Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 20:40   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

i have auditioned a 8401 playing a sub and rainbow component up front

the sub was in a sealed box but the bass level still very good

heres a link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...d-finally.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
1st hand experience it can shake all the body panels of an Alto with just 1 sub in ported box!
lol in a ported box it was blowing my hair off

Last edited by manikjeet : 15th December 2008 at 20:48.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 20:42   #47
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Now thats what I wanted. First hand usage report. I am now 100% sure I am getting this one. Thanks Manikjeet.

Any suggestion on the wiring kits ? Of course in the budget thingy.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 09:43   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post

lol in a ported box it was blowing my hair off
Oh really! The last time I heard 8401, it had a mere "mid-oriented" sound.. forget bass or treble.

nitin, I'd seriously suggest you to audition BEFORE buying/finalizing and THEN decide. Also, on a serious note, DONT go to an installer that stocks BOTH 8401 and JBL 504, else you'll never have a true comparison.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 10:48   #49
BHPian
 
cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 297
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Oh really! The last time I heard 8401, it had a mere "mid-oriented" sound.. forget bass or treble.

nitin, I'd seriously suggest you to audition BEFORE buying/finalizing and THEN decide. Also, on a serious note, DONT go to an installer that stocks BOTH 8401 and JBL 504, else you'll never have a true comparison.
Ha Ha.. Here comes panky, now you are bound to change your decision about the 8401 nitin. Guys, but how can the reviews about a same amp vary so much..! some say it rocks, some say it totally sucks! panky, i hope you were not auditioning a defective piece..!

OT: Even I'm thinking of buying an budget SQ amp to power my GT5 co-ax's in my alto since long, but just could not finalize.. I'll ve following this thread closely nitin.

Last edited by cyclops : 16th December 2008 at 10:51.
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 11:07   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Ha Ha.. Here comes panky, now you are bound to change your decision about the 8401 nitin. Guys, but how can the reviews about a same amp vary so much..! some say it rocks, some say it totally sucks! panky, i hope you were not auditioning a defective piece..!.
brother, it all depends upon individual tastes.. good for me doesn't get necessarily mean good for you. my take on this amp is shared by many users on the forum, and having auditioned it myself I can vouch for the fact that its NOT worth.

I'm not commercially involved in selling any audio equipment/services, post my views as a CONSUMER who wants the best buck for the price..

Just audition both the amps yourself, without any "gyaan" and then decide.

Hope it helps!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 11:14   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
DONT go to an installer that stocks BOTH 8401 and JBL 504, else you'll never have a true comparison.
What? So an A/B comparison is also not recommended by you. You prefer listening to the amps in different setups, at different retailers to make your decision?
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 14:08   #52
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Honestly, you guys make me go haywire. I am again thinking of getting a JBL for those NOT SO GOOD reviews about the 8401.

Actually, about the audition, I have not seen a single installer in Gurgaon where they can show the thing working live. Even the Reliance auto s$$$ big time. THose guys will pump the volume hard and then start looking at your face, excepting to see the excitement. Man thats not the quality. At least not for me.

I dont know now how to arrive at a decision. I dont want to wait for too long but seems like I have to.

I cant assume that budget and SQ dont go hand in hand. THere must be one, at least.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:05   #53
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Honestly, you guys make me go haywire. I am again thinking of getting a JBL for those NOT SO GOOD reviews about the 8401.

Actually, about the audition, I have not seen a single installer in Gurgaon where they can show the thing working live. Even the Reliance auto s$$$ big time. THose guys will pump the volume hard and then start looking at your face, excepting to see the excitement. Man thats not the quality. At least not for me.

I dont know now how to arrive at a decision. I dont want to wait for too long but seems like I have to.

I cant assume that budget and SQ dont go hand in hand. THere must be one, at least.
What music do you listen to?
Name of musicians,bands etc will help!
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:15   #54
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Well honestly, I hear all that floats the boat. It depends upon the mood. I listen to everything ranging from classical to R&B hip hop. Groove is what I want. The deep bass. But not at high levels. Its just an alto. I seldom pump up my speakers.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:30   #55
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Well honestly, I hear all that floats the boat. It depends upon the mood. I listen to everything ranging from classical to R&B hip hop. Groove is what I want. The deep bass. But not at high levels. Its just an alto. I seldom pump up my speakers.
Looking at the fact that you already have Polk speakers,i would recommend a kenwood amp.
You can get either amps,both are decent amps but yes,the 8401 is slightly more inclined towards SQ.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:34   #56
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

But the views of Panky (another senior member) are kinda southwards. Thats something thats making me think otherwise.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:54   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,311 Times
Default

taste in music is like taste in food. different people have different preferences. You cant have something that pleases everyone. find someone who has your same taste/preference in music, and listen to their advice.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:05   #58
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 379
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Right now I am seeing 70:30 ratio (likes:dislikes). I guess I should take the risk. I m done with the AMP thing. I wont change now. For sub 5K, 8401 seems reasonable. I'll sell it in case I dont like it.
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:05   #59
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
taste in music is like taste in food. different people have different preferences. You cant have something that pleases everyone. find someone who has your same taste/preference in music, and listen to their advice.
Well put.
Thats one of the reasons why i asked Nitin his music preferences.

@panky:What kind of music do you listen to?
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:22   #60
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Nitin just go and audition the amp's in your car.Do a A/B comparison you will understand the difference in sound and liking according to your taste.

Sound is to be heard and understood .
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which 4x4: 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero Mk2 or 2011 Mahindra Thar CRDe 53BHP 4x4 Vehicles 23 14th March 2015 23:53
Request: User manual, Balupunkt GT4 MK2 nitin.dangayach In-Car Entertainment 5 12th January 2009 23:10
SOLD!!: JBL 15" GT4 1000Watt (Unused) + Blaupunkt GTA480(Used) s0uljah Shifting gears 3 3rd February 2008 18:00
Blaupunkt 4-ch Amp, Blaupunkt ODx 6x9 3-way coaxials & 6.5" 2-way coaxials for sale hydrashok Shifting gears 3 16th March 2007 16:43
TVR Tuscan MK2 Pferdestärke The International Automotive Scene 8 28th May 2004 02:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks