Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 02:29   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Forgot my "affinity for maruti thingie"??
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Yeah, he's owned 1 Baleno in the past. And 2 Qualises, 2 Innovas, I think 2 Accents/Vivas (one definitely), one OHC Vtec, and a Getz. So he should be driving a Corolla now, or a Verna atleast.
v1p3r, as you know i own atleast one car form every auto manufacturer in India expcept Bmw, Lambo,VW and Audi, and an x-trail is in the coming, the reason for picking the sx4 is completely in view with the engine, and the aftermarket, vfm means nothing to me..... by the way i do have a ohc and a nhc but i would prefer my baleno or the sx4 over them ANY day....... or a toyota, other than some power and rev happy engines the ohc and nhc are like moving sofas to me,,........ agree to some extent that an n/a ohc is faster on the drag strip but get it to track and a n/a baleno/sx4 that was pitted will clock a faster time ....
Old 24th May 2007, 02:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, it may interest some of you to know that ACI has described the NHC as soulless in this month's article.
Hehe I know they can be stupid sometimes, just like the way they quoted 0 to 100kmph timing of a baleno to be some 11.6 secs... Overdrive is even worse, it said 12.8secs or something!!! Cant do much anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m
nhc are like moving sofas to me.....
Some like the sofa, some like the couch, how do you think sx4 is selling then?? Its a matter of personal choice mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m
agree to some extent that an n/a ohc is faster on the drag strip but get it to track and a n/a baleno/sx4 that was pitted will clock a faster time .....
LOL...and what makes you imagine that??

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th May 2007 at 02:45.
Old 24th May 2007, 02:51   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe I know they can be stupid sometimes, just like the way they quoted 0 to 100kmph timing of a baleno to be some 11.6 secs
Well, they're close to correct, you know. I don't find anything wrong with that figure for an average stock car.

Quote:
LOL...and what makes you imagine that??
I think it's his years of experience racing cars at places like the Nordschliefe and Hockenheim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
an x-trail is in the coming
When? And when can we 'test-drive' it?!
Old 24th May 2007, 02:57   #124
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's his years of experience racing cars at places like the Nordschliefe and Hockenheim.
And add a couple more of the local tracks in and around Germany...........and with Mercedes Benz and AMG..

Quote:
When? And when can we 'test-drive' it?!
well the viva is coming close to her send off and the x-trail(dci) is in abt a months time.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not bad at all man, I dint know experience tells you which car will win even before taking the car to the track or competing/testing fairly is it...arrey wah!!! So, he already knows that the sx4 will be quicker than the ohc on a track...not bad...hmm! What about the the upcoming vios, linea etc... I mean Im curious man!!!
Old 24th May 2007, 03:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not bad at all man, I dint know experience tells you which car will win even before taking the car to the track or competing/testing fairly is it...arrey wah!!! So, he already knows that the sx4 will be quicker than the ohc on a track...not bad...hmm! What about the the upcoming vios, linea etc... I mean Im curious man!!!
I don't think that was in the right spirit. He has established that he owned OHCs before. If we are stooping to this level, I'm outta here.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:19   #127
BHPian

If i were to invest on a car that i will be taking on to track then i put close to SIX months in the research for that and i do play a role with a very important factory team and a few guys whom i call my friends here and knowledgable ppl...... and if you would take time in understanding my signature then i will have to say no more on this issue...... coming to the names of cars that have been taken out pls do check out on their balance as a passanger car and one that can be taken all out to win and pls do an extended study on where alll the m16a engines are being used and which terriotry the sx4 has been introduced in too...... hopefully this should give the answer for now....
Old 24th May 2007, 09:31   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Mind if an old VTEC joins in for this one with Suman?
With you @ the wheels - we stand little chance

Quote:
BTW, it may interest some of you to know that ACI has described the NHC as soulless in this month's article.
They have been describing it that ever since it was launched - even the VTEC.

PS - even the beemers have been described as soulless by many a mag.

Quote:
BTW do simple Vtec have a climatic control ?
Nopes - we have to do it the much 'simpler' way.

Quote:
Not bad at all man, I dint know experience tells you which car will win even before taking the car to the track or competing/testing fairly is it...arrey wah!!! So, he already knows that the sx4 will be quicker than the ohc on a track...not bad...hmm!
Perhaps he meant "he thinks" it will, or he has a hunch it will. Just like we believe it to be otherwise.
C'mon Wolf - get to the tracks and show them man.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 24th May 2007 at 09:38.
Old 24th May 2007, 10:01   #129

Food for thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigen View Post
Maruti's image hasn't changed, and it's not going to change. Anyone can lower the price. Raising it is the problem. Maruti tried it with the Baleno, and failed.
Very interesting ... never thought about it like that !!!
Old 24th May 2007, 10:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the design is radical and new...dont worry mate you will get used to it, I agree some people take time to get out of their cocoons! The CoD figures of the car speaks volumes of the purpose of design ...you might wana get abreast of things like that!
No way.. I am not gonna sell my soul just to be abreast of things like that..

Besides, I dont prefer having high octane fuel sloshing around.. under my butt, for the sake of "soulfull" and "radical" design (isnt that contradictory.. soulfull yet radical??) .. God forbid, in case it catches fire, both the body and soul will vaporise instantly !!
Old 24th May 2007, 11:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where I see some realistic competition is with Toyota's next expected model - Vios
Thanks to maruti things have got a little harder for toyota, pricing wise it was expected to be launched with a price tag similar to the NHC vtec but doubt if they can continue with that now.

Thank you maruti or C segment in India would have been cars with a 9 lakh price tag.
Old 24th May 2007, 13:00   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Perhaps he meant "he thinks" it will, or he has a hunch it will. Just like we believe it to be otherwise.
C'mon Wolf - get to the tracks and show them man.
There is nothing to think. I do hope you know that the same chassi (hatchback version) is being used for the rallies? All one needs to do is lower the car, lighten it like all track cars, and go. With an engine powered similarly to the OHC and weight, being the better handler it could run rings around quite a few cars like the baleno too. The afternarket potential for the SX4 is far greater than the OHC for the given D15 & M16 engines. Maybe, thats what memo was hinting at. But at the outset you have the ford fiesta rally edition which could theoretically runs rings around the SX4 too which is exactly what we are going to see in the very near future. While a few of us give credit where its due its also annoying to see how people cannot accept constructive criticism or back their theory with facts.

At the moment the NHC is overpriced for what it comes with, maybe the NNHC will redefine our logic here. And I sincerely do hope it does, seeing the good that we as customers could get from this competition. Also there seems to be a landslide in the polls favouring the SX4.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th May 2007 at 13:07.
Old 24th May 2007, 13:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigen
Maruti's image hasn't changed, and it's not going to change. Anyone can lower the price. Raising it is the problem. Maruti tried it with the Baleno, and failed.
The Baleno fiasco (when launched) was not just about the price. It was also about really good-looking cars like the OHC and Lancer against which it had to compete. Those cars still look great today after so many years. So imagine how tough it would have been for the Baleno then with a bland rear.

And don't bet on image not changing. Image does change, if the required effort is taken, which I see in the case of MUL and Suzuki. There was a time, when Jap products were looked down upon (like we today look down on Chinese stuff) due to lack of quality. From there, they have come a long way to a stage where quality means Jap, and you and I rave about Jap cars (be it Honda or Suzuki or Toyota).
Old 24th May 2007, 14:24   #134
Senior - BHPian

Dude regarding image Maruti's Hatch Swift is top seller in India and their image is way better than before with the launch of swift.

Even the bhpians who knows that swift have niggling issues buy it rather it's costly or not, cramped or not, comfy or not thats image.

Like in the case of NHC people buy coz its honda though 90% agree regarding the NHC looks not at all gd, underpowered engine (77bhp one) no safety features.

Maruti image is really good now IMHO
Old 24th May 2007, 19:46   #135
Senior - BHPian

As some guys were chasing the Palio Stile 1.1, SX4 has taken a decent lead over NHC with 86 - 71.

Even the Car enthusiasts have given a thumbs up to SX4!
I guess it will be a success among the Indian junta too!

Last edited by finneyp : 24th May 2007 at 19:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks