Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 15:42   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Madhu's tyres charge 75/- per tyre for wheel balancing. In Mysore, its a flat rate. But in B'lore, they also charge additionally for the weight pieces (i dont know what exactly they are called) that are used to balance the tyres.
askids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 16:33   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
Madhu's tyres charge 75/- per tyre for wheel balancing. In Mysore, its a flat rate. But in B'lore, they also charge additionally for the weight pieces (i dont know what exactly they are called) that are used to balance the tyres.
Oh! then I've been ripped off
they've charged me around 250 for the weights and 320 for the labour!
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 22:50   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
My problem was on similar lines as well, but once lathangi ford attended to it, it has been back to its smooth best! I had updated the thread in the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2318842 (Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience)

They had done the same cable adjustment on my car too. you could probably check if they need to do the torque adjustment of the nut too. folks at cauvery ford mysore had tried this on mine.
You could get in touch with Mr.Venkat who is the service manager there, or Murali who was the SA who attended to me when I went for the same problem.

btw, I have left my car at Lathangi ford today for the 20k kms service.
Shall try to post a detailed report in a day or two.
hi figo_united, the problem with the gear shift to the 1st gear recurred. As i was going near majestic thought about taking it to Cauvery Ford there. They had a look at it and then made some adjustments. And voila, the gear shift has become very smooth. But the steering has also become noticeably lighter and i have to steer a little more at low speeds. Is this normal??
achilles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 01:07   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
hi figo_united, the problem with the gear shift to the 1st gear recurred. As i was going near majestic thought about taking it to Cauvery Ford there. They had a look at it and then made some adjustments. And voila, the gear shift has become very smooth. But the steering has also become noticeably lighter and i have to steer a little more at low speeds. Is this normal??
Not really sure how the steering and the gear problems are related.
I haven't noticed any change in the steering feel in my car.
Hope the gear shift problem doesn't reoccur again
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 15:05   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

IN Gurgaon the Average price for the Wheel balancing is 50 per wheel including the weights, some people charge as less as 25 RS. no more than 50 RS though. in Bathinda no more than 25 rs for each wheel including the weights.


For allignment the charges in gurgaon are 150Rs and in Bathinda it is 100 RS

for 50 RS you can get a packet of 50 Locking tags and i am sure not many are needed to secure the wheel caps
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:15   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
IN Gurgaon the Average price for the Wheel balancing is 50 per wheel including the weights, some people charge as less as 25 RS. no more than 50 RS though. in Bathinda no more than 25 rs for each wheel including the weights.


For allignment the charges in gurgaon are 150Rs and in Bathinda it is 100 RS

for 50 RS you can get a packet of 50 Locking tags and i am sure not many are needed to secure the wheel caps
So i've been charged atleast 10 times more

Where do you get those locking tags? anybody bought in bangalore/mysore?
I've seen them being used in big bazaar, I can probably ask for some more when I visit next time
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:55   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

you can get them in a stationary shop or a hardware shop. the correct name is CABLE TIE. and make sure that you keep them away from the kids cause they can be fatal.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 18:18   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
you can get them in a stationary shop or a hardware shop. the correct name is CABLE TIE. and make sure that you keep them away from the kids cause they can be fatal.
Thanks desideep. I shall try and get it. will be saving 45 bucks on every service
I actually need one now. During my service, they have fitted the wheel cap in such a way that it covers the air nozzle and then put the strap!
I had to loosen the wheel cap while getting air checked!
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 08:32   #69
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Congratulations on the buy.
What did they say the problem was, regarding the AC and power windows?
I was told that Relay unit and and some cables around it were melted[but i could not smell it]. Since its a warranty claim i have wait till the ford sends those parts to the Dealer. But no problem afterwards

thanks
kezhilnambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 22:31   #70
BHPian
 
whitelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kolhapur
Posts: 202
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Hi figo_united,

I have Read you thread many times and has helped me in arriving to a decision.

I liked Following pictures very much. For a long time I am wishing to express my feelings on some of the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Some pics of my figo

With the volvo!

The Cars seems to be taking Volvo Heads On. It gives feeling that a Lion is Standing in front of Elephant, threatening to Attack.



At historical Hampi

This is the Photograph I liked Most. I would like to visit this Place.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 23:19   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Hi figo_united,

I have Read you thread many times and has helped me in arriving to a decision.

I liked Following pictures very much. For a long time I am wishing to express my feelings on some of the pictures.
Thanks a lot whitelion. Glad if the info has helped you.
Do share pics of your ride when you put up the ownership report. Figo looks great in white (second to red of course )

I love the volvo pic as well. You should indeed visit hampi, Its a great(est?) historical place, not to be missed. There are a lots of threads on hampi here with loads of info.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:07   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Crossed another milestone last weekend.

22222 on the ODO

Its the 11th month of ownership now.


Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0813.jpg
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:44   #73
BHPian
 
whitelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kolhapur
Posts: 202
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Thanks a lot whitelion. Glad if the info has helped you.
Do share pics of your ride when you put up the ownership report. Figo looks great in white (second to red of course )

Yes Surely. My family gave me two options White or Silver. I opted for white by posting a poll on Facebook Figo owner's Group page. The reason for it was better visibility in Rains or otherwise compared to Silver.

I love the volvo pic as well. You should indeed visit hampi, Its a great(est?) historical place, not to be missed. There are a lots of threads on hampi here with loads of info.

Thanks for Info. I searched google map for Hampi. Similarly I will search T-BHP for Hampi and plan the tour. Anyways to have better run in Long Route Trips are differed till 5000 kms Odo. I will get 2nd Oil change at 6k to 7k odo, one my local friends has suggested this. I will seek T-BHPian's opinion on this in my ownership report but You can comment on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Crossed another milestone last weekend.
22222 on the ODO
Its the 11th month of ownership now.
Oh, it sounds you are doing 2K+ every month. Gemi has rightly described Figo "American Mile Cruncher" and you are proving that.

Wish you Many Many Happy Miles Crunching.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:58   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Thanks for Info. I searched google map for Hampi. Similarly I will search T-BHP for Hampi and plan the tour. Anyways to have better run in Long Route Trips are differed till 5000 kms Odo. I will get 2nd Oil change at 6k to 7k odo, one my local friends has suggested this. I will seek T-BHPian's opinion on this in my ownership report but You can comment on this.
Its not necessary to defer your long runs till 5k. You could start revving after 1k itself, or may be after your first service.
i read in the other thread that you are a sedate driver and dont drive beyond 80 even on highways, in that case, you can do the trip anytime
Infact long steady runs at around 60kmph are good for the run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Oh, it sounds you are doing 2K+ every month. Gemi has rightly described Figo "American Mile Cruncher" and you are proving that.

Wish you Many Many Happy Miles Crunching.
Thanks, Yeah I'm doing a lot of mile crunching for sure! city travel of around 40km daily, weekend trips to mysore, and monthly long drives!
Enjoying every bit of it, except the growing fuel expense

Last edited by figo_united : 22nd June 2011 at 22:20.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 01:42   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Finally, It has happened

I always had this fear of somebody banging my car from behind. First thing I do after applying brakes is look in the mirror! This was even more prominent from the last couple of days, after reading Captain's thread on a biker banging into his figo!

It happened to mine today while I was driving to mysore, around 9:30PM.
Just after the NICE road junction, I was following a new unregistered corolla altis, and he suddenly braked to a halt. I braked too, felt the full effect of the ABS on the pulsating brake peddle, and somehow managed to avoid rear ending the corolla!
next thing, I hear a loud thud from behind! a honda dio, had banged into the rear of my car.
Thankfully, the guy riding the dio was not injured. He was not even wearing a helmet, and was speeding on the right lane of the highway!!!

I then checked for damage on my car, and found a bad dent on the hatch door. it was almost like a hole. There was one more near the number plate, and some scratches here and there.
His dio had a lot of damage too. Headlamp assembly, and the front portion was fully damaged.

He said that he was carrying food to his mother admitted in rajarajeshwari hospital, which was around 1km from that spot. So I agreed to go till there and then discuss.

Went there, checked the damage again, clicked a couple of snaps and waited for him to come back.
He then started telling it was not his mistake alone, his vehicle also had damage, and so on. I knew I couldn't get anything from him, Just gave an attempt, and then decided to move on.

Planning to visit cauvery ford tomorrow morning and checking how much it would cost to get it repaired.
My insurance is up for renewal in less than a month, and not sure if making a claim and losing out on NCB is a good idea.
On the other hand, I dont think A.S.S would do it for less money too, seeing the 17k bill Captain got!

I know its difficult to assess the damage from the pics attached here. Shall try to post better pics tomorrow morning.

Please suggest what can be done. The bigger one looks like its almost caused a hole! so not sure if just tinkering would work on it?

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0825.jpg

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0824.jpg

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0823.jpg
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used Verna Diesel Buying experience and initial ownership report - 2 months, 7000 kms JLN Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 53 28th March 2011 01:30
Ford Figo ZXI Diesel Initial ownership report e-biz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 25th June 2010 16:00
7 Months Ownership Experience Honda CIVIC (5600 Km) lalitk25 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 7 30th September 2008 11:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks