Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2009, 14:06   #256
Senior - BHPian

my 1 yr old 16k done alto has oem wipers till now and i'm shocked to see them leave behind streaks on the glass after wiping. its insane and made my driving horrendous. reason enough to look up for the best in business- bosch (atleast the reviews here point out so). Just dial is the best place to look up for info and i did just that. and guess what, they could not locate me the distributors at all. futile attempt in teaching them to search the right way. next best thing i did,browse through this thread for info and i get the name agarwal trading in JC road and guess what, i couldn't get them to locate this too!! all the while browsing thru my pocket pc, it was getting inconvenient to search.
realized there is no other way and looked it up on my laptop to realize i should've asked for prasad agarwal trading!! waste of my time till then.
i've got links of my search put along for everybody's perusal.

agarwal trading j c road loc: Bengaluru, Karnataka - Google Maps

Bosch - Dealer Locator

i'm gonna go by this evening and pick up wipers for my alto.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th August 2009 at 16:47. Reason: fixing link, readability
Old 8th August 2009, 15:21   #257
BHPian

I got a bosch wiper set for my fiesta yesterday, it cost me about rs288.
Old 9th August 2009, 10:40   #258
glenn

My rear wiper has been jammed (Zen) has anyone faced this problem ? Solution please

Old 9th August 2009, 15:34   #259
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
i'm gonna go by this evening and pick up wipers for my alto.
Any luck with the wiper for the Alto, I'm looking to go pick up a pair as well as the stock wipers on my Alto has also deteriorated are no longer good andeave streaks on the glass.

Looking forward to your inputs. Also do let me knoow how much they cost.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 9th August 2009, 17:51   #260
Senior - BHPian

fitted the Bosch wiper on my OHC. but i notice that the last 1cm of the blade does not seem to touch the windshield. is this normal ? does it take time and use to get that bit also to start working ?
Old 9th August 2009, 19:28   #261
Senior - BHPian

But this did not happened with OEM in rains and AC on.

Anyways I switched back to a new pair of Syndicate from MASS and not much rain has happened in Gurgaon since then.

Though one thing is sure that there is no major difference between Syndicate and Bosch, I think its just a hype about Bosch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
That is understandable. The foggy layer would get condensed more pronouncedly once the water has been spread across the face of the windshield in a thin film kind of smear by the wiper blade. It would then cause condensation as the hot air outside gets in touch with the cold front inside. Did you try switching off your AC while using the wiper? Just a guess because I have faced this issue with my OEM wipers too and it got resolved if I switched off my AC.
Old 9th August 2009, 20:34   #262
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
My rear wiper has been jammed (Zen) has anyone faced this problem ? Solution please
This happened to my uncle's Zen and was put down to a blown rear motor. Check the wiring, the (push-in type) switch on the dashboard and fuse before you go to replace it as that could be the culprit at times.

If it is indeed the motor, then you are left with no choice but getting it replaced if you go to a MASS. I'm not sure if the motor can be repaired.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:36   #263
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience with bosch

Mine is rather bad experience, I brought pair for my lancer in end of june this year after the monsoon started here in kerala from Govid auto spares at pattom TVM. The wipers were installed at the shop it self. It was not raining at that time so could not check it, When it started raining it would leave streaks and would squeek a lot i didn't have much of time to take care of this so kept on procastinating it finally out of Frustration i went to the place, where i got these from.

Me: I brought one of your wipers and it squeeks badly

Shop owner: We have clearly told you during the time of purchase that there is no guarentee on rubber parts

Me: we never had such a conversation.

Shop owner: We specifically tell everyone

Me: Can you show this written on the bill you gave me(i was carying it)

Shop owner: Its not written anywhere, its common sense that gurantee cannot be given on rubber parts.

This blew my top of, i just walked out of the shop. and pledged will never go back there. I am kinda feeling good i took the bill from him, he repeatedly told me bills are not necessary and if its not good i can get them replaced. I have seen such practices in delhi and hyderabad, where the warranty expires as soon as the items leave shop, but its a shock to me that its happening in kerala as wel. He didn't even ask me when did i buy this or didn't even have a look why was there a problem, Great customer service i would say.

Any ways guys do you think i actually should let some one at bosch know about this?

Thanks,

Pramod
Old 11th August 2009, 16:45   #264
Senior - BHPian

^^^ That shop wasn't Bosch authorised, right? Maybe its a fake? If it is, you could still consider letting Bosch know...

I got Bosch wipers from a non-authorised shop about a week back... as I just could not find time to go to the only authorised shop in Poona. It seem to be performing very well... though have had the chance to use it only couple of times in the scanty rains here.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:51   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ That shop wasn't Bosch authorised, right? Maybe its a fake? If it is, you could still consider letting Bosch know...

It is an authorised Bosch shop. still have the orignal packing in my trunk. I thought of letting bosch know about this but do you think this will do any good?

Pramod
Old 11th August 2009, 17:24   #266
BHPian

I've a question??! Why does BOSCH Wiper blades cost slightly more at the distributor but is cheaper in open market. I bought blades for my Zen VX (1999). MRP was Rs. 315/- I paid Rs. 248/- but they are selling in open market @ Rs. 230/-

I checked them thoroughly & they were genuine (market ones). This is really hard to understand. I suppose when I buy from distributor directly it should be cheaper, not the other way around.

I fired a mail to the regional office which gave me the add of distributor but they never replied back. Earlier whenever I mailed them they were prompt.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:42   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
It is an authorised Bosch shop. still have the orignal packing in my trunk. I thought of letting bosch know about this but do you think this will do any good?

Pramod
Well, you wont know unless you send that mail, right? You will also come to know how responsive Bosh is.

As for the price, I paid the printed MRP for the one for Esteem; which is Rs. 325. As I mentioned above, I got it from a non-authorised accessories shop. Are dealers selling it for less?? Not sure about wipers, but the BOSCH distributor here sold me the oil filter and spark plug for slightly lower than the printed MRP. That was about 2 months back. I'a assume they charge bit lower for all products.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:06   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Any luck with the wiper for the Alto, I'm looking to go pick up a pair as well as the stock wipers on my Alto has also deteriorated are no longer good andeave streaks on the glass.

Looking forward to your inputs. Also do let me knoow how much they cost.

Thanks,
gpa
I bought them from prasad agarwal trading on JC road.cost 248/-. Its another matter that my car didn't see rain after I put these wipers.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:59   #269
BHPian

Replaced the wiper blades on my Swift with Bosch. Cost me Rs. 306 (List price Rs 340) at Prasad Agarwal, J.C Rd.
The Bosch are definitely better the stock blades. Even when the car was brand new, I was never entirely happy with the wiper blades. After 19 months, the performance had deteriorated enough to make nighttime driving in rain almost impossible.
Strangely, the stock blades on my M800 worked perfectly through four monsoons.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:06   #270
Senior - BHPian

the distributors always sell at an official price greater than open market. Its how (apparently) the supply chain works in india.

You can report a shop to the distributor for underpricing ( other shops usually do, if they get wind of it). there is a small cartel in operation everywhere

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks