Royal Enfield Super Meteor mileage on 400km ride & 8 other observations

I feel that the fuel efficiency that the motorcycle returned on the road trip is not bad at all.

BHPian TorqueyTechie recently shared this with other enthusiasts.

So I went on a long ride (~400 kms) this past Sunday and had a few observations.

  1. Bike feels at home on highways and can easily cruise at speeds between 80-100 all day long with adequate power left for those quick overtakes.
  2. While the stock mirrors are adequate, I still prefer the wide rectangle-shaped ones as I feel it gives me a wider view. Also, there is a play in the left mirror post 70-80 kmph. Need to get it checked in the first service.
  3. Need to definitely have a windshield added else the ride becomes tiring due to the wind.
  4. Almost at the end of the ride I was stuck in a jam and had to crawl for a few kms. While managing the bike at slow speeds is not difficult, there was a lot of heat being dissipated which made it a bit difficult for both me and my wife (pillion).
  5. Gear shifts are a little notchy and not very smooth. Hopefully should change post-first service.
  6. While I was not tired at the end of the ride, my wife was a not-so-happy pillion. Definitely need to upgrade the seat.
  7. Around 90% of the roads that we went on were good, the bike handled the rest 10% of the roads pretty well. Not too harsh ride.
  8. Bike underbelly hit on a couple of tall speed breakers even at slow speeds. I need to adjust my riding style to ensure that this does not happen.

Fuel efficiency

I had topped up the tank before the start of the ride and had to refuel around 25kms before home. Fuel efficiency was around 26.5 kmpl which I feel is not bad. In the city, I got around 22.5 but it's still early days.

Overall we both enjoyed the ride so much that my wife is already planning for the next one.

Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.

Power to the people