Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 20:46   #4606

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hello Folks,

After a lot of sleepless nights comparing Nexon and Ecosport, I finally decided to book Ecosport:

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Titanium
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 10/02/2021
Color : Smoke Grey
Expected Delivery Date : End of March
Dealer & City : Ganges Ford, Kolkata
Freebies : Essential pack
On road price- 10,78,596 OTR (1 year B2B and 3rd Party 3 years, 4th and 5th year extended warranty and 3k corporate discount)

I have been asking my SA for booking mail and ID but nothing has been provided from his end except for booking receipt and customer copy of order booking form. Just wanted to check from other learned members if this is alright or is the dealership trying to fleece me as I have not been provided any delivery date in writing. Also, I will be grateful if anyone could share their experience with this dealer. Thanks.
Centodieci is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 21:13   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centodieci View Post
Hello Folks,
I have been asking my SA for booking mail and ID but nothing has been provided from his end except for booking receipt and customer copy of order booking form. Just wanted to check from other learned members if this is alright or is the dealership trying to fleece me as I have not been provided any delivery date in writing. Also, I will be grateful if anyone could share their experience with this dealer. Thanks.
Customer copy of the order form is fine as far as i know. I think a few fellow members did say that the Ecosport was being made to order these days so it makes sense that they won't be able to provide you a delivery date in writing.

Congrats on the new car!
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 22:04   #4608
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Make: BMW
Model: 330i sport
Color: Sunset Orange
Dealer: Deutsche motoren whitefield
Date of Booking: 15th Feb, 2021
Expected Date of Delivery: in two weeks

cheers
Phani
phani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 22:15   #4609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
Hi Folks,

cheers
Phani
Congrats Phani!
Please post detailed pictures of the car. I don't think I've seen a sunset orange 330i anywhere on the forum.

Have a blast!
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 00:19   #4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
Hi Folks,

cheers
Phani
Congratulations on your new ride ! Could you elaborate a bit on how much you were able to knock off from the ex-showroom? Thanks
yoakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 03:43   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centodieci View Post

Hi Centodieci,

Congratulations on the Ecosport ! Seems like the number of new Ecosport bookings is increasing quickly since the last few pages.

When I booked my car I got a thick Ford booklet that is basically meant for booking. It had everything detailed right from booking made to promised delivery date and also including information to be entered in RC, Accessories chosen, the schedule during the delivery day and even the color of ribbon I want on the car during delivery and the number of people that will accompany me for delivery. This booklet I mentioned has a Number stamped on each page that is essentially my booking ID/number.

I am surprised you got just a customer copy of the form. In my case the dealer tore out the carbon copies meant for their internal use and gave me the entire booklet. Kindly check with your dealer.

Last edited by Shanksta : 18th February 2021 at 03:44.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 16:21   #4612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoakki View Post
Congratulations on your new ride ! Could you elaborate a bit on how much you were able to knock off from the ex-showroom? Thanks
Hey Thanks,
It is 2020 model and very last stocks. I did manage around 5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Congrats Phani!
Please post detailed pictures of the car. I don't think I've seen a sunset orange 330i anywhere on the forum.

Have a blast!
Thanks Turbohead, Sure will do . I took big gamble on the color Let us see how this will turn out.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th February 2021 at 00:07. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
phani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 10:59   #4613
BANNED

BTW, The dealers don't provide single paise freebie or discount. I somehow feel that for ₹18L I deserve Bose Speakers & Wireless Charger(Can you believe On Road ₹14.5 lakh Sonet has these). The dealer experience is neutral so far since I am the one going after him....I can't blame his lackluster behaviour!!

Make : Kia
Model : Seltos
Variant : IVT HTX
Booking Date : 05/02/2021
Color : Gravity Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Mid of May
Dealer & City : VST Motors Chennai
Freebies : ZERO
On road price- 17,72,358 OTR (1 year B2B and 3rd Party 3 years, 4th and 5th year extended warranty)
Ramchi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 13:26   #4614
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchi View Post
I can't blame his lackluster behaviour!!

Make : Kia
Model : Seltos
Variant : IVT HTX
Booking Date : 05/02/2021
Color : Gravity Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Mid of May
Dealer & City : VST Motors Chennai
Freebies : ZERO
On road price- 17,72,358 OTR (1 year B2B and 3rd Party 3 years, 4th and 5th year extended warranty)
17,72,358/- and lack lustre behaviour? The money is huge for a car in India. When I entered Kia showroom for seeing their standing models (not even a TD) I felt them to be lackadaisical about my purchase. We didn't like that kind of attitude and their product. The adjacent Honda showroom was super good and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with them and test driving a Honda city. Remembering how we were treated well while buying a punto and years later an Abarth when there were only Jeeps adorning the showroom space.

Last edited by KPR : 20th February 2021 at 13:27.
Old 20th February 2021, 13:57   #4615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
17,72,358/- and lack lustre behaviour? The money is huge for a car in India. When I entered Kia showroom for seeing their standing models (not even a TD) I felt them to be lackadaisical about my purchase. We didn't like that kind of attitude and their product. The adjacent Honda showroom was super good and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with them and test driving a Honda city. Remembering how we were treated well while buying a punto and years later an Abarth when there were only Jeeps adorning the showroom space.
I also visited the nice Honda showroom greeted with a nice filter coffee, test drove WRV. It was a fantastic experience compared to the adjacent Kia showroom. The sales person was not at all under pressure to sell cars (Hyundai CRETA Dealers were very kind, very persuasive, kind etc but CRETA automatic priced itself out of my reach as I stretched my budget from ₹ 7-9 lakhs to ₹ 17-18 lakhs. State Tax itself ₹ 2 Lakhs in TN for u have bad roads in Chennai). But once you approach the sales person they behave nicely. But definitely they don't follow up once you made your booking. The only reason I put up with this is they are located very very close to my residence (2-3 KMs).

More over I was assured that the service will be done by different agency and they will do pick-up & drop service. Hence I didn't mind their not so friendly behavior......though they were never rude. If you expect any deals forget Kia. Hyundai CRETA they offered some minor concession but not big, but the dealer told me to remodel CRETA base Variant to match top with extra fittings considerably lower cost (totally around ₹ 13 lakhs- ₹ 14 lakhs on road. But it was manual. I actually wanted manual but my wife & son wanted to drive and they are uncomfortable with gear shifting.
Ramchi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 18:30   #4616
BHPian

Make : Tata
Model : Nexon EV
Variant : XZ+
Fuel : Electricity
Booking Date : 19/02/21
Color : Any (white preferred)
Dealer: Durga Motors, Goa
Expected Delivery Date : 6-9 weeks
Freebies : Basic Accessories kit
Accessories Planned: Internal TPMS
Price : 16.36/- lakhs
Booking Amount : Rs 50,000/- (online shows 21k but dealer asked for 50k)

2 Months after my Kia Seltos IVT delivery and having already clocked over 12,000kms, decided to switch over to an EV!
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 07:58   #4617
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
2 Months after my Kia Seltos IVT delivery and having already clocked over 12,000kms, decided to switch over to an EV!
Are you switching to EV by selling off the 2 month old car?! or buying the EV while keeping the old one too?

Will the EV be adequate for your daily running?

Last edited by wheelguy : 21st February 2021 at 07:59.
Old 21st February 2021, 08:22   #4618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Are you switching to EV by selling off the 2 month old car?! or buying the EV while keeping the old one too?

Will the EV be adequate for your daily running?
My daily commute to work 6 days a week is about 170-180km return, mostly highway - with 70-80km one way and the return at the end of the day being a little longer depending on traffic and route I take to avoid said traffic. This doesn't include any general errands/visits locally when home.

The plan is to have 2 x chargers and use the EV for the commute and re-charge at work and have a charger in the boot in case of an emergency.

The Seltos will remain as a back up vehicle for now since its literally brand new.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:43   #4619
AMT
BHPian

Model : Endeavour
Variant : Titanium+ 4x4
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 20 February 2021
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 22 March 2021
Dealer & City : Tanish Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies : None
Others : Opted for extended warranty for 6 years (3+3)

Deciding on this took a while, having compared extensively with the Fortuner. Multiple TD's (both Toyota and Ford cooperating well), finally decided on this one. Opted to get insurance from outside hence, no discount.
AMT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:44   #4620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
Model : Endeavour
Variant : Titanium+ 4x4
Could you share the onroad price pls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com