Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 22:19   #376

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

One reviewer took time to test on potholes and humps and found it satisfactory, which is nice to hear.

But within seconds he added the ones he found there (in Rajasthan) were nothing compared to what you will find in the cities.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th January 2023 at 14:27. Reason: Minor typo
Old 16th January 2023, 23:23   #377

Got wind of the bike being revealed at a nearby showroom and promptly went to check out the grand reveal. Sharing a few pics from the showroom at Gachibowli, Hyderabad.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230116_195205.jpg

I'd read up on the low ground clearance, seat height and was quite apprehensive whether this bike would be a 'mooshika-vahana' for me, ala the Bajaj Avenger. Was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn't so. The wide front seat really contributes a lot to this.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230116_201051.jpg
And this is how a hefty 6'2" guy will look on the super meteor. Not bad i guess.

There's no taking away the bulk of the bike. Even raising it off the side stand, one will feel the weight. I'd imagine filtering through city traffic would be quite cumbersome on this one. I gingerly engaged the centre stand and found that it was easier than expected.

A few more observations from the limited time I spent there: The clutch felt heavy to engage. Some of the exposed welds couldn't help but remind me of the finish on the yezdi triplets. One observation i noted was that the chain is not well exposed for ease of lubing. There is limited access to lube the inner part of the chain.

Now it's time to take a nice long test drive and see how it actually feels like on the road !
berserk is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 23:40   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Got a call from the local dealer inviting me for the formal launch of the bike tomorrow at 7.30 PM. Prices will be revealed at the launch time tomorrow.

The bikes are scheduled to reach tonight and test drives will be available from next week.
Since the price is launched, eagerly awaiting the TD's even though I have been promised the delivery by end of January or latest by first week of February. Reaching out for your help with an update from your dealer on the options to upgrade to a tourer seat on an Astral variant as I am pretty much sure thay the guys here wont even have a clue😆.I cant see the options in RE apps MIY(make it yours configuration) and lot of accessories announced at the EICMA launch is also missing on the app configuration.
Old 17th January 2023, 00:11   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febz View Post
Since the price is launched, eagerly awaiting the TD's even though I have been promised the delivery by end of January or latest by first week of February. Reaching out for your help with an update from your dealer on the options to upgrade to a tourer seat on an Astral variant as I am pretty much sure thay the guys here wont even have a clue😆.I cant see the options in RE apps MIY(make it yours configuration) and lot of accessories announced at the EICMA launch is also missing on the app configuration.
I booked the Celestial Blue and I will visit them tomorrow and ask them about the accessories for the Astral. Will update you once I know. All the best.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 10:40   #380
Senior - BHPian

Test drive bikes will come after 10 days as per dealer. They have just one bike on display presently.

Also I asked if seats from Tourer variant can be put on the solo variant and he said yes that can be done. However pricing etc are all unknown at this point.

Guess we will have to wait till the end of the month.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:10   #381
Senior - BHPian

They have listed the accessories and configurator on their website. Their accessories do look good quality and come at a premium price.

Accessorizing the Astral version to the Celestial version will still spare you enough to get more accessories than the latter.

Astral = 348900
Windshield = 4500
Touring Seat = 6500
Back Rest = 1000

Astral (with Celestial accessories) Total = 360900
Celestial version = 378900
Difference = 18000

Pannier (with rails) = 18000
OR select from the below accessories
Airfly Crash Guard = 6250
Sump Guard = 3250
Handlebar Clamp = 2250
Black Touring Handlebar = 4750
amongst others...
Gordon is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:22   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
They have listed the accessories and configurator on their website. Their accessories do look good quality and come at a premium price.

Accessorizing the Astral version to the Celestial version will still spare you enough to get more accessories than the latter.

Astral = 348900
Windshield = 4500
Touring Seat = 6500
Back Rest = 1000

Astral (with Celestial accessories) Total = 360900
Celestial version = 378900
Difference = 18000

Pannier (with rails) = 18000
OR select from the below accessories
Airfly Crash Guard = 6250
Sump Guard = 3250
Handlebar Clamp = 2250
Black Touring Handlebar = 4750
amongst others...
Where are these listed. On the RE App these do not show up. Did you try the configuration on a computer?

Also if the Astral can be specced upto Celestial at a cheaper price then the only differentiator would be the color. If that's the case then I am not sure it is worth it to buy the Celestial at all.
Old 17th January 2023, 11:23   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post

My word of caution is just this for all the early adopters and quick movers. Think of riding style before you buy. If almost always in a group, some points of concern will be covered, like the weight etc.
Thank you for highlighting the concerns related to cruisers.

I have been eagerly following up for the launch of Super Meteor. But the points you have highlighted have made me to go back and think whether is this the motorcycle meant for me, who will be using it for daily commute to office in heavy Bangalore traffic.
Currently I own a Bajaj Avenger Street 220 which I had booked on the day of its launch in October 2015. Though, Avenger is a light weight motorcycle but the higher rake of the motorcycle makes the manoeuvrability quite tricky in heavy traffic because it has its own sweet turning radius.

There may be more challenges to handle a heavy weight cruiser like Super Meteor in heavy traffic.
Apex1815 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:47   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where are these listed. On the RE App these do not show up. Did you try the configuration on a computer?

Also if the Astral can be specced upto Celestial at a cheaper price then the only differentiator would be the color. If that's the case then I am not sure it is worth it to buy the Celestial at all.
Yes, so it seems. Are the adjustable levers (as seen in the review videos) standard for all variants?

The configurator doesn't show the touring seat for Astral and Interstellar versions. But you can see all of these on the GMA.

Buying the Touring Seat seperately, would be better because you'd have two seats then and can switch and have different experiences.
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:56   #385
BHPian

Hey everyone, booked an interstellar grey variant yesterday. The Showroom manager said TD vehicles will be available sometime next week mostly and deliveries within a month month and a half. He also mentioned that accessories are limited on the app at the moment however will be available in the upcoming weeks. However interesting point to note is the RE app which tracks the booking shows delivery date to be 30th January. Been waiting for almost two years for this to come out so super excited to finally go out on some rides.
Prayaglele is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 11:57   #386
BHPian

Hello Riders,

As an Interceptor 650 owner I've lived through the buzz and feed of the SM650 launch & price reveal. I've no intention to migrate to the cruiser style. I had made this decision long back when I chose the UCE Classic 350 over the TB350.

RE took a long time to launch the 3rd variant of the 650 platform!

I found the following article & video by Vikrant Singh and his team the most objective in nature. In addition, he owns/owned the INT650 so he seems to have a 650's perspective.

Written article (for office viewing)

(for WFH viewing)

Few things to note:
  • GMA (accessories) will be available in March '23
  • Touring dual seat is available only on Celestial models
  • Other 2 variants can only get the backrest (as per MIY configurator)
  • Celestial has a taller and pulled back handlebar
My recommendation is to go for the Celestial variants and add only engine guards and sump guard as accessories. Rest can be added later!

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 12:30   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Test drive bikes will come after 10 days as per dealer. They have just one bike on display presently.

Also I asked if seats from Tourer variant can be put on the solo variant and he said yes that can be done. However pricing etc are all unknown at this point.

Guess we will have to wait till the end of the month.
Thanks mate. The FAQ section on the Super Meteor official page has a weblink to the GMA which is inaccessible currently(Error 404).They have clearly mentioned that there would be a waiting period until March for the GMA but could be booked in advance through the app or the dealer. I am not a fan of the celestial colour variants but desperately need the tourer seats as an accessory along with the optional LED indicators and the fog lamps since I frequent the high range often.
I spoke to the dealer in Trivandrum who informed that the bikes would be available within a week for TD and individual dealerships would arrange a launch event soon(a fellow bhpian has updated already on the launch event at Hyderabad and shared some snaps on the same day though )
Old 17th January 2023, 13:11   #388
Senior - BHPian

I did a thorough price comparison between the Celestial Blue and the Astral Green. The objective was to see if the Astral Green can be made into a full tourer like the Celestial Blue and what will be the price difference.

See the attached Screenshot of the comparison.

It seems that the Astral Green fully decked up will be Rs. 11773/- cheaper than the Celestial Blue (ON ROAD PRICE - Bangalore). However on the Astral Green you will still miss out on the Dual Colour Paint Scheme and the 3D Logo on the tank of the Celestial.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-20230117-13_21_50book1-excel.png  

Last edited by Traveler : 17th January 2023 at 13:24.
Traveler is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:44   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It seems that the Astral Green fully decked up will be Rs. 11773/- cheaper than the Celestial Blue (ON ROAD PRICE - Bangalore). However on the Astral Green you will still miss out on the Dual Colour Paint Scheme and the 3D Logo on the tank of the Celestial.
Difference between Astral and Interstellar is 15K just for the dual paint scheme, that seems to be carrying forward here as well. I would rather get the Astral then Celestial for simple reason that I can pick and choose the Accessories i want, rather then RE deciding it for me. Helps me with the cheaper entry cost as well, and then upgrade as and when you like.

Kudos to RE for making all the accessories available as stand alone though.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:57   #390
Senior - BHPian

Waiting list is long i heard. You wont be early adopter if you get delivery in two years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Well I’m happy to swallow my earlier skeptical words and say I now think it’s absolutely worth it. So much so that I might just give this a shot (if the waiting period isn’t two years or something ridiculous). Which is a lot considering I never ever thought I would even consider being an early adopter of a RE product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks