Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 08:59   #6721
BHPian

@agspins,

Welcome to the club
Are you able to connect using gprs? for me its always trying to connect using wifi. i have tried both voda and idea sims with gprs settings installed. Also turned on 'use packet data' option. I have turned wifi off. but when trying to connect mostly it askes me to connect to wifi and very rarely says- "wifi unavilable use packet data?" when i confirm, i get an internal error
Old 1st August 2010, 12:48   #6722
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Still waiting for the Anodized aluminum alloy Nokia N8, with the 12-megapixel Carl-Zeiss Tessar and Xenon flash.

Want to experience the 680 MHz CPU and HDMI video with DVD quality DivX/XviD video.

I believe the phone will not be launched by Ganesh Chaturthi, but definitely before the start of Navratri. Expected street price at launch is Rs. 27,000.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:20   #6723
Senior - BHPian

@Rajesh I connected via Edge/GPRS, haven't yet tried Wi-fi.The problem with Wave is that it cannot be connected to Kies via Bluetooth, first i thought it was just me, later i googled and found it is a problem everywhere.i am very much new to Samsung, after using Nokia for 10 years its pretty odd to see a latest product from a major maker coming with such a problem.

@Ram sir it is expected to be launched by 3rd quarter, i read somewhere it will be priced around 23k, if so will again switch back to my all time fav Nokia.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:38   #6724
BHPian

@agspins, yes. tried with an airtel sim and immedietely got connected thru edge. still not possible thru voda. happy that its not an issue with phone
Old 1st August 2010, 23:11   #6725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
1. How is the response of the capacitive touch screen ? Is it similar to iphone ?

for touch screen accuracy & response, the x6 is not as good as the iphone by far. Perfectly usable though...
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:03   #6726
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

I looked at 'LG choclate' model, today. Is it good and are there any better options available than it in the same price range? Besides, I also liked Samsung Monte.
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:37   #6727
Senior - BHPian

This Kies thing from Samsung is absolute crap, been facing problems from day one.First there was no bluetooth connectivity, now i am not able to install apps through Kies(should be called Kaos), it cannot detect phone when phone is connected.i tried to update firmware, it crawled on broadband connection and after an hour ended up with a error.
In three days i am seriously annoyed by erratic Kies, will visit Samsung service center tomorrow, if the issue is resolved okay, otherwise i am exchanging it for a HTC.

Last edited by agspins : 3rd August 2010 at 00:42.
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:24   #6728
BHPian

Just one question to all android folks. How many Android phones in the current market will support Gingerbread and what is those cost of these phones? That only means a person who will buy an android phone without being aware of what is in store for him, will be stuck. And other than Google's Nexus one, what's the guarantee that an android phone that I buy will be supported by the company in future?
Samsung has released wave and galaxy S, and if they want to promote Bada OS, they will concentrate doing more of Bada OS work than supporting android phones. Already seen that happening with Broad II, right? It's only logical. You may pitch in with XDA developers and so on, apple has them too . Jailbreak your phone and it opens a whole different world.

Take another phone Sony Xperia X10i, the resolution is so bad, even apps won't work on them!!! And we only hear that 2.1 will be released, but god knows when, may be when we all see 4.0, it might get 2.1.

I have seen many people support opensource, and it's good, but why are you supporting it? How is it helping you? Does that mean, will you stop using pirated softwares and use only opensource stuff? Are you contributing to the opensource and how is it changing your life?

Take the iPhone, even a 2g can support ios 4, the only limitation being the RAM on it. Beat that, a 2007 phone can support an OS released in 2010. Where as in android, a 2010 phone may not even support an OS released in 2010/11 .

Pho3nix,
I might agree with you on the first point, but second point is not something I would agree with. It was started by Nokia with their PC suite, heck, not Nokia, even my XDA II required MS active sync! Now, every phone requires to run their own software to sync anything and everything.

As far as criticism goes, it's their choice. What's wrong with dismissing criticism? And let me be very honest, most critics again hate apple, because of the fanboys and are somehow jealous that their favorite phone company isn't able to deliver what apple is delivering. If you don't like a device, don't buy it, why take a dig at others who want to?.

Jassi,
If I may, what are the better choices? Google Nexus one will never be released in India and we don't have friggin clue about when HTC desire will hit the market. Samsung Galaxy S build has a lot to be desired. Moto milestone is heavy. If you don't need an app to run youtube videos, why is it included in the android phones? Isn't it a waste of resources? Why mimick the iphone when you think it's no competition at all (phone in question is the samsung galaxy s, which not only looks like an iPhone, some of the color combinations will definitely make people think it is one!). Why include a trackball on nexus one when it doesn't add any value what so ever? :/ And as I have mentioned earlier, if you are a gamer, be ready for suprises as the touch screen on nexus one acts crazy in a particular condition.

A request to all, would like you guys to counter argue with facts. It only helps a buyer who will come to this thread understand the positives and negatives of a phone and will be able to make an informed decision. All I see is people complaining that apple has a lot of fanboys and are not ok with them.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:23   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hello,

I looked at 'LG choclate' model, today. Is it good and are there any better options available than it in the same price range? Besides, I also liked Samsung Monte.

I am still waiting for replies.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:35   #6730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
raj_5004 : Samsung C3212 - Rs. 3500/-
Samsung C5212 - Rs. 4800/-
Raj, thanks. Any reviews on the 5212 ? Ease of use between the SIMs and reliability ?
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:54   #6731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I am still waiting for replies.
The screen is good and the overall looks are nice but you will be disappointed with the UI for sure. If your budget is close to 17k's buy the Samsung Wave eyes closed.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:31   #6732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, thanks. Any reviews on the 5212 ? Ease of use between the SIMs and reliability ?
Parwath bhai, Samsung's are the only phones, where you can use your both sims simultaneously and are pretty reliable.BTW if you are looking for high end Dual sim phone then wait for Samsung b7722.
Old 4th August 2010, 13:35   #6733
Senior - BHPian

@ condor: buddy, samsungs are the best phones for Dual Sims as of today. they have the best reliability & dual sim usability.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:49   #6734
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys tried any trick for removing the scratches on your mobile screens? I know how to prevent it with films, but what about the ones that already exist? I read somewhere that using toothpaste on screen helps! Did anybody try this?
Old 4th August 2010, 18:34   #6735
Senior - BHPian

Help - Samsung Corby Pro

Hiya Mates,

Lately, my wife saw someone in her office use the Corby Pro and was raving about it for a couple of days [no more now, but she really liked it]. I don't know why she's taken after that phone, since she didn't fancy the HTC S710 I had.

Anyway, decided that I'm buying her the phone for her b'day this month. Can I please request your assistance here, to help me find a good store where I can source it at a price lower than 9.5K, if possible [I haven't hunted stores yet but lowest price seen this far is 9.8K at Univercell].

I would greatly appreciate if anyone in Bangalore can help me identify a good shop where I can buy a genuine piece with B&W, under 9.5K. If it's matters, I live near the HAL Old airport road.

Many thanks ppl.
ajay K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks