Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 25th October 2016, 22:49   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)

I recently got the 3rd service of my Vento TSI done through WheelsWisdom. Detailing my experience here.

What they provide.
  • Managed Car Service/Repairs at authorized service centers or third party centers depending on the requirement
  • Used Car Evaluations.
  • Membership Packages.
  • Some more details about the company and offerings in this thread.

Location and Timing
  • Web Based Service only. No App. Currently available in Bangalore.
  • No booking taken for Weekends. Services only on Weekdays.
  • Office Address: S-17, Concourse, International Tech Park Bangalore, Whitefield Road, Bangalore 560066, India. 080-3350-9344

Service Used and Cost
  • Service Assist-Managed Car Service at authorized dealer (In this case Volkswagen Whitefield).
  • Rs 1500 for most regular cars (more on this later).

Why I went with WheelsWisdom
My third service was due in the middle of October. My plan was to do the service in the first week of October. VW owners in Bangalore will know the difficulty in getting a service appointment. There is a typical lead time of 1-2 weeks in both VW Whitefield and Palace Cross. The Dusserha holiday season made it even more difficult. The dates and options that I got did not match with my schedule also. October middle came without me having an appointment. Things did not look good for the rest of the month also and I did not want to delay the service more than a few days beyond the cut off date as I am in extended warranty and did not want to give any chance for VW to reject any future claim citing a delayed service. I did not have any major complaints and the 3rd Service was expected to be a standard one. So reluctantly kind of decided to go with the first available slot and use a dealer pick up and drop facility. Few more challenges came to mind.
  • Fortunately I have had to visit the service center only for service and one ad-hoc visit for brake pad replacement. So three visits over 3 years across 2 centers meant that I did not have an established relationship with a center or an SA.
  • For all my visits I had to push to get the car delivered the same day. Due to the load, they always try to start with 'cannot be delivered today'.
  • Going to VW Palace Cross basically means taking a day off just considering the commute. VW Whitefield is closer, but still means taking a few hours off from work.
  • This thread (Car Servicing: Stay with the car, or just drop it off?) also got me thinking. I typically just drop the car and pick up. And now I was taking another step back.

I had read about WheelsWisdom (In fact had created the thread referenced above after seeing an Ad) and saw good reviews. So then thought-Let me try it out. After all, they promised to do what I can do and also do more.

What they promise to take care of (from Website)
Quote:
Booking cost includes:

1. Our Technical Expertise
2. Cost control
3. Quality control
4. Appointment booking at the service center
5. One month warranty
6. Pickup (by Tech Adviser)
7. Drop (by Tech Adviser)
8. Professional interaction
9. Continuous updates (by Tech Adviser)
10. SMS and Email alerts
11. Payment management
Steps followed
  1. Logged in to the website and selected the relevant option as described above. Entered details about the car and the type of service needed.
  2. There is an option to enter the list of issues faced/ any special requirements etc...
  3. By default they say they will service at the center closest to location or the best one based on their internal ratings. My condition was that I do not want it serviced at Elite Motors Hosur Road.
  4. Selected the date. The date I wanted. 24th October was available. One obvious concern was how they would get an appointment at the service center at short notice (roughly a week). I was half expecting a call indicating that they could not get an appointment. But what I understood is that they do have some sort of a priority engagement in place.
  5. Once submitted and after making the payment of Rs 1500, got a confirmation sms and email about the booking.
  6. The next day got a call to confirm the appointment and the details of service. Was also given the name of the service adviser assigned to my car. Was told he would call me the day before the service to confirm.
  7. Got a call as promised the day before. The SA told me he would be there by 8am.
  8. Arrived promptly at 8am on the day of service. These folks are basically what WheelsWisdom call technical experts and they are kind of similar to the SA’s you see at the center-but supposed to be more knowledgeable and better trained.
  9. The person who turned up had experience with VW and seemed knowledgeable enough. Took a bunch of photos, proceeded to confirm the service requirements and went off with the car. Service had been booked at Apple Auto Whitefield.
  10. Got a message and a call from the SA once the car was checked in for service. Also a confirmation that there are no other items recommended.
  11. By 4.30 got a call that the service was done and the car was being washed. Bill amount was Rs 8300 and this was informed. By 5.30 the SA arrived back with the car. Discussed the bill in detail, requested me to take a test drive.
  12. Car felt pretty good after the service. More smooth than what I have observed after previous visits.
  13. Payment was done via NEFT post this test drive.

Overall, went through pretty smooth. Now, looking at promised vs observed
  • Technical Expertise: The SA seemed to know this work well enough. My service itself did not entail any deep analysis or issues. So the depth of technical expertise was not validated here. For my situation I was satisfied. Would be interesting to see how they manage a major repair.

• Cost Control: The bill of INR 8300 was the lowest among the three services. It was not an exact apple to apple comparison as in the first service I had done Wheel Balancing and Alignment at the time of service and the 2nd service entailed a replacement of a broken lock carrier. In addition personally I know enough to understand the unnecessary stuff that is being pushed. So if you consider all this and look at it, there is still definitely a cost benefit and probably kind of evens out once you consider the 1500 fee(In this particular case). But considering the other benefits, I would say overall this is positive.

• Quality Control: As per their charter, the SA is with the car all through the service. I have no way of validating this, but overall the car feels pretty good and also considering the car was returned by 5.30, points to the fact that the service is followed up well.

• Appointment Booking: A big plus, they did take care of the booking and got it on a date that I wanted.

• Pick Up and Drop: Done as per promised schedule. I have a soft corner for punctuality and was impressed with that here.

• Professional Interaction and Continuous updates: No concerns here. Professional gentleman and got timely updates.

• Payment Management: Was smooth. No cash payments entertained. Has to be NEFT or Credit Card. Was done post-delivery.

• One month warranty: Hope I do not need to invoke this.

Negatives
  • Nothing specific based on my experience. In the feedback call post-delivery, they were a little pushy on feedback. Please give us a 5 star rating types once I told I was happy with the service. Asking for feedback is fine, not good to push for a top rating.

Recommendation
  • If you are a person who always takes the car personally and stays with the car to monitor the work through the service, I dont see a real benefit with this service. Such folks more often than not would have a good relation built with the service center and/or the SA.
  • If you have no clue of what happens in the service center and are tired of the hassles of servicing and unnecessary stuff being pushed, would recommend to try this service.
  • If you are in an in-between state, (like me) some level of knowledge and insights, the service may or may not help depending on your pain points. Worked for me in this case and would try them again.

Some Random Thoughts
  • Currently as I understood it is a small setup. Would be interesting to see how well they scale while adhering to their core values. A lot revolves around the quality and knowledge of the technical advisers they have. Don't want to get into a situation were a poor technical adviser overrules a more experienced mechanic for some repair/replacement.
  • This brings in an additional layer. If something goes wrong I feel it can potentially result in issues as there are 3 parties involved.
  • There is no commission from the dealer and their focus is cost reduction and quality monitoring. I don’t see a reason why Service Centers should patronize them and give them priority. It could bring them some additional business as they will be doing this on weekdays only, but is not a given. The core benefit of cost reduction to the customer hits thee service center in the area they make the most money. Fleecing by pushing unwanted stuff.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 27th October 2016 at 06:20.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 09:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 10:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Service Assist - Managed car servicing from WheelsWisdom.com (Bangalore)

I have used their service for my brother's Honda City which had problems with rat bites.
WW did a fantastic job of getting the car fixed without burning a huge hole in the pocket. This inspite of getting the job done at authorised honda service station.

I highly recommend their service if you are hard pressed for time.
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote