Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 23:33   #106
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover

Had this thread not been on TeamBhp I would have never believed it to be an authentic transformation. The conceptualization, perseverance, attention to detail and the final outcome are beyond words!! Anil you have set a benchmark too high for this is a mod like no other. Splendid job!! Many congratulations!!!
Old 27th September 2017, 18:25   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Anyway, the interiors of this version looks great. Understated and premium; darn close to perfect!
The interiors are not in final form, the center console and roof console installation are now in progress, shall update the pictures once completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atu2good View Post
Splendid job!! Many congratulations!!!
Thanks Atu.

Here are some more pics from a recent drive we did to Munnar, it has got amazing road presence, and real head turner on the road.

Performance is not as bad as discussed in most forums here, I am easily and comfortable maining 90 - 100 KM/h on highways, No uphill climbing issues with 5 passengers which are pretty reasonable figures to be expected for a Gurkha, though these are not any where in comparison with the real G Wagon.
Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_3554.jpg

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-img_3555.jpg
Anil Vincent is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:35   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Here are some more pics from a recent drive we did to Munnar, it has got amazing road presence, and real head turner on the road.
O MY GOD this thread keeps getting better and better as more pics keep coming in!!
Old 31st October 2017, 22:54   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Samurai posted this on the other Gurkha thread. What went wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Last edited by Dry Ice : 31st October 2017 at 22:56.
Old 1st November 2017, 16:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Samurai posted this on the other Gurkha thread. What went wrong?
Upon completing 10000 KM, I gave vehicle at dealer workshop for general periodic service along with 2 minor issues; 1) Minor noise from front differential and Speedometer not working.

After 3 weeks of no updates from workshop we visited dealer workshop to found out that the steering is not working, steering wheel was not at turning leftward, workshop informed us the steering box is completely damaged and required replacement with new one costing Rs 23000/-.

We were not convinced with workshop manager and FM's service engineer statement, since steering box is a solid built component which won't fail overnight ! Further investigations revealed that 2014 manufactured vehicle was fitted with 2007 made steering box, neither dealer or Force motors were taking responsibility or giving a proper answer. Inshort the vehicle which was perfectly running condition and which i drove to workshop is not driveable any more.

It is evident some foul play has happened either from dealer or Force motors.

I have dealt with almost all dealerships and manufacturers around the world as a part of my profession & now experiencing the worst of all customer experience ever seen.
Anil Vincent is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 17:00   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2014 manufactured vehicle was fitted with 2007 made steering box

7 year old stock lying unused at factory? I doubt this. Steering gear is not unique for Gurkha (I assume) and we couldn't think of a 7 year old part lying unused and fitted from the factory. It's mostly the foul play at dealer end either before delivery or during 10k service.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
7 year old stock lying unused at factory? I doubt this. Steering gear is not unique for Gurkha (I assume) and we couldn't think of a 7 year old part lying unused and fitted from the factory. It's mostly the foul play at dealer end either before delivery or during 10k service.
Shocking, but not new.

In older days of Ambassadors, Fiats and Vespa, this used to be a fairly common scam during the last free service. Critical good parts would be changed with older ones in unsuspecting individuals. I thought with large turnover of vehicles sold this would be past, but it seems some dealers still indulge in this practice.

This is one of the reasons that I patronize only those workshops where you can watch what is going on, else I rely on my FNG. Where that is not possible, I get a fairly detailed statement of the current status of the vehicle, so that they cannot foist a fault that was not there when I handed the vehicle over.
Aroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:40   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Upon completing 10000 KM, I gave vehicle at dealer workshop for general periodic service along with 2 minor issues; 1) Minor noise from front differential and Speedometer not working.

After 3 weeks of no updates from workshop we visited dealer workshop to found out that the steering is not working, steering wheel was not at turning leftward, workshop informed us the steering box is completely damaged and required replacement with new one costing Rs 23000/-.

We were not convinced with workshop manager and FM's service engineer statement, since steering box is a solid built component which won't fail overnight ! Further investigations revealed that 2014 manufactured vehicle was fitted with 2007 made steering box, neither dealer or Force motors were taking responsibility or giving a proper answer. Inshort the vehicle which was perfectly running condition and which i drove to workshop is not driveable any more.

I have dealt with almost all dealerships and manufacturers around the world as a part of my profession & now experiencing the worst of all customer experience ever seen.
Wow! Talk about dead bodies in a closet!

Did Gurkha not undergo any mechanical changes between 2007-2014? If no, service center could have a role to play here.

By any chance do you have any pictures of this while the vehicle was undergoing the transformation initially, to maybe compare them visually at least? I am sure the 7 year old part wouldn't be looking in the best of its forms. I might be wrong but just a thought.

Also, isn't fixing the vehicle at your own cost and place an option? After having put in so much of love and passion in making it what it is, don't let this small hiccup spoil the party.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 19:03   #114
BHPian

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover - Dealer Workshop Experience

Gurkha's steering gear box is manufactured by ZF, it's not big deal to get it replaced by ourself.

But it is not possible to tolerate cheating and fraudulent attitude by the dealer, this dealer acts as if he has a licence to do fraud !

Yesterday (1st Nov) they informed as car is ready for collection with all issues rectified, but while test driving itself it failed again with in 1 KM, however we decided to take it back without any intentions to make further claims. But in order to have a documented evidence of whole situation my brother attempted to make a video recording in front of the dealer workshop, and dealer employees acted very weird -
  • They switched of all lights inside their premises, making it total dark to shoot a video
  • They closed the compound gate trapping us inside workshop premises, workshop manager tried to snatch the mobile phone and physically assaulted our friend who was shooting the video.

If they were of no fault, why such attempts? what was they afraid off? The culprits revealed themselves..... !

Hope Force Motors will seriously take up this issue and fix such dealer attitudes if they really want to exist in this market.

After publishing this in social media I was contacted by several of their customers who shared with me same experience, mostly it was theft of batteries.

Last edited by Anil Vincent : 2nd November 2017 at 19:10. Reason: typo error
Anil Vincent is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:55   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover - Dealer Workshop Experience

Quote:
But it is not possible to tolerate cheating and fraudulent attitude by the dealer, this dealer acts as if he has a licence to do fraud !
True that!

But, as you have already experienced, they aren't really the kind of blokes you can trust your car with. Force is least bothered about customer feedbacks. They are just happy selling TTs.

Since you already have a good garage at your disposal, why not maintain it yourself rather than deal with a less than honest or co-operative dealer.

Hope all gets sorted soon, and you start enjoying the G once again!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 10:27   #116
BHPian

Returning to T-bhp after a very long break by chance "clicking on a link" when researching the Gurkha. (was in consideration as a come back to India outdoor car at some stage in life).

What a amazing 5 start thread. The quality of pictures, progress updates, detailing and even the crisp language and description of the journey left me spell bound.

Proves yet again that go east or west, the quality of T-bhp members are a class at par with the best !!

Great job T-bhp for keeping the quality impeccable !
Torque-ative is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 22:19   #117
BHPian

Seems like this unique Gurkha is for sale in the classifieds section. Run only 12000 kms in these 3 years. Any particular reason for sale? It is a beautifully maintained vehicle.
Big Smoke is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks