Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 08:19   #1066
BHPian

Is Force Motors relaunching Gurkha 4x4 ??

As per the daily subscription e-mail I have got from ICB i.e. IndianCarsBikes website, Force Motors is going to relaunch Gurkha 4x4 within the time period of next 6 months.
Here is the link:
Force Motors Gurkha SUV to be relaunched in the next six months! | IndianCarsBikes.in
Can anyone confirm this news ???
Old 3rd June 2011, 08:52   #1067
Team-BHP Support

Re: Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??

Some news... Second Gurkha image was shot by me. They have credited my cousin (owner of that Gurkha), so it is alright.

None of the Force Motors news should be believed until they deliver. Especially anything related to Gurkha.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:06   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Some news... Second Gurkha image was shot by me. They have credited my cousin (owner of that Gurkha), so it is alright.

None of the Force Motors news should be believed until they deliver. Especially anything related to Gurkha.
Samurai,
Though I would love to differ. I agree wholeheartedly with you. Forget about Gurkha, the Force people have no idea about other vehicles either. Wonder they are interested in selling vehicles or not.
regards
salil
Old 8th September 2011, 16:12   #1069
BHPian

Hi guys just visited force motors website and they have listed the Gurkha 4x4 in their list of products.

Here is the link:

*: Force Motors LTD.

So does this mean bookings are open? I did notice though the engine is only BS III compliant. And there is no mention of price. Can anyone add more info to this?
Old 8th September 2011, 18:04   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Hi guys just visited force motors website and they have listed the Gurkha 4x4 in their list of products.

Here is the link:

So does this mean bookings are open? I did notice though the engine is only BS III compliant. And there is no mention of price. Can anyone add more info to this?
I really don't know what that means- it could just mean that the web site has not been updated, Because when I enquired about Gurkha at the dealers and also on the numbers mentioned in the contact section they seem to be lost on information regarding the Gurkha.... Sad but True

If I do find out anything I shall update out here.

regards
salil
scphanse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 18:46   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post

Here is the link:

Thanks for bumping up this thread !

Looks like you are new to the ways of Force motors. Please go thru the Force/Trax/Gurkha/Gama related threads here, and you will understand that you have wasted your time by going thru their web-site.
Old 10th September 2011, 00:50   #1072
BANNED

@amrisharm hi, i got a quote from the chandigarh dealer for 8.75 lacs for bs111 engine , he has no idea when wil new crdi engine come
hate tar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 12:25   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate tar View Post
@amrisharm hi, i got a quote from the chandigarh dealer for 8.75 lacs for bs111 engine , he has no idea when wil new crdi engine come
Thanx buddy, is that price ex-showroom or OTR? i live in a BSIII city so it is ok for me. Also did he mention anything about how long the delivery would take?
Old 12th September 2011, 00:06   #1074
BANNED

hi amrisharm this was the ex showroom price and add another 40 K to the price for otr i think 1 month for delivery. i dont know if it has the om611 engine or old engine i tried to know about it from them but they dont know themselves
reg
g
hate tar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 17:12   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
hi amrisharm this was the ex showroom price and add another 40 K to the price for otr i think 1 month for delivery. i dont know if it has the om611 engine or old engine i tried to know about it from them but they dont know themselves
reg
g
Here we go again....

From my personal experience I can tell you that dealing with Force motors is just

My advice - unless you can see the vehicle personally and verify every bit of specification, do not believe anything they tell. Right from colors available to tires and variants/configurations and even engine, you get different answers depending on who you talk to. The web site says one thing, the dealer says another thing and the guy at the factory says something else.

I am pretty sure it is not the OM611 engine - if it were, the marketing guys would have definitely made a fuss about it. It is the old DI engine that does duty in the all the Cruisers & Toofans with a Turbo-Intercooler slapped on to boost the power.

Rumor has it that Force intends to re-launch the Gurkha in first Q of 2012 with the OM611 engine..... but then I have been hearing that same rumor since 2007.

Cheers
H3LIOS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 17:16   #1076
BANNED

Hello Family, today i test drove the gurkha at bhambra motors in mohali and let me tell u i was shattered , it is supposed to be new but had gear oil pooled at bottom, scratches on the bonnet,and sides, steering was making a grumpy noise as i turned it , ac was effective, 1500km done on the odometer and had the old 2650 tdi engine, tried a bit offroading with the agency guy having his heart hanging out of his mouth 4x4 was responsive but took 3 mins to engage it as was rock hard.8.7lac plus insurance road tax etc. i think its better to put money for force one4x4 instead when it comes.
met some engineer from force motors who was not sure when will be the om 611 be launched in gurkha.dealer was claiming 75 hp engineer was claiming above 82hp i asked for a broucher so that i can give to my bank they said they dont have it,
so i asked them to trade in my gypsy king and take that as down payment they said 70000 for it, they thought i am,had enough of gurkha

i came back i am happy with my gypsy and love her more now
g
Old 14th September 2011, 18:10   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Family, today i test drove the gurkha at bhambra motors in mohali and let me tell u i was shattered , it is supposed to be new but had gear oil pooled at bottom, scratches on the bonnet,and sides, steering was making a grumpy noise as i turned it , ac was effective, 1500km done on the odometer and had the old 2650 tdi engine, tried a bit offroading with the agency guy having his heart hanging out of his mouth 4x4 was responsive but took 3 mins to engage it as was rock hard.8.7lac plus insurance road tax etc. i think its better to put money for force one4x4 instead when it comes.
met some engineer from force motors who was not sure when will be the om 611 be launched in gurkha.dealer was claiming 75 hp engineer was claiming above 82hp i asked for a broucher so that i can give to my bank they said they dont have it,
so i asked them to trade in my gypsy king and take that as down payment they said 70000 for it, they thought i am,had enough of gurkha

i came back i am happy with my gypsy and love her more now
g
hahahahahaha, buy the Thar Crde mate , you wont repent it, i swear please
Old 14th September 2011, 18:21   #1078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello Family, today i test drove the gurkha at bhambra motors in mohali and let me tell u i was shattered
None of the veterans of this thread are surprised.

When my cousin's Gurkha was delivered 4 years back, the AC and PS fan belt had broken during the drive from the Factory.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 19:57   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Family, today i test drove the gurkha at bhambra motors in mohali and let me tell u i was shattered ...
But, I must admire your bravado...after all that has been said about the Gurkha/Force motors, you had the courage to think about taking a test-drive. Good that you have now experienced the hard realities about the Gurkha/Force motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
None of the veterans of this thread are surprised. ...
Agreed !!!
Old 14th September 2011, 22:34   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

@hate_tar:

If you are still keen on Force Motors, they just launched a Chinese SUV with a Merc Engine called the Foday Doday or something like that. . Check that out. Four wheel drive is not available yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks