Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 16:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

torque the reason for my query is to just understand when they are launching probably and with what features. somehow it will be only 9+ i think and for the differential of 1 lac i can pay that for fuel atleast. i wish sedans start becoming lower in prices. paying 8+ lacs is not everyone's forte (so also mine, i was simply awed at sx4, so i went in) - perhaps if and when i give the sx4 away, it would be a palio 1.6 for me next time, if its there by then with 16 valves! i cant own a vtec but atleast a similar pleasure is available at lower costs! who knows by then you would probably have 2 seaters in india, small cars, or even better revas etc. bangalore traffic is enough to reduce your mortality rate by 1/3rd with that kind of stress and noise.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:58   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i happened to finally read the autocar this month. they say next month the honda city will be launched with VTEC engine in GXI and airbags and abs, all for 20k extra? is this really true? can anyone comment on this? which means a VTEC for 8.75-ish on the road bangalore?

that sounds juicy ...
If this is true, this would amount to an admission that Honda has been busy pulling the wool over the eyes of the past/current NHC customers.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:04   #168
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
If this is true, this would amount to an admission that Honda has been busy pulling the wool over the eyes of the past/current NHC customers.
whats wrong in that ?as long as there is no competion for a product, a manufacturer can sell it at a premium.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
it would be a palio 1.6 for me next time, if its there by then with 16 valves! .... bangalore traffic is enough to reduce your mortality rate by 1/3rd with that kind of stress and noise.
Hey Geek, couple of thoughts:
  1. I thought the Palio 1.6 has 16 valves. It does not?
  2. I thought that Bangalore traffic increases one's mortality rate.

Also, I don't think the SX4 will disappoint you in anyway. Most of us here place too much importance on performance, are too finicky when it comes to the colour of the seats etc etc. But at the end of the day if the car you buy is a faithful companion to you, what more can you ask for? I am sure the car you are going to buy is an awesome choice. There will always be the better car, but it is all in the future and there should be no regrets. Right now the SX4 is there in front of potential buyers, so let us judge it on its merits - superb VFM. If and when the New New New Honda City comes we will judge on its merits. Enjoy maadi.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:10   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik
voted for honda though i booked sx4! honda is a honda, but it could end up pricey! my next car would be a honda vtec.
Hmmm, lusting for one and marrying another. Man, there's only 1 life and why compromise for the short time you are here ? If you really like the Vtec (though I find it hard to see why, given the SX4 specs), stretch ur budget and go for it. A lakh more maybe, thats all it takes. Why buy something and then drool over the NHC passing by ?

I was in your situation some 2 years ago, and the NHC's looks (or lack of it) helped me make the decision. Nice car the NHC, but did not feel it worth the premium. But for each his own.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:45   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmmm, lusting for one and marrying another. Man, there's only 1 life and why compromise for the short time you are here ? If you really like the................
SB, reminds me of our members reply, when I decided to go for Zen with my full heart to OHC. But ended up with Swift is a different story. I am a happy customer and never regret my (team-bhp) decision.

Having said that there will be always a empty feel at heart for not owning one (OHC) ( no plans to purchase one, even if its affordable, as almost 4 yrs passed after discontinuing the beauty)
Old 6th June 2007, 21:43   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
SB, reminds me of our members reply, when I decided to go for Zen with my full heart to OHC. But ended up with Swift is a different story. I am a happy customer and never regret my (team-bhp) decision.

Having said that there will be always a empty feel at heart for not owning one (OHC) ( no plans to purchase one, even if its affordable, as almost 4 yrs passed after discontinuing the beauty)
Almost similar from my side too. After I bought SX4, for few days, I used to like NHC look still and I quite didn't like SX4's back view especially. But ,later when I saw an SX4 on road going in front of me, MAN! It looked gigantic and it was my happiest moment for reason that I bought SX4 (waiting for more SX4 to be seen on roads).

Now, I am completely satisfied with SX4, no matter what more features to be introduced in NHC (anyway I will go for another car only after 4-6 years, by then I would have so many new ones to look at).
Old 9th June 2007, 22:27   #173
Senior - BHPian

With the honda civic,just leather,fog lamps and side indicators and what a whopping price increase,so do you suppose Honda would actually give all this for just 20k more.

With my limited understanding of honda functioning,what I have seen is worldwide they do not mind playing second fiddle and are not very keen on being the segment leader[I maybe wrong].Honda is not known as an aggressive market player and this strategy also has its benefits.India so far has been an exception mainly due to lack of proper competition.So unless there is a drastic fall in NHC sales would Honda actually go in for desperate measures.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 9th June 2007 at 22:28.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:33   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
With the honda civic,just leather,fog lamps and side indicators and what a whopping price increase,so do you suppose Honda would actually give all this for just 20k more.

With my limited understanding of honda functioning,what I have seen is worldwide they do not mind playing second fiddle and are not very keen on being the segment leader[I maybe wrong].Honda is not known as an aggressive market player and this strategy also has its benefits.India so far has been an exception mainly due to lack of proper competition.So unless there is a drastic fall in NHC sales would Honda actually go in for desperate measures.
Well, they have no option, 3000 people have gone for SX4 means, 3000 less Citys being sold by Honda is it? Civic sells 2000 per month so the City sells much more, i am sure of the 3000SX4 buyers, atleast 2250 would have bought the City EXi/GXi had the SX4 not been launched.
Old 10th June 2007, 09:34   #175
Senior - BHPian

If the ZXI is the one most are buying, a good number of these are from the NHC EXi territory! The VXi is to lure folks from the low end Verna/Fiesta/Aveo.

When are Honda announcing these changes?
Old 10th June 2007, 09:55   #176
Senior - BHPian

maruti might have sold 3000 sx4's but the zxi variant and swift diesel still seems to have delivery issues.

i am sure honda wont have this problem!
Old 10th June 2007, 17:20   #177

sx4 mileage got 13.9 kpl while going to goa???
Old 11th June 2007, 15:30   #178
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
maruti might have sold 3000 sx4's but the zxi variant and swift diesel still seems to have delivery issues.
Thats because they undermined the response of the fully-loaded ZXi variant. VXis are available off the shelf, but the ZXi has wait periods.

WRT the Swift...well, they still are limited to the engine supply. This is expected to change real soon.
Old 11th June 2007, 15:49   #179
BHPian

Its june already and still no sign of the NHC with ABS/airbags....

Is it really coming this year ? or will it be launched along with the all new NHC next year
Old 11th June 2007, 16:39   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is expected to change real soon.
Are they doing something about it ? when is this expected ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks