Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 11:35   #751
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Finally after more than 100 days of waiting, I received the pillion back rest fixed on my bike and the wait for touring seat continues.

The support from RE and the dealer is pathetic. I really wish we have more better and cost effective options from other two-wheeler companies. I already have three RE's in my garage (a CI bullet, a thunderbird 500 and super meteor 650). Was looking at adding one more to encourage my wife to ride. But after Super Meteor buying experience, will think thrice to recommend or buy an RE again.
cannon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 13:28   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayaglele View Post
Oh of course, the pillion seat is definitely not usable post maybe 1-2 km but the touring seat is going to be offered, the problem I believe is stock. In any case, hope you get it soon!
I think in the RE app they also sell pillion seat cushion for zero price. Did you opt for it. Not sure how much helpful that cushion is..
Old 6th June 2023, 20:32   #753
BHPian

Interesting day today, I rode the Super Meteor 650 to office today and was caught up horrible traffic. We could have cooked masala dosa on my thighs :-), such was the heat from the engine after traversing atleast 4 KMS on first/second gear and the hot/humid weather today. With heat bothering me, few kms away from office a strange noise starting coming from the bike, I was not sure if it was from my bike. Once I entered my tech park it was clear that the noise if from my bike only. Anyways was in no position to resolve it. Reached out to my trusted RE mechanic and he recommended to contact RE RSA.

My earlier experience with RE RSA was good when the clutch cable of my thunderbird had given-up about 4 years back. So went ahead and contacted the RSA. The entire episode was not a great one because of following reasons.

1. Had to share the location multiple times to multiple people.
2. Contacted the RSA at 10:15 and was assured a call back in 5 mins, the call back never came and I had follow-up with multiple individuals (Supriya/Priyanka/Sneha from RE Customer care + 3 people from RE appointed vendor) to ensure some one comes to resolve the issue with the bike.
3. Having reservations that RE RSA will be able to help me, reached out to a friend at 1:30 PM, went down to the parking lot to inspect and fix the issue by ourselves
4. The culprit was smashed plastic bottle struck below the engine guard, we had a good time laughing and wow I receive a call from an RE sent mechanic seeking directions to entry the park and location of the bike. Provided him the required directions
5. I was surprised, based on my earlier experience and repeatedly mentioning to RE RSA that bike is Super Meteor 650 and please send the person familiar with bike. The person was not even able to identify the bike, had no tools with him. He had arrived with a battery in an activa and that's it. God help us if our bikes break out and this is how RE RSA helps us.
cannon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 21:26   #754
Senior - BHPian

Got the first service completed today. The service indicator started blinking once the bike crossed 450kms and I finally gave it for service today with odo at 487kms. Booked via the app and I went to service center. Check in was simple and was asked any complaints. I was facing issue with the high beam switch being very sensitive and switching on even if one touches it. Apart from that there was no other complaints.

Being SM650, 2 SA's joined in during the check in and explained what all is done. They tried to push for a ceramic coating but I politely turned them down now. They did mention about ppf (from 3M with 2 year warranty) as well for 7 touchpoints and quoted me ~4k for it. Is it a fair price? I mentioned I will think and get back to them on that.

Service was completed and got a message to collect it around 4 pm. Was asked to take a test ride before payment. Bike was not cleaned up properly and had to point it out. They mentioned since its waterless wash, some areas might get missed and they corrected it later. Oil was changed along with oil filter and total cost came up to 2800 rs. High beam switch has been informed company and once approved it will be replaced. They gave a tentative date as Monday. Until then the service card is not closed. They did mention bill will be sent to email which has not been shared yet which I will check tomorrow. Overall would rate 4/5 for the service center.

Coming to the bike, it feels a little free and the engine doesn't feel coarse. Maybe it is a placebo effect but I will confirm post a long ride this weekend if possible.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:05   #755
BHPian

I got the touring seat + backrest installed on my Astral Black SM650 a few weeks after I took delivery.
I just randomly texted the sales executive one day and he said its in stock. I got it fitted the next day morning itself.
This seat has plenty of space for the pillion to sit safely and comfortably.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-touringseat.jpg  

manojas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 10:59   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I got the touring seat + backrest installed on my Astral Black SM650 a few weeks after I took delivery.
I just randomly texted the sales executive one day and he said its in stock. I got it fitted the next day morning itself.
Lucky one, can you share the dealership details, I will reach out to them as my dealer (Accelerate Motors RR Nagar) is helpless or useless (I do not what, as they made me wait for more than 100 days to pillion back rest and am still waiting for touring seat).

Regards,

Cannon
Old 13th June 2023, 11:54   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Same pinch. I also last week changed my seats to same touring setup with back rest, costed 11500/- at RVS MOTORS JAIPUR. Now Wifey is happy seating pillion, earlier she flat out refused to be pillion. 😀

Also installed Maddog Alpha auxiliary lights on OEM leg guard, now night rides are bright & shiny.

Now have a saddle bag stay in order from Bandidos Pitstop and post that she will be fully touring ready - solo or dual as required.
Old 14th June 2023, 01:07   #758
BHPian

I have booked the SM650 Astel variant via a dealer with no customization in the month of May. The expected delivery on the app is showing at the end of November. Have the waiting periods increased to 6+ months and Is it the same for everyone who recently booked the bike?

Previously I think it used to be around 3 months. Also in the northern part of India most of the dealers have bikes for only display purposes, have tried a few and none of them are ready to provide test rides even after requesting a ride from the official RE app.
Old 14th June 2023, 10:13   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Lucky one, can you share the dealership details, I will reach out to them as my dealer (Accelerate Motors RR Nagar) is helpless or useless (I do not what, as they made me wait for more than 100 days to pillion back rest and am still waiting for touring seat).

Regards,

Cannon
This is Acclaim motors Yelahanka. They are located slightly ahead of the Yelahanka exit on airport road from Hebbal side.
My experience with this dealership is really good. I booked the bike in the last week of Feb and got the delivery in the last week of Apr, in just 2 months. The app, meanwhile, was showing tentative delivery in July.
Old 14th June 2023, 10:56   #760
BHPian

Quote:
This is Acclaim motors Yelahanka. They are located slightly ahead of the Yelahanka exit on airport road from Hebbal side.
My experience with this dealership is really good. I booked the bike in the last week of Feb and got the delivery in the last week of Apr, in just 2 months. The app, meanwhile, was showing tentative delivery in July.
Nice to hear that you have had a good experience with Acclaim Motors, wish I could say the same with my dealer (Accelerate Motors, RR Nagar). I will not recommend them based on my experience .

1. Bike Booked on 16th Jan along with accessories including pillion back rest + windshield
2. Bike delivered on 10th March with few accessories - pillion backrest + windshield
3. Instead of windshield, placed the request for touring seat
4. Pillion Backrest fixed on my bike on 3rd June, still waiting for touring seat

The bike was purchased with the main intention of enjoying the summer with my elder daughter. Could not go on rides as much as we would have liked due to safety concerns as there was no back rest.

Please share your timelines if it is fine, so that I can share the same with Accelerate Motors.
Old 15th June 2023, 10:29   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Please share your timelines if it is fine, so that I can share the same with Accelerate Motors.
I booked the bike on 24th February and took the delivery on 27th April
Even though accessories were added to the booking, the bike allotted to me was a different one without accessories. Even then, showroom was able to fit most of the accessories I have opted for such as bar end mirrors, sump guard, engine guard etc.
After a 1200 kms ride to Kerala and back, I realized I need the touring seat. I didn't opt for it initially because the bike looked awesome without it.
So, i just texted the sales executive on 22nd May, by luck it was in stock, and I fitted it on the next day itself.
One advantage of going for the touring seat later is that we can put the old seat back for the looks anytime we want. It's just a 15-minute job.
manojas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 21:39   #762
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had got a call from the RE service center asking if I am interested in a DIY session at their center detailing how one can do basic maintenance when needed. Since I was free for Sunday morning I confirmed and they shared me the details including the location by whatsapp.

Session was scheduled from 10 to 11. It was organized well. We were split into group of 2 (one for himalayan and another for classic/meteor/sm650). For the latter group, session was conducted by the lead mechanic and was given details on how to replace clutch cable, removing tire in case of puncture, chain clean and lube and battery checks. Then a small Q&A by one of the service advisor. At the end was given snacks, coffee and were sent on our way back.

After that, went home and as the weather was nice we (wifey & I) went on a small ride of around 60 kms and returned. Really enjoying the bike and have got used to the dimensions so filtering in traffic is becoming little easier.

Couple of pics from the ride today.
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-1.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-2.jpg
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:42   #763
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
After almost few months of driving experiences what are your takes on the bike?
Pros and Cons? Do you feel like you could have gone for another alternative bike much cheaper but almost similar experience?
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:49   #764
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, are there any dealers who gives a Test Drive bike now?
Old 22nd June 2023, 11:54   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
In Bangalore, are there any dealers who gives a Test Drive bike now?
RE Company Store @ BTM Layout, did have Super Meteor test ride bike when I visited the showroom last month. You can check out if you are around that area.
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks