Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 22:30   #676
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
The Bluebird went for its first service today. The right side silencer was misaligned (check the quoted image) when I took delivery and the delivery manager had promised me to fix this during the first service. I was asked to get the bike to the brand showroom in Adyar, Chennai and not take it directly to the company service center. The delivery manager took the responsibility of servicing and fixing the silencer.

I was supposed to get back the bike in the evening today, but got a call in the afternoon that RE engineer needs to inspect the bike on how it got misaligned and he can only visit tomorrow. So instead of just fixing RE wants to an root cause analysis and I am loving this approach. Also, icing on the cake, I was given a replacement Super Meteor 650 till I get my Bluebird back.
Wow! replacement bike,... the first that I have heard of. Is that a test ride bike?

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 23:04   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Wow! replacement bike,... the first that I have heard of. Is that a test ride bike?

Regards
Bharath
Not sure, it could be a test ride vehicle or one of the media ride vehicles as this the brand showroom and all media ride vehicles is TN-07 which is also Adyar, Chennai.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:13   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post

Regards
Bharath
Lucky You, I am waiting for few accessories (Windshield + Touring Seat + Pillion Back Rest) that was ordered along with the bike on 16th Jan and it took RE more than 20 days after escalating my request in Social Media, Dealership and Customer Care to reach me and share the update. The tentative date for these parts to be available is July. And it defeats the purpose of buying this bike now, as it was meant to enjoy the holidays with my elder daughter going on rides. But without the pillion back rest in place, I am reluctant take her on rides due to safety concerns.
Old 11th April 2023, 19:39   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbot View Post
Hello Folks, to all those like me eagerly checking on the Bike's delivery day by day in the app, does it show something similar?
Where are you guys seeing this option in the app? I am unable to find any tracking option in the Android app. I can just see the booking confirmation under the profile
Old 11th April 2023, 20:13   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Where are you guys seeing this option in the app?
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-screenshot_20230411_195225_royal-enfield.jpg

You can find Track Order under motor cycle booking in the Profile
nbot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 11:32   #681
BHPian

Hi
Even I don't get this link in my mobile. I am on IOS and is on the latest app version. Even the web login doesn't show any bookings.
Note that the Transaction ID is blank in my case and I had booked this in the showroom using UPI (and hence mode of booking is shown as cash).
Regards
Harish

Last edited by harishhm74 : 12th April 2023 at 11:42. Reason: web login info
Old 12th April 2023, 19:21   #682
BHPian

Same case with me as well. I have all the other info except the link

@nbot, did you have this link from the beginning or it started assisting towards the end?
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-screenshot_20230411_222955_royal-enfield2.jpg  

Last edited by manojas : 12th April 2023 at 19:32.
Old 12th April 2023, 20:47   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Same case with me as well. I have all the other info except the link

@nbot, did you have this link from the beginning or it started assisting towards the end?
For me, the link disappeared once the vehicle was received at the dealership. This maybe the case, you can check by calling the customer care number or the dealership.
Old 12th April 2023, 20:47   #684
BHPian

Took test rides of the Super Metor and the Interceptor twice. I had a previous booking of the interceptor 650 from the day the bike was launched way back in 2018 (14 Nov 2018 to be precise). The dealer marred the enthusiasm and joy by not inviting for the test rides and then kept lying to justify himself (I appreciate people who are truthful and straightforward), I never went to him asking for tentative delivery.

Found the Super Meteor comparatively more comfortable to ride.

Booked the Intersteller green, just because the Astral grey has RE stickers on the tank as against the RE 3D emblem. Really strange, as for the same price the astral black comes with the emblems.

Booking process was a dampener, the people at the store have more than enough in their plates so there is severe lack of motivation to please the customer.

I was charged 2.7% as "SWIPE CHARGES" for the booking amount paid by credit card. I asked for a receipt of the full amount, which they refused to provide, however agreed to adjust the amount in the final bill (verbally though).

I do not have the receipt of the booking amount paid to the dealer, because I refused to accept the receipt of INR 10000/- , however I do have a booking ID in SMS and mail.

Asked the dealer's rep to check and confirm there are no extra charges for the payments at the service center, else I will cancel the booking.

RE India, if you read this, please do take note, some of your dealers are charging 2.7% over and above the amount being paid through credit card.

Attitude of the sales reps is not good in this matter, as they go on to say that why a customer makes a fuss about a small amount (INR 270/-) in this case.

I hope I might be right in assuming that the RE dealers are in a much better financial situation than 99% of the RE customers, so why the dealers make so much fuss about compulsorily charging INR 270/- from the customers.

Would appreciate if the members could shed some light on this matter.

As of now waiting for a confirmation about the tentative delivery date, if the delivery is after 31 May 2023, I might postpone by 4-5 months as I will be travelling from June to Oct.

Cheers
Brumby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:53   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post

Booked the Intersteller green, just because the Astral grey has RE stickers on the tank as against the RE 3D emblem. Really strange, as for the same price the astral black comes with the emblems.

Booking process was a dampener, the people at the store have more than enough in their plates so there is severe lack of motivation to please the customer.

I was charged 2.7% as "SWIPE CHARGES" for the booking amount paid by credit card. I asked for a receipt of the full amount, which they refused to provide, however agreed to adjust the amount in the final bill (verbally though).
I trust you are referring to Astral green and not grey. I actually found the Astral green look better in person compared to the interstellar models. Mine is Astral Blue and it looks really beautiful in person compared to the pictures.

It would have been easier to book online than from the dealer which would have avoided the hassles.

With regard to payment, they can’t charge the extra amount and you can take it up with RE. I actually made the full payment for my bike by swiping my credit card with no additional charges. Note that this was at the brand showroom.

Also the insurance, they sent me a link to pay it online.

Trust this helps.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th April 2023 at 05:35. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 05:23   #686
BHPian

Quote:
I trust you are referring to Astral green and not grey. I actually found the Astral green look better in person compared to the interstellar models. Mine is Astral Blue and it looks really beautiful in person compared to the pictures.

Trust this helps.
Yes its Astral Green and not Grey, the dealer didn't have one in Astral Green colour, so did not book one, the Astral colours miss on the golden stripes as well, which I think enhances the look of the bike.

Regarding payment issues, I do not really want to take up with RE officially, the dealers are mischievous people and this might irk them.

Cheers
Old 13th April 2023, 08:51   #687
BHPian

I finally took a test ride, and I was totally blown away. Besides getting my friend who had come with me hooked onto motorcycles (he fell hard for the Scram), the SM transported me back to college and memories of my TB 500. It's not the same by a long shot, I actually thought the 2013 TB's riding position might have been slightly nicer. The acceleration is definitely noticeably slower than the twins, but it's soo much more satisfying just because I can feel and enjoy the build-up of the revs - just like the delay on the TB. I took the test ride at Nomadic Motorcycles in Pimple Saudagar, Pimpri-Chinchwad (it's near my workplace), and they were just excellent throughout the whole process. I didn't book since I'm not actively looking to get another bike just yet, but the only downer I felt was the stiff suspension. Not for me though - for my friend in the pillion seat. For me, everything was just peachy. I'm going to wait for the 450 scrambler that follows the 450 Himalayan though - a recent ride has left me blissfully in love with the current Himalayan and Scram, and begging them for all the power they could muster.
Old 13th April 2023, 10:47   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Yes its Astral Green and not Grey, the dealer didn't have one in Astral Green colour, so did not book one, the Astral colours miss on the golden stripes as well, which I think enhances the look of the bike.

Regarding payment issues, I do not really want to take up with RE officially, the dealers are mischievous people and this might irk them.

Cheers
Even if you take up this with RE directly, nothing will happen based on my experience with them. We really need the competition to come up with bikes that is better than RE to make RE take customer first approach. Hope Bajaj taking over of Triumph operations and Hero taking over Harely leads to this.
cannon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 10:48   #689
BHPian

Quote:
For me, the link disappeared once the vehicle was received at the dealership. This maybe the case, you can check by calling the customer care number or the dealership.
Called the customer care and as usual they have no clue.
I also came to know from them that my delivery date has been postponed by another month. She claimed that the waiting period is now 8-9 months. I will take it with a pinch of salt though.
Old 15th April 2023, 19:15   #690
BHPian

Quote:
You may write to RE on support@royalenfield.com to check on the status too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks