k in Kolkata and 66k in Chennai
In Kolkata people can either opt to pay 5 years of road tax or pay complete lifetime tax (15 years) at the time of purchase. If paid for 5 years they again need to again visit the RTO and pay the remaining tax after the RTO conducts an inspection of the vehicle to check its condition (I am not 100% sure on the inspection part, someone from Kolkata can give more information on this).
The difference you observe in the pricing is because it includes only 5 years of road tax, not for the lifetime.

Last edited by .sourov : 25th July 2017 at 15:40. Reason: spelling
.sourov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:44   #3724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
In Kolkata people can either opt to pay 5 years of road tax or pay complete lifetime tax (15 years) at the time of purchase. If paid for 5 years they again need to again visit the RTO and pay the remaining tax after the RTO conducts an inspection of the vehicle to check its condition (I am not 100% sure on the inspection part, someone from Kolkata can give more information on this).
The difference you observe in the pricing is because it includes only 5 years of road tax, not for the lifetime.
Didn't realize that many states outright lack the option of One Time Tax. Considering Lifetime Tax, the prices are slightly higher in Kolkata.

About inspection, I don't think they do that in Kolkata, my aunt paid the road tax 2 years ago for her 7 year old Spark, and she just had to make the payment and get the new tax receipt.

They really should make it optional to the buyer regarding the tax payment durations. Remember the earlier annual tax system, something on that angle.
For many people who sell their cars before 5 years, its kinda prudent to pay 15 year road tax, as the resale value doesn't really increase that much either.
Old 25th July 2017, 23:14   #3725
BHPian

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-red-05.jpg

Make : Tata
Model : Nexon
Variant : 1.5L XZ+ (hopefully)
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 25/07/2017
Color : Didn't opt for yet, but looking at the current two colors. Red (Rex, yeah I named it already if it is Red ) might make it home. But will check other colors too.
Accessories Planned: Seat Covers & Steering Cover (if needed) and I think I'm sorted for sometime.
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000/-
Dealership : Venkata Ramana Motors, Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Other Details :
- First booking of the Nexon in my dealership. (atleast that's what I was told)
- Might even book at another showroom (Concorde) too as backup option, will go with whichever showroom gives me best experience.

Other Cars considered:
- Long List (started with Mobilio in 2014 and gone through multiple cars, will try to detail if I get to a ownership review).
- I currently have brochures of S-Cross, WR-V, Creta, i20 Active, Brezza, Ecosport. Will do a final comparison again if time permits, but mind & heart are already set on Nexon. And hoping Tata don't go bonkers on the pricing.

Now the long wait begins!
mrbaddy is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 19:45   #3726
BHPian

Make : Skoda
Model : Octavia
Variant : 1.8 Style Plus AT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 15-JUL-2017
Color : Race Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 29-JUL-2017
Dealer & City : Tafe Access, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Freebies : None

Sales guy mentioned that he has a limited number of Red and Blue cars available in select trims even though those are not officially available.
Hells_Fury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 00:26   #3727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Make : Skoda
Model : Octavia
Variant : 1.8 Style Plus AT
Booking Date : 15-JUL-2017
Color : Race Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 29-JUL-2017
Dealer & City : Tafe Access, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Freebies : None

Sales guy mentioned that he has a limited number of Red and Blue cars available in select trims even though those are not officially available.
Congratulations, please share the onroad price paid.
Any substantial benefits post GST
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 10:12   #3728
BANNED

Make/Model : Tata/Hexa
Variant : XE
Color: Pearl White
Booking Date : 27-07-2017
Expected Delivery Date : Working on finances.
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Akshardham, Delhi
Freebies : Would checkout at the time of Delivery
On-road Price: 12.51 Lakhs (Without Insurance, Including EW)
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:47   #3729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Congratulations, please share the onroad price paid.
Any substantial benefits post GST
On-road price was Rs. 26.66 lakhs. I do not know the pre-GST price so cannot compare.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 16:02   #3730
BHPian

Variant : 1.5L XZ+
Booking Date : 11/08/2017
Color : Don't know yet. My Zest is red, so would like a different color.
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000/-
Dealership : Venkata Ramana Motors, Gachibowli, Hyderabad

Other Cars considered:
- Vitara Brezza (dropped because I am bored with the 1.3 MJD after the Vista, Manza and now Zest).
- Jeep Compass (I know it is in a different class, but with the long waiting period, the price is sure to go up by a couple of lakhs at least due to GST cess increase. I dont find it value for money at that price).
- Hexa (found it too big for a small city family use).
- Creta (not value for money).
- Eco sport (very nice but I found Nexon more attractive).
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 17:21   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Variant : 1.5L XZ+
You are a Zest AMT owner aren't you? Curious why you want to shift from an AMT to manual?

Did you get any tentative timelines on the Nexon other than what's already available in public forums?

Another question, what sort of deals are you getting for the Ecosport?
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 18:00   #3732
BHPian

Make/Model : Mahindra XUV 500
Variant : W6 AT
Color: opulent purple
Booking Date : 9-08-2017
Expected Delivery Date : around Last week of August
Dealer & City : Muktar motors, Verna- Goa
Freebies : 33,000 cash discount**
Accessories: Reverse camera, fog lights+ chrome surround and illuminated Scuff plates.
On-road Price: around 16.5 lakhs**

The Mahindra dealership in Goa is owned by a single group.
At the time of booking we were promised a 25k cash discount and 8k corporate discount ( cheque rebate). However they we're calculating the road tax by adding the refundable TCS charge along with the ex showroom. So final ex-showroom cost= official ex showroom+ 1% TCS
We tried informing them that TCS shouldn't be added while calculating the road tax but they would say it's company policy and that their invoice to RTO includes the TCS charge to ex-showroom.

Having no desire to cause any bad blood for a small amount we decided to let it go. Now a day after we book the car we get a call from the dealer saying that they made a mistake in the discount. They would only provide 25,000 cash discount if I take their insurance of 31k ( reasonable market price) and extended warranty of Two years.

So we logged a complaint with Mahindra customer care and informed the dealer. After a slight discussion they offered to try and honor the original discount by getting approval from Mahindra( dealer blabber) and would revert to us by tomorrow.
I am still waiting for a call from Mahindra but Hopefully It would be resolved soon hence I don't have a final on road price.

Sorry for the long post!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 11th August 2017 at 18:04.
rambo1o1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 18:09   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You are a Zest AMT owner aren't you? Curious why you want to shift from an AMT to manual?

Did you get any tentative timelines on the Nexon other than what's already available in public forums?

Another question, what sort of deals are you getting for the Ecosport?
I bought the Zest AMT because I and my daughter, both can use it. Now she plans to shift to another city, so she wont be using it. Meanwhile the lease on my Zest is also about to expire. I found it quite comfortable, but its obviously not as good as a slush box. So I prefer the manual over an AMT, especially since most of my commute will be on ORR where there is not much traffic. The Nexon is fitting the bill perfectly.

They said the test drive cars will be available in the last week of August and deliveries will start in second week of September, but I am taking it with a pinch of salt. I came to know through other sources that the training for technicians from Venkataramana Motors did not take place yet. So I expect the delivery only in October.

I did not take the quotations for the Ecosport because a face lift is just round the corner. I shall take a test drive when the face lift comes and if I find it better than Nexon, I might change my booking.

Right now I fell for the looks of the Nexon Hook, line and sinker.
Enobarbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 18:22   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Make/Model : Mahindra XUV 500
Variant : W6 AT
Color: opulent purple
Booking Date : 9-08-2017
Expected Delivery Date : around Last week of August
Dealer & City : Muktar motors, Verna- Goa
Freebies : 33,000 cash discount**
Accessories: Reverse camera, fog lights+ chrome surround and illuminated Scuff plates.
On-road Price: around 16.5 lakhs**
Congrats on the booking.
I had enquired with the local dealership & they are offering the following on the XUV 500 across models.
1. 22,000 cash discount
2. 10,000 corporate discount
3. 15,000 exchange bonus

All this without any negotiation or promise to buy, so check if you can get a better deal at your end. It helps if you have multiple dealers.
goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 21:37   #3735
BHPian

Make : Fiat
Model : Abarth Punto
Variant : -
Booking Date : 03-08-2017
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 15-09-2017
Dealer & City : Hanuman Cars, Mangaluru
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks