Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 12:04   #631
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Turbo View Post
Today got chance to see celestial red variant and unfortunately this colour didn’t ring the bell. Hence changed my booking from celestial red to interstellar green.

For some reason the celestial red looks very dull and doesn’t look like a premium bike( this is just my perception). Also another observation after 3rd test drive is that the left side cylinder head touches the legs, I got my legs burnt lightly due to this
Thank you. I have a reason to go check it now

I was contemplating between red and green but went with red. Will go and check it out in flesh.
Old 11th March 2023, 12:08   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMeteorStorme View Post
I booked an Astral Black on 16th Jan at Bolt Gachibowli. I had customized the pillion seat on the bike.

The app just shows a tentative delivery date of 1st April. The status hasn't changed since the booking.

I was told that the waiting period was 90 days. I was hopeful that booking on launch day would be prioritised but I have been seeing Interstellars on the road. I console myself by assuming that these bikes were all booked during Ridermania in 2022.
Ohh I see, adding the customized pillion seat(thicker one) makes the booking amount 20k and non-refundable right?

I too had added the thicker pillion seat, and the booking amount showed 20k & non refundable, not knowing why I inquired with the showroom contact he advised me to not do so. So I removed it and booked it.

He said the on adding that thicker pillion seat the bike gets specifically manufactured for you. May be that's why it's taking long? Not sure though.

Also, contacted the RE customer support day before and they confirmed the waiting time is 4-5 months due to high number of bookings and the date on the booking receipt is a machine generated and won't hold.
varunezhava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 12:08   #633
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my Super Meteor 650 Celestial Blue day before yesterday. Just a picture for now and will follow up with more details soon.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-20230309_181253.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2023 at 03:32. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Traveler is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 15:32   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunezhava View Post
He said the on adding that thicker pillion seat the bike gets specifically manufactured for you. May be that's why it's taking long? Not sure though.
Funnily enough, the dealer sales rep was the one who advised me to go for the thicker seat. He never mentioned anything about delayed delivery due to this customisation. I will continue pestering them for delivery on the promised date. Let's see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbot View Post
I booked Red Touring with a bunch of accessories to be delivered at VVC Banjara hills online on 16th. Original delivery date was 15th April. Now it says 30th. Hope it gets delivered on time.
This is my first bike after 22 years and the wait is excruciating.
Here's hoping that all of us get our steads soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2023 at 03:33. Reason: Quotes trimmed, spacing.
Old 11th March 2023, 20:15   #635
BHPian

Req the owners to kindly confirm if the headlight is a sealed LED unit or there's a removable H4 LED bulb in that reflector? If it's a bulb & reflector then maybe I can retrofit it to my Interceptor
Old 11th March 2023, 21:25   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
Req the owners to kindly confirm if the headlight is a sealed LED unit or there's a removable H4 LED bulb in that reflector? If it's a bulb & reflector then maybe I can retrofit it to my Interceptor
It's a sealed unit. The entire unit needs to be replaced in case something goes wrong.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:58   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Finally got the delivery of my Super Meteor 650 Celestial Blue day before yesterday. Just a picture for now and will follow up with more details soon.
Congrats and Happy Riding.
I am also waiting for Celestial Blue. hopefully in next 1 or 2 months time. I had booked 2 weeks before and am in 2nd in the dealer's queue for Celestial Blue. let's see, how quick they will deliver my bike.
Old 11th March 2023, 22:26   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats and Happy Riding.
I am also waiting for Celestial Blue. hopefully in next 1 or 2 months time. I had booked 2 weeks before and am in 2nd in the dealer's queue for Celestial Blue. let's see, how quick they will deliver my bike.
It's worth the wait. I had booked in Nov at Rider Mania and just got it delivered. Apparently the touring variant is having a longer waiting time but still there are good Number of bikes being shipped.

My dealer had 3 Celestial Blues and perhaps similar Celestial Red delivered to him this week.

I got to actually select the bike from their stockyard
Old 12th March 2023, 08:56   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMeteorStorme View Post
This is my first bike after 22 years and the wait is excruciating.
Any rider accessories like Jacket, Gloves shoes etc that you are exploring?

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2023 at 03:33. Reason: Quote trimmed.
nbot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 11:29   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
As per RE youtube channel, it is a sealed unit -
jishnu7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 12:25   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Any rider accessories like Jacket, Gloves shoes etc that you are exploring?
At this time I have bought an Air GT4 riding jacket and Urban X gloves from Rynox. I will probably also get a mesh jacket. Didn't like the ones at Rynox due to fit issues.

I am still searching for a helmet and low-profile riding boots. Planning to goto KPHB and Madhapur areas today to check out a few stores.

Any recommendations for gear and stores?
SupMeteorStorme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 14:46   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Did you pick up any accessories?
Bolt Gachbolwli did not have them as yet - Sump guard and crash guard to begin with. I will need a windshield for sure for managing wind blast on long rides. Difficult to ride past 80 kmph without it. I am really thinking about a better horn - current one is not at all useful in real life situations when you are riding fast or in a competing situation. Denali Sound Bomb was mentioned by another BHP'ian - will try that out. Stock seat is a bit hard (not uncomfortable - but can be a bit softer). Will definitely be trying out touring seat.

An additional input to BHP'ians - the tripper connector is not very secure. Looks like my car cleaner was a little over enthusiastic in his daily routine and yanked it off. When I turned on the bike, tripper did not work. Debugging the issue found out the connector was pulled out. Pushed it back in and things are back to normal. I dont think it will become loose during daily usage - however something for people to keep in mind.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2023 at 03:34. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Prashant_BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 14:56   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunezhava View Post
Also, contacted the RE customer support day before and they confirmed the waiting time is 4-5 months due to high number of bookings and the date on the booking receipt is a machine generated and won't hold.
Agree - app dates don't seem to be accurate nor being considered by dealers/RE support team. I had booked my bike during ride mania (19-Nov-2022) and app was showing delivery of 22-Jan-2022. Interestingly my booking date was updated to 13-Jan-2023 somewhere along the journey. I had to regularly follow up and ask Bolt motorcycle to escalate to RE team on delay in delivery. Required multiple follow ups to get the bike shipped from factory.

Quick note of thanks - TeamBHP PDI list for interceptor was very helpful during delivery process.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th March 2023 at 03:34. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 12th March 2023, 20:08   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant_BHP View Post
Stock seat is a bit hard (not uncomfortable - but can be a bit softer). Will definitely be trying out touring seat.
As someone used to harder bicycle seats, I would urge you to give the stuff seats at least a couple of months before deciding on switching to the touring seats.
SupMeteorStorme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 23:26   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant_BHP View Post
Stock seat is a bit hard (not uncomfortable - but can be a bit softer). Will definitely be trying out touring seat.
Yes, even I felt the same, went to a 250 km ride yesterday and I felt soreness in my butts, So I have ordered the air seat cruiser premium from grand pitstop, let's see if it works. And also I'm using the Denali sound bomb mini, works excellent, people move out of ur way easily.
865interceptor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks