Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 16:59   #151

beg to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Compare the SX4 and the NHC and then let us know how Suzuki is lagging when it comes to the creature comforts you mentioned.
errr, no quite. having sat and driven a brand new sx4 for the last one week, i'll have to say, honda is honda is honda. as much as i praise the pricing of the sx4 and the safety features they have put in, but the comfort levels, quality of finish and ride in the nhc zx is much much more higher.

i don't know why this sx4's air conditioning isn't quite there, even though it is 100+ bhp. nhc with 78 bhp has much better cooling. and trust me, in delhi you need it. maybe its a new car thats why, i don't know.

another point where nhc scores is seating. all of you guys who have not yet sat in the backseat with 2 others, MUST DO IT. it is absolutely pathetic. very uncomfy. i know i know, how people put 5 in their cars, right ? well, i do once in a while and there is no way i'm gonna put my family through this arduous and strenous ride.

what i'm basically saying is, there is a reason why honda charges a premium. it might not be in your face (read steering controls, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Though looks like this situation will soon have to change.
again, have serious doubts. what sx4 WILL do is make honda put abs on the nhc, maybe throw in cosmetic look changes, and blast off into the distance with their sales figures.

remember one thing, "pehle saal sab gadiyan achchi hoti hai. uske baad apne asli roop mein aati hain." (roughly translated: in the first year, all cars seem good. its after that you see them in the true colors). i know from personal experience that atleast the swift (on the same platform as sx4) has had its interiors gone awry after 10K kms, problems with windows, clutch, what not. i know this is a different car we are talking about, but its MUL. i think we should wait and see what sx4 is doing in may 2008. nhc has been able to rule (albeit without much competition) for years and years.

ok, 'nuff said. bring on the brickbats
Old 25th May 2007, 18:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, iron_man, if you read my post properly, all I said was to ask unigen to compare cars from the same segment and then post his comments. I did not say that the SX4 is better or the NHC is better. Infact I am not sure which one is better in ride, comfort etc as I have not even TD-ed the SX4. If everything works out, maybe this weekend should be having a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_man
errr, no quite. having sat and driven a brand new sx4 for the last one week, i'll have to say, honda is honda is honda. as much as i praise the pricing of the sx4 and the safety features they have put in, but the comfort levels, quality of finish and ride in the nhc zx is much much more higher.
Some value comfort, others finish, still others the latest gizmos, while some value safety - to each his own. For you maybe ride is important, but if I were shelling out 7-odd lakhs, I would expect some safety features and NHC is not there yet. Reason enough for me to stay away, if I were in the market.

Quote:
what i'm basically saying is, there is a reason why honda charges a premium. it might not be in your face (read steering controls, etc.)
I already mentioned the reason - brand image and subsequent demand. And it is not really about the soul (what soul in a spaceship-esque city runabout ?) or having the fueltank under the seat (literally ie).

Quote:
again, have serious doubts. what sx4 WILL do is make honda put abs on the nhc, maybe throw in cosmetic look changes, and blast off into the distance with their sales figures.
Time will tell. The Fiesta-D is already nipping at their heels. A little help from the SX4 could do wonders.

Quote:
remember one thing, "pehle saal sab gadiyan achchi hoti hai. uske baad apne asli roop mein aati hain." i know this is a different car we are talking about, but its MUL. nhc has been able to rule (albeit without much competition) for years and years.
How long has Honda been here ? Like 10 years max ? I have been using Suzuki cars for 22 years and with the +ve experience that I have had, I dont think I need to listen to some Hindi kahawat that is without basis given the kind of cars we have today, except maybe one or two brands.

Quote:
ok, 'nuff said. bring on the brickbats
Nah, wrong thread. For that you will have to post in one of those 'F' threads and you will get brickbats and more.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 25th May 2007 at 18:28.
Old 25th May 2007, 21:32   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Perhaps he meant "he thinks" it will, or he has a hunch it will. Just like we believe it to be otherwise.
C'mon Wolf - get to the tracks and show them man.
I swear Im waiting to draw the first blood while they are busy blowing trumpets!!! The predecessor died trying, lets see how much life does the brand new maruti invention have in it

I have been hearing too many running in circles and cones...its about time we confront hard coded facts on whats capable of what!!!
Old 25th May 2007, 21:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Let SX4 draw circles around NHC. Or let VTEC draw cones around SX4 - between SX4 & NHC, which is a better passenger car?
Old 25th May 2007, 21:55   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I have a feeling we wont get the airbags just the ABS. the cost involved to incorporate the airbags will be too high. they will have to change the dash board design. the second glovebox will go and the steering also needs to change to the thailand spec. ABS is easier to fit the kit.

NHC has a twin glove box. When you implement airbags, you lose the upper one which will house the airbag. The steering wheel is already designed to accept airbags.
Old 25th May 2007, 22:19   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I swear Im waiting to draw the first blood while they are busy blowing trumpets!!! The predecessor died trying, lets see how much life does the brand new maruti invention have in it

I have been hearing too many running in circles and cones...its about time we confront hard coded facts on whats capable of what!!!
Me too.. In fact i was the one who had advised that we have this showdown and let the cars talk about it instead of us drawing first second blood..

Godfather

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2007 at 02:01. Reason: quoted comment deleted
Old 25th May 2007, 22:42   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Well I am talking about Honda and not the dealers... I or my dad personally dont know any Honda dealers or Mr.Nobunari Matsusheta so cant comment on how much they are milking the customer for...
LOLzzzzzzzz... some one pick me up and put me on my seat pleeez!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2007 at 02:01. Reason: quoted post edited
Old 25th May 2007, 22:52   #158
Senior - BHPian

I think it's time to call a certian recently-married rally driver to settle all disputes, in a point A to B race.
Old 26th May 2007, 08:35   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Perhaps he meant "he thinks" it will, or he has a hunch it will. Just like we believe it to be otherwise.
C'mon Wolf - get to the tracks and show them man.
How about taking the NHC VTEC to the tracks? Just for laughs .. u know
Old 26th May 2007, 19:34   #160

Why look at just performance and numbers... Why not compare the complete package?

supremeBaleno, take it easy man! So you love Maruti/Suzuki. But why be partial to your favored brand? The two brands have different target markets, so they basically don't compare. This is from Suzuki's OWN website!

I rest my case!
Old 28th May 2007, 09:48   #161
BHPian

I would rather say its foolish to say that honda will give all the new features for the same price, if so then i guess all the earlier honda buyers have been taken for a ride by honda by charging more so many days.
Old 28th May 2007, 10:44   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigen
Why look at just performance and numbers... Why not compare the complete package?
True. I dont really do 0-100 runs or drags (OK, I do it very rarely). So, I would also look at the whole pckage. I would love to do that soon, when I can manage to spare some time - little busy at work.

Quote:
supremeBaleno, take it easy man! So you love Maruti/Suzuki. But why be partial to your favored brand?
I would have been partial if I said that SX4 is better. I dont think I said that. So, where's the partiality coming from ?

Not denying that I like Suzuki, but then that love did not come from just adoring a brand from far - it came from a long experience with their cars. And anyway, among those that post here, I am yet to see someone who is not partial to some brand/car or the other. Not to say that Honda is bad - thats another brand I like.

Quote:
The two brands have different target markets, so they basically don't compare.
That sounds like your opinion. Within the mother brands, we have different products, of which some (like NHC & SX4) target the same segment. The NHC retails at 6.9 to 7.4 lakhs for the normal versions (not Vtec), while the SX4 is from 6.31 to 7.27 here in Chennai. I do not see much of a difference between the target markets for them. A guy who can afford the SX4 can easily target the NHC (atleast from my experience).
The Vtec at 8.13 lakhs could be a slight stretch (not impossible though), but then who in their right mind would pay 1 lakh extra when you get the same performance and much more without shelling out the extra bucks ?

Quote:
This is from Suzuki's OWN website! I rest my case!
Dont even know what the big point you are trying to make there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02
I would rather say its foolish to say that honda will give all the new features for the same price, if so then i guess all the earlier honda buyers have been taken for a ride by honda by charging more so many days.
True. There is no way Honda is going to add features and reduce prices.
Old 30th May 2007, 13:38   #163
Senior - BHPian

i happened to finally read the autocar this month. they say next month the honda city will be launched with VTEC engine in GXI and airbags and abs, all for 20k extra? is this really true? can anyone comment on this? which means a VTEC for 8.75-ish on the road bangalore?

that sounds juicy ...
Old 30th May 2007, 15:05   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i happened to finally read the autocar this month. they say next month the honda city will be launched with VTEC engine in GXI and airbags and abs, all for 20k extra? is this really true? can anyone comment on this? which means a VTEC for 8.75-ish on the road bangalore?

that sounds juicy ...
Highly unlikely I say. Who would buy the NHC Vtec then?

Airbags/ABS @ 20k more looks more plausible.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:36   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i voted for honda though i booked sx4! honda is a honda, but it could end up pricey! my next car would be a honda vtec.

Srik, You will be a much happier man with the Sx4 trust me. I own a Honda, and Honda is not always a Honda !

Perceptions can blurr, as expieriences are the true marker of ownership quality,..and belive you me,..Honda can never match Suzuki service in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks