Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Yes, it is the xl variant without the music system. The XV comes with music system and all 4 power windows. Thats another 40k more.
Please do pen down a comparison with the Brio. Would help many a customer.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Please do pen down a comparison with the Brio. Would help many a customer.
True, Also attach comparison pictures between Brio and Micra Active.

I would definitely recommend you the Micra Active, Reasons:

Better Agility

Better Ride quality

More large and more space at the rear

More boot space.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:18   #63
BHPian

looks interesting and I had sold my second car-ertiga.. my wife was interested with i10 but this seems to be a very good choice..buy MICRA ACTIVE and few more makeup will get this look much much better.
Old 25th July 2013, 13:49   #64
BHPian

Have booked the Micra Active XE from Ritu Nissan , Thane .

This car is for my wife and i like the overall packaging of the Micra Active and the Dealership experience while checking the Car was very good.

I prefer the old Micra Look, especially the Nissan Logo on the Bonnet and not on the Grill that the Facelift has .

Delivery is in 20 days as per the dealer.
FastLove is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 12:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Have booked the Micra Active XE from Ritu Nissan , Thane .
Congrats! Did you manage any discounts on it? They dont even have a corporate discount now.
Old 29th July 2013, 19:08   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post

Congrats! Did you manage any discounts on it? They dont even have a corporate discount now.
Absolutely no discount. They are giving some stuff like free mats and mud flaps
FastLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 12:01   #67
BHPian

Just got my deposit refund.

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en...ed&v=133247963
Old 10th August 2013, 16:59   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Why the refund? And I cannot understand the purpose of the link.
Old 10th August 2013, 17:07   #69
BHPian

I just did a TD of the micra active and seriously considering buying it for my parents. But while braking there was a tug on the gear lever. Is this common in micra ? I dint ike the shift either, its not very precise like brio, ritz etc. Can any existing micra customer confirm if this is common ? And also the GC of 154 cm is scaring me. Otherwise the car seemed ok.
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 17:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
I just did a TD of the micra active and seriously considering buying it for my parents. But while braking there was a tug on the gear lever. Is this common in micra ? I dint ike the shift either, its not very precise like brio, ritz etc. Can any existing micra customer confirm if this is common ? And also the GC of 154 cm is scaring me. Otherwise the car seemed ok.

Yes the tug happens, it is pretty common, it happens even in my Sunny. The gearshift too is pretty but it gets slick at the long term, Go ahead and buy the Micra Active!
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 18:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Why the refund? And I cannot understand the purpose of the link.
Sorry for the short post, was pressed for time. Received a call saying my variant was not being produced anymore (see the link above with this text: The production of Nissan Micra Active XE has been stopped and they cannot deliver the vehicle to us. 2. Nissanindia Facebook site)

Was told I could upgrade to XV by paying 60000/= more or cancel my booking. I opted for the latter.

Does anyone know why the manufacture of some variants are being stopped?

Last edited by proton : 10th August 2013 at 18:26. Reason: Added text
Old 10th August 2013, 18:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

What is with this stopping of Active XE model and parts unavailability on the Facebook link provided above?

Is there a real issue with parts unavailability? If yes, why is it so? Any insider info?
Old 14th August 2013, 13:47   #73
BHPian

Had a test drive of the brio last weekend. The biggest plus point of the brio is the engine and the rear seat which is definitely better than the micra active.
The test drive vehicle had a very hard clutch, I was told since its 40K kms and is abused, the clutch is this hard and its not the case with new cars.

The plus point towards the micra: the driving position of micra is spot on and everyone who drove it seemed to be very comfortable with it. The ride is ages ahead and is not as harsh as brio. Boot space also tilts the decision to Micra's favour.

To top it all, the attitude of magnum honda was the deal breaker to me. First of all they were not very keen on selling the EX, and after the test drive, they said they have the silver colour only, take it or leave it! No option to book the car either -- Case closed.

The only confusion is whether this car will serve me for atleast 10 years (In this aspect I cannot think beyond Maruti Suzuki )
Old 12th September 2013, 00:43   #74
BHPian

Got delivery of my turquoise blue micra active xe on 21st august. As of today have done 475km with a single full tank and the fuel indicator shows 2bars left and range of 42kms. Avg shown on MID is 14kmpl. Wife has done most of the driving and with full AC within city . I Had challenged her to keep the avg on MID above 14kmpl which she has so far managed.

My other car is a 4.5yr old linea which I have clocked 87000+ km

Micra positives are :
1.the looks
2. fuel economy
3. Good build quality and fittings (active xe costs just 4.07lacs OTR)

Negatives :
1.gear shift never feels smooth
2. Engine noise very prominent
3. 13" wheels

Overall, happy with the small beauty as it does what it was bought for and in a cute little package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post

Sorry for the short post, was pressed for time. Received a call saying my variant was not being produced anymore (see the link above with this text: The production of Nissan Micra Active XE has been stopped and they cannot deliver the vehicle to us. 2. Nissanindia Facebook site)

Was told I could upgrade to XV by paying 60000/= more or cancel my booking. I opted for the latter.

Does anyone know why the manufacture of some variants are being stopped?

When I was at the dealership to take delivery of my car, my sales contact told me that Micra active now has a waiting period of 8 months . I was shocked to hear that. I asked him why are you guys sitting here? Just to inform people that no more bookings for micra? Why would nissan launch a car and then not produce enough to deliver?

Now,as i understand, it's a planned strategy to have an entry level base cost that's mouth-watering enough to get the customers to the showroom. Next thing is to ask you to upgrade or cancel as waiting period is suddenly very long.

Ford is right now doing exactly the same in a bigger way with the success of ecosport. No one's going to see the 5.6 lac ecosport

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th September 2013 at 06:28. Reason: Back to back posts.
FastLove is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 01:33   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

When I was at the dealership to take delivery of my car, my sales contact told me that Micra active now has a waiting period of 8 months . I was shocked to hear that. I asked him why are you guys sitting here? Just to inform people that no more bookings for micra? Why would nissan launch a car and then not produce enough to deliver?

Now,as i understand, it's a planned strategy to have an entry level base cost that's mouth-watering enough to get the customers to the showroom. Next thing is to ask you to upgrade or cancel as waiting period is suddenly very long.

Ford is right now doing exactly the same in a bigger way with the success of ecosport. No one's going to see the 5.6 lac ecosport
Yeah dude.u r right. I never thought that way. Thanks.
Still I believe Indian customers are smart enough to cancel the booking and go home with a tainted Nissan image. I think its a reason why Maruti is the market leader.

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th September 2013 at 06:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks