Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 16:28   #706

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

I booked my Astral Black offline from RE sales Partner in Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh) on 12/02/20203 and was assured delivery by 25/04/2023 by the Sales agent. It also appeared on the RE app but somehow tentative delivery date was 10/05 and has changed thrice in last month. Now new delivery date is showing as 05/06.
However my friend also booked Astral Black, but from a Delhi sales Partner on 07/02 and got the delivery on16/04.
I fail to understand, how Eicher Team is prioritizing bookings. Are there any preferences?
Any members can advise
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-re650-astral-black-booking.jpg  

Old 20th April 2023, 16:43   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I booked mine via the app only. So, I agree with you that the customer care is not telling the truth. In fact I got feeling that they have no idea on this.

What is your tentative delivery date? Did you go for any customization or its just off the shelf?
I had send a query on the RE website for trailing. However am yet to hear anything till date issue being in the absence of tachometer and linear power delivery across rev bands, the compliance seems almost impossible... (being strong believer of following manufacturers recommendations during Running-in period)....
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-rpm-during-running-period.jpg  

Ford@XL6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:09   #708

I got my shoe sole melted on the exhaust of my new bike, basically while trying to find the side stand lever on the new bike.
Then one day while cleaning the front mud guard, the microfiber cloth got on the bend pipe which got melted there again
Then one day my wife, while getting off the bike got her shoe sole melted a bit on the right exhaust.

So after some research I found a feasible solution and got it fixed.

I used Clorox S.O.S Steel wool pads, got if off bigbasket for 150 INR and they come with soap already in them.
Just wet the pads and the exhaust, and slowly scrubbed off the material off the exhaust, do not apply too much force, just mild pressure will do. Rinse it with water, check for any spots that might have been missed and if not dry it with a cloth. Pretty easy.

Hope this helps.

Here are some before and after pictures of the process
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_171236.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_171241.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_171250.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_171303.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_171317.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_171442.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_172623.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_172627.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230421_172635.jpg  

varunezhava is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 07:43   #709
BHPian

My date went back to a past and original promiss date 16 April from 30 Apr .

No clue on when it might get delivered now.

For those of you that have seen movement in the stages, do you remember how many days before delivery you saw progress in the app.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-screenshot_20230422_074054_royal-enfield.jpg
Old 22nd April 2023, 08:07   #710
Senior - BHPian

This puts micro scratches. Use Meguiars chrome polish (Heavy grade)/ Turtle steel polish etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunezhava View Post
I used Clorox S.O.S Steel wool pads, got if off bigbasket for 150 INR and they come with soap already in them

Last edited by Sebring : 22nd April 2023 at 08:09.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:31   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbot View Post
My date went back to a past and original promiss date 16 April from 30 Apr .
Spoke to RE customer service. They now say it's going to be June 4th week for delivery.

Not sure what's going on with them.
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:45   #712

Saw the dark blue base variant getting unloaded from the vehicle near a dealership. What a beaulty it is! Also saw a topend variant in red and honestly, the base one with the 3D logo was a lot more appealing from the visual perspective!!!!
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:25   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
The issue was a bend clamp, they have put in an order and expected this week. I will post a picture once I have this fixed this week.

Can you share a picture of the silencer alignment in your bike?.

Also note that when they transport the bike and get it down from the truck, I have seen the handlers using the silencer as grip to lift the vehicle which could have caused this as this is a heavy bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunezhava View Post
Sure, just took them. Right one is definitely misaligned.
The alignment issue has been fixed, dropped the bike at the Bolt service center yesterday morning, the service manager at Bolt, Kalyan did the analyses and found that the issue was because of the Exhaust Gasket(attached the invoice for part number), it was damaged from one side(May be during unloading, someone may have pulled on the silencer).

They didn't have the replacement readily available, but they got it arranged from another dealer. So it took almost the whole day sourcing the part from a dealer who has it in stock.
After the fix they delivered the bike at home in the evening.

Both the service manager, Kalyan and Bolt sales manager Moiz were very proactive in getting this fixed from the time I informed them of the issue.

Below are some pics after the fix
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-after_1.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-after.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-after_2.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-receipt.jpg  

varunezhava is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 15:43   #714
BHPian

A humble request to BHPians who are using SM650 for a few months now to share your experience especially a comparison of your initial experience vs the experience now, after riding for a few months.
This will help the fence sitters a lot
manojas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:19   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
A humble request to BHPians who are using SM650 for a few months now to share your experience especially a comparison of your initial experience vs the experience now, after riding for a few months.
This will help the fence sitters a lot
Have done 1.7 K KMS on my bike in about 50 days including a ride of 700 KMS in two days, below are my views :

1. Engine and Handling awesome
2. Suspension definitely needs upgrade, huge respect for my pillion for hanging on for 700 KMS without pillion back rest
3. You are on your own, do not expect any help/response from RE
4. 100 -110 is the speed you can cruise all day, anything more has lot of cross winds making things uncomfortable
5. Braking is spot on
6. Taking U-turns and parking is pain and needs planning
7. Stock headlights could have been better
7. Pillion Back Rest + Mobile Charger + Auxiliary lights + Additional Pillion Foot pegs + Touring Seat + Saddle Stay are add-ons that I am planning on my Astral Black

Hope this helps
cannon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 21:23   #716
BHPian

The silencer alignment still persists even after replacing the clamp and bush. Additionally noticed the misalignment of the mudguard as well.

They have taken pictures and sent to the factory/ RE team to look into it and they may inspect my vehicle again next week. Hopefully it gets fixed this time.

Also, I notice that when the first gear is engaged there is a loud click sound compared to other gears. The service enter claims this is normal, can someone confirm?
Old 29th April 2023, 23:22   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Also, I notice that when the first gear is engaged there is a loud click sound compared to other gears. The service enter claims this is normal, can someone confirm?

Yes, engaging the first gear has loud clunk sound if you do it immediately after ignition.
To avoid it, just blip the throttle whilst holding the clutch and then shift to 1st.
varunezhava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:42   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Have done 1.7 K KMS on my bike in about 50 days including a ride of 700 KMS in two days, below are my views :

1. Engine and Handling awesome
2. Suspension definitely needs upgrade, huge respect for my pillion for hanging on for 700 KMS without pillion back rest
3. You are on your own, do not expect any help/response from RE
4. 100 -110 is the speed you can cruise all day, anything more has lot of cross winds making things uncomfortable
5. Braking is spot on
6. Taking U-turns and parking is pain and needs planning
7. Stock headlights could have been better
7. Pillion Back Rest + Mobile Charger + Auxiliary lights + Additional Pillion Foot pegs + Touring Seat + Saddle Stay are add-ons that I am planning on my Astral Black

Hope this helps

Adding on to this, after 4000 kms and rides every weekend since February
1.The engine is indeed beautiful and intoxicating.
2. The suspension gets better with time I believe as it runs in and you aldo get used to it.
3. I believe this is varies from service center to service center
4. The meteor 350 touring screen works wonders and windblast is negligible with this. It reduces fatigue over longer distances significantly without comprising visibility.
5. No complains with braking
6. This is something with all heavy bikes. It's something you get used to fairly easy and if you have riden heavier bikes before will not notice
7.Agreed with other light around it is often masked, though it is sufficient for completely unlit roads.
8. Backrest needed for pillion comfort and safety.
Prayaglele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:52   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayaglele View Post
Adding on to this, after 4000 kms and rides every weekend since February
1.The engine is indeed beautiful and intoxicating.
2. The suspension gets better with time I believe as it runs in and you aldo get used to it.
3. I believe this is varies from service center to service center
4. The meteor 350 touring screen works wonders and windblast is negligible with this. It reduces fatigue over longer distances significantly without comprising visibility.
5. No complains with braking
6. This is something with all heavy bikes. It's something you get used to fairly easy and if you have riden heavier bikes before will not notice
7.Agreed with other light around it is often masked, though it is sufficient for completely unlit roads.
8. Backrest needed for pillion comfort and safety.

I hope the suspension gets better as per your experience. Regarding Point 3, I have issues with the company RE itself not my service center. The service center and dealer have been at least communicating with me and are trying their best to help me out as they have not delivered what was promised along with the bike for me. When I took this up with RE, the response has been pathetic. I am still waiting for a call from RE management since 10th March.

Hence my view is that RE has grown into an arrogant organization and has lost customer first values. .They do not have any good competition for their bike line-up and has this take it or leave it attitude. I hope the Hero and Bajaj takeover of Harley and Triumph operations leads to us, the paying customers better options and better post purchase experience
cannon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:26   #720
BHPian

What is the update on OE accessories for Super Meteor?
I have on Order leg Guards, touring seat with Pillion back rest but even after a month of taking delivery is yet to come.
Dealer is clueless as there is no communication from RE.

Has anyone put any third party leg guard and pillion back rest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks