Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 10:37   #5221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
the email appears same as it does in BB.
the internal messenger is an application where in you can chat with any BB customer.
the email on my Sony G900 (Sony proviodes BB Connect for this phone pre installed) does not appear anything like on a BB becuase the formatting gets all messed up and the screen is too small to read. attachments are sometimes ok but sometimes not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Didn't understand this one. Do you mean single hand thumb-typing like on number keypad? Or do you mean 'keyboard size manageable for reaching all keys'? In either case most speed typers use both thumbs. Possible even with a Bold (I have tried).

All smart phones do that now. I think you meant separate areas for header (recipients, subject) and body (main text area)

BB support (with BB Connect) is provided by RIM, and not device manufacturer.

Looks good, however ... US specific model - not available in India!

Tough choice, but I would rather stick to BB.
Yes I meant typing with one thumb. I often do that even without looking at the phone becuase there are only 12 keys to play with it is easy on a G900 or any regular phone. Press '2' 3 times to get 'C'. Ofcoruse I make errors, typing 'J instead of 'K' but the reciever gets the jist of the message.

I got BB Connect on my Sony G900 it was a seperate software from Sony. And on the Sony G900 emails do not look anything like readable unless they are very simple.

E75 Pro: I can use it like a regualr phone with a regualr numeric keypad for 90% of my work and use the slider only when I need to check email.

BB Pro: Everyone I know got one so support will be easy to get. With the E75 I will be alone.

DA, so you do not recommend the BB Tour?

Maybe I get the E75 and then borrow a Bold and 8900 and check them out. If I dont like the E75 I can switch to a BB device. DA will love to have still another phone (the E75) for his collection no? :-)

Last edited by navin : 8th September 2009 at 10:44.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:19   #5222
Senior - BHPian

Sony Ericsson W995

Got myself a Sony Ericsson W995 last weekend. Price INR 22.4K after exchanging my previous Nokia E50.
This is the flagship handset from the Walkman range, and appears to integrate the best of the Walkman and the Cybershot ranges. In addition to providing some really great sound, it also sports an 8.1MP autofocus camera which produces some really good pictures, especially in natural light.
Form and design are absolutely amazing, looks sleek and buttoned down, with a slider design, really compact for all the features it contains.
Pretty happy with the purchae, though it is definitely overpriced. Could have been at least a couple of grands lesser
Old 8th September 2009, 15:24   #5223
BHPian

[quote=shankar.balan;1469737]how do you like the N82?
I use the same one and absolutely love its photographic capabilities.
It is primarily a voice + sms + camera for me with a little bit of internet email thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
My personal phone is a Nokia N82 (voice, occasionally data traffic).
Exactly. I was using an N97 for like just a week and got frustrated with all the hangs and battery pulls. Even updating the firmware didn't help. Now I am back to my good old N82, which has even HTML EMail support. Symbian OS 5th edition does not have html email support yet (aka 5800XM and N97).

Overall I am happy with the N82 though I would like to stick to my BB 8830 but for the access cost. 899 per month (unlimited without tethering) vs 299 per month (200MB with occasional tethering).
Old 8th September 2009, 15:50   #5224
BHPian

I use an iPhone. I recently put dynolicious on it. Planning to use it on my SX4.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:31   #5225
Team-BHP Support

I had a chat with my Vodaphone person. He said the E75 (Nokia) is not supported by the Blackberry service from Vodaphone so I guess it is the Tour/Bold/8900 then.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:55   #5226
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I had a chat with my Vodaphone person. He said the E75 (Nokia) is not supported by the Blackberry service from Vodaphone so I guess it is the Tour/Bold/8900 then.
Im using 8900 and I would recommend it. Very good phone for the price. Good cam, expandable memory etc
Old 10th September 2009, 12:39   #5227
Team-BHP Support

F50, what scares me is them 35 keys vs 12 on a regular phone. I tried typing SMSes on a Bold and it was terrible compared to any 12 key phone. I hoped the E75 would be supported so I could get the best of both worlds - a 12 key and a 35 key keypad.

BTW what does Vodaphone have to do to support Blackberry push email on a Noika E75? Is it even possible
Old 10th September 2009, 21:06   #5228
Senior - BHPian

Mobile within 5-7K

A friend needs to buy a Mobile phone within 5-7K budget. His needs are following:

1. 3-4 hours talk time
2. Ability to store 500 messages in Inbox
3. ok ok camera 2MP will be good
4. Good basic functions like MP3 player, radio blah blah

Proffered brands: Nokia, Sony, Samsung.

Avoiding Sony's phones with joystick!
Old 10th September 2009, 21:12   #5229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
A friend needs to buy a Mobile phone within 5-7K budget. His needs are following:

1. 3-4 hours talk time
2. Ability to store 500 messages in Inbox
3. ok ok camera 2MP will be good
4. Good basic functions like MP3 player, radio blah blah

Proffered brands: Nokia, Sony, Samsung.

Avoiding Sony's phones with joystick!
Nokia 5310 Xpress Music without a doubt!
Old 10th September 2009, 21:33   #5230
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
F50, what scares me is them 35 keys vs 12 on a regular phone. I tried typing SMSes on a Bold and it was terrible compared to any 12 key phone. I hoped the E75 would be supported so I could get the best of both worlds - a 12 key and a 35 key keypad.
Oh you'll get used to the keys unless you are used to using dictionary. But typing on this phone is fun but I somehow now feel bored of typing each alphabet.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:44   #5231
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am finally planning to upgrade my mobile phone.

My requirements:(apart from making/receiving calls)
1. Descent camera
2. Replacement for my Sandisk Sansa MP3 player ie Mp3 playback capability
3. Capability to read pdfs.
4. Bluetooth headset support.

Good to have features:
1. Touchscreen
2. Capability to create excel documents.
3. 3.5mm jack to connect it to my music system.
4. Nokia

Budget:14k

I have shortlisted Nokia 5800 XM (13.6k) and Samsung Star(10k).

Note: Up until now I have managed to keep myself away from the world of mobiles costing more than 3k, so have no idea of what all "good to have features" these mobile have.

Once I finalize the mobile, I shall be back with loads of very dumb questions...

Regards,
Old 11th September 2009, 11:18   #5232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Oh you'll get used to the keys unless you are used to using dictionary. But typing on this phone is fun but I somehow now feel bored of typing each alphabet.
Sorted this out. I am going to get a Bold with BB connect and a E75 with Vodaphone connect. My IT gfuys got fed up with my crankyness and are now going to get me 2 phones. After trying both I keep whichever I like better and some poor sod gets the other phone.

Vodaphone Connect Unlimited plan is Rs. 799 per month = Rs. 9600 per year. BB Connect Unlimted is Rs. 7999 per year. So that is the only difference.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:25   #5233

Samsung Jet

I have got sick of my E71 breaking down much too often with keyboard problems. Need to migrate to a phone which has features like email , elementary browsing good sound etc. BB are too bulky and I dont feel that push mails are a big deal. Anybody owns a Samsung Jet. Around 20k seems to be a good deal. will it be a robust phone? I can go for omnia2 or I phone but am a stickler for VFM. Pls advise friends.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:28   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Hi guys,

I am finally planning to upgrade my mobile phone.

My requirements:(apart from making/receiving calls)
1. Descent camera
2. Replacement for my Sandisk Sansa MP3 player ie Mp3 playback capability
3. Capability to read pdfs.
4. Bluetooth headset support.

Good to have features:
1. Touchscreen
2. Capability to create excel documents.
3. 3.5mm jack to connect it to my music system.
4. Nokia

Budget:14k

I have shortlisted Nokia 5800 XM (13.6k) and Samsung Star(10k).

Note: Up until now I have managed to keep myself away from the world of mobiles costing more than 3k, so have no idea of what all "good to have features" these mobile have.

Once I finalize the mobile, I shall be back with loads of very dumb questions...

Regards,
you could get a good windows mobile phone (from htc) which can do much more than above features - ofcourse you have to let go of your nokia loyalties
Old 11th September 2009, 11:49   #5235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you could get a good windows mobile phone (from htc) which can do much more than above features - ofcourse you have to let go of your nokia loyalties
I am not loyal to myself..forget about nokia.
Which HTC phone under 14k??
I was under the impression that HTC phones are all above 20k.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks