Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 18:46   #331
BHPian

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I was thinking the same, but rather than spending on 2 cases, why not buy 1. I have seen many cases which are similar to Smart cover and it does cover for the back too, but not sure which is good, moreover all the case I have seen are available in the US. I have to ship them.
I feel how do you use the IPAD answers your question. If you are comfortable holding it or resting on a flat surface then I would suggest you to buy a sleeve, as this solves your purpose.

Smart cover on the other hand provides you different ways of resting IPAD and covers the most important part, the screen. One get's a slight inclination or a stand to make it look as if it docked, makes IPAD to watch movies or work fun.
Old 29th August 2011, 22:24   #332
Senior - BHPian

There are plenty of good covers. You must visit a site called ipaded.net

Choose the cover you deem most useful as per your conditions. However, I suggest a sleeve and smart cover combo. Enjoy!
Old 31st August 2011, 08:15   #333
BHPian

Thanks guys, it seems many are inclined towards the smart cover and sleeve combo. Let me hunt for it in our local stores and decide.
Old 31st August 2011, 09:58   #334
BANNED

Thanks for all the help guys. I finally do have an ipad with a smart cover. Couple of doubts.

1. How does one clean the outer surface of the smart cover?

2. Any tips to keep the screen clean? Coz all the grease that has ever come in contact with my hands, leaves marks on it. :P

3. I was stupid enough to not get a hdmi adapter from the US, whats the cost in India? Also I hope it plays sound also coz my friend's macbook hdmi adapter only displays images/videos without the accompanied sound
Old 31st August 2011, 14:35   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101
Thanks for all the help guys. I finally do have an ipad with a smart cover. Couple of doubts.

1. How does one clean the outer surface of the smart cover?

2. Any tips to keep the screen clean? Coz all the grease that has ever come in contact with my hands, leaves marks on it. :P

3. I was stupid enough to not get a hdmi adapter from the US, whats the cost in India? Also I hope it plays sound also coz my friend's macbook hdmi adapter only displays images/videos without the accompanied sound
Congratulations.
1. Clean it with water/Colin anything. It's easy to maintain. I am talking of PU variety, leather needs leather polish and cleaner. Its the inside I am worried about.
2. Colin/water works for me. It's glass so don't worry about the damage.
3. Do share the information with us.
Old 9th September 2011, 11:35   #336
BHPian

Is there a LAN cable adapter for the I-pad, i travel frequently and most hotels only provide a LAN connection

or i should carry a compact wifi router, does any one know of a compact wifi router.

And what about USB adapter, i would like to connect my External HDD for movies, is that possible and what file types can be played on I-Pad

Thx

Srisha
Old 9th September 2011, 15:12   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
HD adapter if you have a LCD screen for fun, charges the iPad at same time.
I checked the indian apple store and can see only the dock connector to VGA. When i visited the US store, there was the digital AV connector. Any ideas, if this digital connector is available in India/Chennai?
Old 9th September 2011, 21:24   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
I checked the indian apple store and can see only the dock connector to VGA. When i visited the US store, there was the digital AV connector. Any ideas, if this digital connector is available in India/Chennai?
Sorry, no idea, have not visited the Indian store/physical store to buy anything apple. I got mine from US. The HD version had the connection for HDMI cable and the regular 32 pin apple connector. VGA connector is also great if you do not have the urgent need for charge. I use VGA more as it's necessary for projector more than the HDMI cable one.

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2011, 08:51   #339
BHPian

Hi guys i need your valuable input. Planning to get an ipad 2 and lately i see a lot light bleed issues with the current ipad 2 stock. Should i wait it out for light bleed to get rectified or is it a very trivial/rare issue?
Old 11th September 2011, 09:05   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009
Hi guys i need your valuable input. Planning to get an ipad 2 and lately i see a lot light bleed issues with the current ipad 2 stock. Should i wait it out for light bleed to get rectified or is it a very trivial/rare issue?
It is trivial and auto corrects itself. Go ahead and pick up one.
Old 11th September 2011, 09:59   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009
Light bleed is trivial.
But if I were you, I will wait for the new one coming up with an improved screen and new version OS.

I have a few question for the gurus.

Q1: I have bought a wireless keyboard and it works fine but does not work for brightness and volume controls. How do I correct this?
Q2: The Ipod touch I have does not show the wireless keyboard. What to do?
Q3: The iPod and iPad can not share the AirPlay, what am I missing?

Thanks!
Old 20th September 2011, 13:15   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Also I hope it plays sound also coz my friend's macbook hdmi adapter only displays images/videos without the accompanied sound
Cant clear your other doubts, but your friends problem has a solution i believe. Once connected via hdmi, he needs to open system preferences, click on sound, and then select hdmi output. The sound will be transmitted through hdmi after that. I had the same problem on my macbook pro and it was resolved using this simple tip.

Hope that helps!
Old 20th September 2011, 20:22   #343
Senior - BHPian

MacBook shortcut: When one clicks (holding the Option/Alt key) on the Speaker symbol on the top bar AND the HDMI is connected to the TV, the name of the the TV connected to (say Panasonic TV) shows up in the Output list. Just select that. As soon as the TV is switched off, or the HDMI connector is disconnected, the output reverts to Internal Speakers.

The HDMI interface for iPad costs ~1.6K (AFAIR. The Macbook version costs 2.2K) at Apple store or Reliance. Unlike the MacBook one, the iPad one doesn't suffer from Output Identity Crisis .

Last edited by DerAlte : 20th September 2011 at 20:28.
Old 20th September 2011, 21:09   #344
BHPian

I pad ed and apple tv ed !

Picked up an apple tv, but no wifi singal in the living room. Have to wait till the weekend to relocate the router and explore it.

its just tuesday
Old 21st September 2011, 15:16   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Thanks guys, it seems many are inclined towards the smart cover and sleeve combo. Let me hunt for it in our local stores and decide.
Sorry, I might already be late.

I have put:
1. ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD for iPad 2 Wi-Fi/3G Maximum Pack: surrounds the iPad with protective cover all-round
2. Belkin's Apple iPAD2 3G Wifi SMART Premium Cover Case: a foldable black cover with Apple logo This also helps the iPad to stand up when I am using it as a digital photo album or watching a movie
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks