Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 00:51   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You have possibly picked up fakes....
No chance. Bought from Prasad Agarwaal Trading Corpn, JC Rd.
Considering aerotwins for my next replacement. Or would it be better to stick to MGP?
Old 5th October 2009, 01:19   #317
Senior - BHPian

Bosch is now Syndicate

Even the Bosch blades on mine streak often. This came as a shock to me since I've never had this experience with Bosch ones and I've been using them for over a couple years on all my cars.

Its definitely bad Quality Control.
Old 1st November 2009, 20:50   #318
BHPian

I got myself a new set of Bosch wiper blades from JC road for my Cedia and the sizes I got was 21 inch and a 19 inch one.

When I checked the size of the stock ones, they come in sizes of 24 inch and 18 inch.

I checked the bosch catalog and they recommend 21 and 19 for the Cedia. I have put them on but still in doubt if they are the right size as they dont match the size of the stock ones.

Is this size the correct one for the Cedia? Doesn't Bosch wipers come in stock size of 24 and 18 inches?

Any ideas? Has anyone changed the wipers on their Cedia from stock to Bosch? What are the sizes you have?

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:50   #319
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Less than 2 months since I put them on and the bosch blades have started to streak. I'm not impressed. Chinese junk.
This is very sad. Perhaps you got a defective piece. I picked up a pair for my Alto a few weeks after you picked up your set and they are performing great to this day.

Quote:
No chance. Bought from Prasad Agarwaal Trading Corpn, JC Rd.
Considering aerotwins for my next replacement. Or would it be better to stick to MGP?
The Aerotwins series are frightfully expensive and are targeted by theives. So, do so at your own risk.
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:16   #320
BHPian

Bosch Wipers for the Cedia

I checked with the HM service person regarding the cost of OEM wipers for the cedia and he quoted me Rs.800 for the same

When I asked for the brand they use, he said "Our own brand"

Any way I am using the Bosch ones for now even though they are not the correct size as OEM ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
I got myself a new set of Bosch wiper blades from JC road for my Cedia and the sizes I got was 21 inch and a 19 inch one.

When I checked the size of the stock ones, they come in sizes of 24 inch and 18 inch.

I checked the bosch catalog and they recommend 21 and 19 for the Cedia. I have put them on but still in doubt if they are the right size as they dont match the size of the stock ones.

Is this size the correct one for the Cedia? Doesn't Bosch wipers come in stock size of 24 and 18 inches?

Any ideas? Has anyone changed the wipers on their Cedia from stock to Bosch? What are the sizes you have?

Thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 01:50   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This is very sad. Perhaps you got a defective piece........
Driving in the rain a few days back, I hear a faint screech from my wipers. What the....? I turn off the wipers and pull over.
'Obviously its a bit of grit jammed between the wiper blade and the windscreen', I think to myself. Well, I was wrong. The end of the right wiper blade had slipped out of its metal mount and the metal had left a long arc shaped scratch on my windshield .
Managed to repair the blade temporarily and drove home.
The scratch on the windshield probably can be taken care of at windshield experts, but the incident has left me with no doubts about Bosch QC.
The final nail in the coffin as far as my opinion of Bosch is concerned.
I will be chucking my Bosch blades in the garbage can where they belong.
MGP blades suck, but at the very least, they will not damage my windscreen.
Old 9th November 2009, 02:00   #322
Senior - BHPian

^^^Didn't you at least write a mail to Bosch telling them what you think of their product?
Old 9th November 2009, 02:04   #323
BHPian

"ROY.S" Can you please mention how old were your Blades which caused this scratch
Old 10th November 2009, 11:32   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Didn't you at least write a mail to Bosch telling them what you think of their product?
I will this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
"ROY.S" Can you please mention how old were your Blades which caused this scratch
Bought on 5th Aug '09. Shocking, aint it?
Old 10th November 2009, 11:37   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Check with Ajmat. He has Aerotwins on his Swift. Should be OK. Mine is running for almost two years without any issue.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:31   #326
BHPian

Aero Twins for Safari

Hi all,

Just located another Bosch Distributer for Aero Twin in Pune -

M/s Valunj Distributor
Located on Pune Satara Road

They have a shop on Karve Road next to Sahayadri Hospital -
- M/s Kotkar Automobiles.

Their name is available on the Bosch Web-site but under Gujarat
Old 28th November 2009, 20:32   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Driving in the rain a few days back, I hear a faint screech from my wipers. I will be chucking my Bosch blades in the garbage can where they belong.MGP blades suck, but at the very least, they will not damage my windscreen.
I tried the aero twins on my 9G Corolla. Thought they would be better than the OEM wipers. The Bosch wipers screeched whilst wiping the screen but it was not due to dust.

The Aero Twins were premium accessories a couple of years ago. Went right back to the OEM wipers. Rs 3200 down the drain. The Aero twins are gathering dust in my loft waiting to be gifted away to a friend who is interested.

Rgds,
Old 28th November 2009, 23:02   #328
BHPian

I recently purchased bosch aero twin blades for my baleno for Rs.1450/-. It is simply awesome and it is worth every cent.

I have recommended to many of my friends as well.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:22   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
The Bosch wipers screeched whilst wiping the screen but it was not due to dust.
My brand new Bosch wipers screech, this happens when it rains pretty heavily & windshield is clean.

The Bosch wipers have done down in quality.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:33   #330
Senior - BHPian

I have a problem with my wipers. A year ago, I replaced the original set (that came with the car) with a new one at MASS which was a Syndicate. Unfortunately, I experienced shudders in the movement esp when the setting was at 'INT'. The wipers performed relatively better at the other settings.

Now, thinking that it was an issue with the wiper blade, I went ahead, junked them and got myself a pair of BOSCH wiper blades hoping all my trouble would be over. To my utter dismay, the very shuddering I experienced before with Syndicate is found in BOSCH as well. I have tried soaking the blades in soap solution etc as recommended by some in an attempt to make them soft and supple but in vain.

This has led me to think if the problem is not with the blades but the wiper assembly per se. Can our experts throw some light on this? Thanks. I cannot tolerate the 'dha dha dhak' sound it makes every time.

Last edited by rr_zen : 28th November 2009 at 23:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks