Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 15:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

That's a great setup you have there. Liked the HK amp. Looks neat.
Reg the power to the SUB I would like to add something here.

I too am looking to get the ID subs and have been planning between two 8" or single IDQV3. I emailed Eric Stevens of ID, Usa who is the owner as well, as to which one to choose between two of them for my requirement. Apart from that I asked him how much power to give these subs as I have just 250RMS available under bridgemode. And IDQV310" can handle 500RMS. So my doubt was whether I would under power them.
Here's the reply I got from him,
"You will be fine with either sub at 250 watts. RMS power handling is not a recommended necessary power for your system it is a continuous long term maximum. RMS power is very mis-understood.

The id10 v3 would be probably your best choice at this volume of our current subwoofers, it is actually quite like the IDQ and better than the V.2 in most ways.

Use .5 lb per cuft to start and no more than 1 lb per cuft of polyfill with any of the enclosure options."

Another thing to consider is, it's just about how much power to give to the sub. It also depends on what's your requirement. Whether you want it to blend with Front comps, moderate soft bass, heavy bass, you wanna be heard louder. What matters is how much louder you want them to play. IDQV2 does play low and will play tight under the normal enclosure specification that is metioned in their chart. .75cu.ft will be ideal for it with 300-400RMS of power.

Last edited by Invinsible : 14th May 2009 at 15:52.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:07   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
IMHO get the HK amp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Same opinion. Get HK.
The good Lord knows that that's a good amplifier indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Yeah it sure is looking great, but sourcing this one could be a problem.
Would it be a problem in Chennai? I was given the impression that there are some strong retailers in Chennai.

Also we have a new very active distributor in TN - same people that distribute in Karnataka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Maybe Sam could arrange for a demo of the 7001.
No no, I cannot arrange any demos anywhere.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:23   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Would it be a problem in Chennai? I was given the impression that there are some strong retailers in Chennai.

Also we have a new very active distributor in TN - same people that distribute in Karnataka.
The CA1500 is not present in the Jbl india website and that was the reason I thought it is hard to source one (Thinking it's not imported). I was thinking of getting it from the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
IDQV2 does play low and will play tight under the normal enclosure specification that is metioned in their chart. .75cu.ft will be ideal for it with 300-400RMS of power.
Will there be a problem if I give them 600 Watts at 2 Ohms?

Last edited by sathee46 : 14th May 2009 at 16:26.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:30   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The CA1500 is not present in the Jbl india website and that was the reason I thought it is hard to source one (Thinking it's not imported). I was thinking of getting it from the UK.

I can confirm to you that the distributor in Chennai does have this amplifier in stock. I cannot give you any more commercial information.

Giving more power to a subwoofer is never a problem, if you play sensibly and keep the correct LPF settings. It is in fact much better for the bass to have more power.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which version IDQV2 do you have ? Dual 2 OHM or 4 OHM ?
Old 14th May 2009, 16:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

its a 4 ohms dvc idq v2 version, read some earlier post between hydra and sathee.

like sam said there will be no problem giving them more power, id speaker and subs can take almost the double power of there rated power, and will not harm it only thing you have to keep in mind that the gains are set properly.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Giving more power is definitely good as it would sound little more cleaner. But 600Rms to reach to that point you would really need to go high on volume from you Headunit. 300-400Rms continous power will be much safer. IDQ subs can handle power well but it would depend how you tune your system. As I said if you looking for quality bass 300-400 seems just perfect.
Eric Stevens of Image Dynamics had pointed out that having Continous power in the limit is better than to have more and overkill it. And ya he also mentioned to try and run them more in 4 ohm's rather 2 ohm's as SQ will have better edge on 4 ohms. As per him 300 was the safer limit for IDQ10V2 sub. So, incase of 12" I suppose upto 400 will be best.
The only way you can decide is once you to listen to it and see what volume satisfies your need.

Last edited by Invinsible : 14th May 2009 at 17:02.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:05   #98
BHPian

I have the Dual 4 Ohm IDQV2.

A Small Update, I just enquired the chennai distributor & the amplifier is readily available in chennai. Now it's really tempting to get my hands on the CA1500M
Old 14th May 2009, 17:12   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A Small Update, I just enquired the chennai distributor & the amplifier is readily available in chennai. Now it's really tempting to get my hands on the CA1500M
See? Not so difficult to source now, was it?

Let us know if you decide to get it (naughty boy!) and then your listening experience.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

SATHEE46:
hey can you check if CA280 amp is available or not and for how much? How much can it deliver under bridgemode ?
Old 14th May 2009, 18:00   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SATHEE46:
hey can you check if CA280 amp is available or not and for how much? How much can it deliver under bridgemode ?
CA280 is not sold here.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My current favourite quote: "To deny our impulses is to deny the very things that make us human"
Old 14th May 2009, 18:44   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
My current favourite quote: "To deny our impulses is to deny the very things that make us human"
That is spoken like a True ICE Guru.
Old 14th May 2009, 19:16   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SATHEE46:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
CA280 is not sold here.
Damn, Even i had my eyes on it.
Old 14th May 2009, 19:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Damn, Even i had my eyes on it.
Can it be ordered in grey? or KMD route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks