Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 08:35   #526
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

I just checked out this vehicle again yesterday. Massive presence and gives u the goosebumps just sitting on it.

The seat is a bummer on non tourer versions. Probably because many people have sat on the bike, the upper black cover is already sagging out or not in sync with the cushion. I am not sure if it is normal but they seem two different things and maybe a sign of things to come.

Regards
Bharath
Old 7th February 2023, 12:23   #527
BHPian

Typical American cruisers are long and low, say about 700mm seat height and about 8 feet in length. Do you think a bike that long would work in a country like ours as a mass market product? I don't think so, RE has to work within the parameters of the requirements of the market and hence they're designing the bikes based on Indian conditions and then selling them the world over.
Moving even the Meteor in a packed parking lot is a bit of a task and then imagine doing that with the heft of 250 kgs and a much longer length, that just would not work for a bike that they're going to try to sell in the thousands every month rather than the HD's and Triumphs which sell in dozens every month so compromise has to be made.
mpp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 16:42   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Dealer in Yelahanka has no clue. I visited them yesterday. When we checked their DMS system it was showing promised delivery date of 25th Feb for my Rider Mania booking. They are not sure if the bikes will come by then.

No test drive vehicles have been received so far.
I have received a call from my dealership today and have been informed that the vehicle will be ready for delivery next week. Mine is a ridermania pre-booking. Location-Trivandrum. I am afraid whether I will have to take the delivery even before a test ride and feeling the vehicle
febz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:21   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
I have received a call from my dealership today and have been informed that the vehicle will be ready for delivery next week. Mine is a ridermania pre-booking. Location-Trivandrum. I am afraid whether I will have to take the delivery even before a test ride and feeling the vehicle
All the best buddy! and Congratulations too!
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:29   #530
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Hope you will pen your first ownership review on the most anticipated bike this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 23:17   #531

Hii ,

Would love to hear about reviews from new owners in daily city driving ? How maneuverable is the bike in heavy city traffic?
Old 8th February 2023, 11:30   #532
BHPian

Test ride for an hour? Man, in Bengaluru it’s more like just go to the corner roads and come back after a measly 200-300 m test “ride”! I’m sure most showrooms won’t even register the test ride bike, or might not even have one
Old 8th February 2023, 16:14   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Test ride for an hour? Man, in Bengaluru it’s more like just go to the corner roads and come back after a measly 200-300 m test “ride”! I’m sure most showrooms won’t even register the test ride bike, or might not even have one
Well that is generally the case here in Pune as well. In this case I was able to build a good relation with the sales rep and manager due to constant but polite follow up.
Old 8th February 2023, 21:49   #534
BHPian

So received a call from the showroom today evening, and my bike has arrived at their godown! Figuring out the rest of the payment. Delivery expected on Tuesday! Seems like out of the 7 preorders they had, only 2 are here, of which it seems mine will happen first
Prayaglele is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 22:34   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayaglele View Post
So received a call from the showroom today evening, and my bike has arrived at their godown! Figuring out the rest of the payment. Delivery expected on Tuesday! Seems like out of the 7 preorders they had, only 2 are here, of which it seems mine will happen first
Congratulations!!! Which colour did you go for? What accessories did you add?
Old 8th February 2023, 22:52   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Congratulations!!! Which colour did you go for? What accessories did you add?
Thanks! I went for the interstellar grey paint scheme. For accessories I've only gone with the sump guard for now. I want to wait for the other accessories to actually come to the showroom before I end up putting them on the bike.
Prayaglele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 22:53   #537
BHPian

On the day of launch, 16th Jan 2023 myself and my colleague booked 2 Super meteor 650.

I booked the Celestial blue and got an estimated delivery of 16th April 2023 shown on Royal Enfield app and my colleague booked a Interstellar green and his booking shows an estimated delivery of 16th of Feb 2023.

We noted that for the celestial variant, the deliveries were quite late.
PistonCrown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 12:53   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
On the day of launch, 16th Jan 2023 myself and my colleague booked 2 Super meteor 650.

I booked the Celestial blue and got an estimated delivery of 16th April 2023 shown on Royal Enfield app and my colleague booked a Interstellar green and his booking shows an estimated delivery of 16th of Feb 2023.

We noted that for the celestial variant, the deliveries were quite late.
One possible reason for this could be the availability of the mandatory accessories that are part of the Celestial variant.
For example, one of the main accessory, the touring seat is not available in the configurator yet. It is listed under accessories though
Old 10th February 2023, 11:21   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
One possible reason for this could be the availability of the mandatory accessories that are part of the Celestial variant.
For example, one of the main accessory, the touring seat is not available in the configurator yet. It is listed under accessories though
Makes sense.

Also, I think the Celestial blue colour is rare too. I didn't notice many red bikes during their media drive held too. Most of the tourer versions were Celestial red.
Old 10th February 2023, 14:12   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
Makes sense.

Also, I think the Celestial blue colour is rare too. I didn't notice many red bikes during their media drive held too. Most of the tourer versions were Celestial red.
Correcting my previous post.

Makes sense.

Also, I think the Celestial blue colour is rare too. I didn't notice many celestial blue bikes during their media drive held too. Most of the tourer versions were Celestial red.
PistonCrown is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks