Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 19:18   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYZ View Post
Ferrari seemed to have more technical issues this year than MClaren. Just wondering why would someone use Ferrari's technology when they are having issues and if Mclaren did use Ferrari's info, why is there such a dominance this year. Should'nt they be on the same page?
The fact that you have access to competition's designs does not necessarily mean that you use all of it - McLaren arent minnows in this field to have to source technology from Ferrari.

What it means is that they would know the strengths and weaknesses of the Ferrari car. In a sport with such high stakes, that calls for capital punishment.
Old 14th September 2007, 19:39   #77
BHPian

MC's wont pay up ! ... This is getting really funny .

Ticker Hub page - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
Old 14th September 2007, 19:45   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What it means is that they would know the strengths and weaknesses of the Ferrari car. In a sport with such high stakes, that calls for capital punishment.
Excellent point steer. They may not have used the same design on their car's but that does not mean they don't refer to the designs to accordingly modify their car's around the competitors weaknesses.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

After all this i still see Mclaren on top.. Alonso Finishes on Pole in 2nd practice.

Team will not pay full amount thats true..but it says "The team will pay a fine equal to $100m, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction."
Which mean only half the amount.It also says it wont hurt Mclaren even a bit...100m$ out of 500m$...ha big deal..

Last edited by danlalan : 14th September 2007 at 20:06.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:14   #80
BHPian

Alonso implicated Alonso implicated in FIA's verdict - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Goes scott free!

FIA's decision in pdf http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...ion_130907.pdf

Last edited by LandCruiser : 14th September 2007 at 20:19.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:22   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post

Its when you read that article that you truly realize the significance of what has happened! They were openly discussing and getting details of the 'Red Car', and they had almost precise information of planned pit-stops (Kimi in Lap 18, etc).

Is this a joke? Just 100m and constructor's points for all this nonsense?
Old 14th September 2007, 20:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

thats what,Mclaren used Ferrari info and anyone who believes otherwise are fooling themselves.

It is impossible to believe both Pedro and Alonso have gone scott free,just to keep the WDC intresting.Ron is the biggest liar out there,just yesterday he was saying Alonso said nothing to WMSC.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:46   #83
BHPian

Hamilton appears in Paris as well as de le rosa. But Hammy not implicated but Alonso who didnt appear in the hearing is implicated!

I think it should be the other way around - Alonso stripped off points for freely exchanging information and gaining insight on tactical aspects!
Old 14th September 2007, 20:57   #84
Senior - BHPian

After reading that article:

Alonso = CHEAT! Deserves to be stripped off all his points.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

take cousin Pedro along with him.How long before Alonso is shown the door,do i see a lot of anti alonso banners at Spa ?
Old 14th September 2007, 21:06   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The fact that you have access to competition's designs does not necessarily mean that you use all of it - McLaren arent minnows in this field to have to source technology from Ferrari.

The question here is wether an employee of mclaren had this info which was knowledge restricted to him or was it TEAM Mclaren which had the info which was knowledge to them. IF it was the later i guess that calls for capital punishment but if not it doesnt make sense in punishing the team for an employee's malpractice. (ron did sack him immdtly when this scandal came to light).

The point is, there are so many people attributing MClarens dominance this year to the ferrari design leak scandal. I feel they would have been dominant either ways.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

All Mclaren engineers,drivers,cleaners,Ronny etc etc are employees of Mclaren.So by that logic even if all cheat,Mclaren should not be punished.

4-5 posts above is the detailed FIA release of the new evidence.I suggest you read that.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:22   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYZ View Post
The question here is wether an employee of mclaren had this info which was knowledge restricted to him or was it TEAM Mclaren which had the info which was knowledge to them. IF it was the later i guess that calls for capital punishment but if not it doesnt make sense in punishing the team for an employee's malpractice. (ron did sack him immdtly when this scandal came to light).

The point is, there are so many people attributing MClarens dominance this year to the ferrari design leak scandal. I feel they would have been dominant either ways.
The Chief Designer, #1 Driver, #1 Test Driver and the Team Management swap emails about the 'Red Car's specs - how can it possibly be Team McLaren's fault? Poor McLaren - they have really bad employees.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th September 2007 at 21:24.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:24   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve
do i see a lot of anti alonso banners at Spa ?
This should've happened before the Italian Grand Prix. I'd have loved to see the reaction of the Tifosi in Italy.

Off Topic: I remember Mika had once broken down in Italy. I am not anti-Mika, after Michael he IS number two on my favorites list.

Old 14th September 2007, 21:28   #90
Senior - BHPian

Mika was more lovable than any of these guys out there.Michael v/s Mika was the best F1 action in recent memory.Both had very high respect for each other.

Alonso is out of Mclaren for sure,back to his first love,the adorable Braviatoree Fonsie.Just a matter of time. Now i understand why Ronny wants Renault to be dragged into F1 spy triangle.Ron Angry Dennis

on a side note:Should we now not change the title of this thread ?

Last edited by merve_extreme : 14th September 2007 at 21:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks