Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 11:45   #226
BHPian

I bought aerotwin for my adventure (from Metro around Rs740). Although initial experience was good. I see some fogging which wasnt present in my OE wiper.
I thought it should be independent of the type of wiper.

-Karthik
Old 8th July 2009, 11:55   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
can i get the shop from where i can get the BOSCH wipers in delhi/gurgaon for santro car
You can get them at -

Wheel Force Centre
J-4/6, Shivaji Market,
Near J-3 block Super Bazaar,
Rajouri Garden
New Delhi - 110027
Contact Person:
Mr.Sumit Sodhi
Phone : 011 25413847, 25258138
Mobile : 9810839453
Email ID : [COLOR=#0000ff]wforce_sodhi@hotmail.com[/COLOR]

These guys are listed on Bosch India site, I called them up and they said 380/- for wiper blades of Indica.

My neighbourhood spare parts waala is selling them at 260/- but I don't know if they are genuine or not.

Can any expert guide on how to differentiate between genuine and copycats?
Old 9th July 2009, 10:08   #228
BANNED

Nowadays even MASS are stocking Bosch in place of Syndicate !
Old 9th July 2009, 11:14   #229
BHPian

Best placer to buy Bosch wipers in Bangalore

I have observed that many BHPians are paying way too much for Bosch wipers in Bangalore. In Bangalore the best place to get the Bosch wipers are from their distributor which is on J. C. Road, just opposite to BP petrol pump. If you need cheaper than this, you can get it from Metro cash and carry if you know someone who can take you there. But in Metro only popular sizes are stocked. Just to put it in perspectice,

I bought Bosch 22" wipers for my Safari from this JC Rd distributor at Rs. 274/- with bill. Printed MRP was RS. 379/-. Later when I visited Metro I found the same wipers for Rs. 250/- something. In dealers and auto shops they would sell it anywhere from Rs. 340 to 450.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:19   #230
Team-BHP Support

I have searched all over in Noida, but unable to find any shop selling bosch wipers. All they sell are Syndicate!
Old 9th July 2009, 11:22   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
I have observed that many BHPians are paying way too much for Bosch wipers in Bangalore. In Bangalore the best place to get the Bosch wipers are from their distributor which is on J. C. Road, just opposite to BP petrol pump. If you need cheaper than this, you can get it from Metro cash and carry if you know someone who can take you there. But in Metro only popular sizes are stocked. Just to put it in perspectice,

I bought Bosch 22" wipers for my Safari from this JC Rd distributor at Rs. 274/- with bill. Printed MRP was RS. 379/-. Later when I visited Metro I found the same wipers for Rs. 250/- something. In dealers and auto shops they would sell it anywhere from Rs. 340 to 450.
whats the address of the Bosch Distributor.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:50   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Are you referring to Metro - Cash and Carry. Sorry, I don't know anyone who can take me into this place.

Coming to the wipers - are you referring to the cost of ordinary Bosch wipers or the cost of Aerotwin wipers?

And yes, the Honda City wiper size is 20" and 18".
Yep I was referring to Metro Cash n carry.Yes they are ordinary wipers, not Aerotwin wipers.
Old 13th July 2009, 02:12   #233
BHPian

Thought would go get myself bosch wipers to cope with the monsoons so on my weekend trip to Pune picked up a set for my OHC from Poona Motors, charged me Rs 450 which is ok, what wasn't is 2 weeks later the wipers are leaving white trials on the glass which is just too dangerous for my weekend trips to Pune in the rains.

So I went back to him and told him about it this weekend and he told me its because the wiper system has gone bad because its not applying pressure on the glass without even looking at the car, his person repeated the same thing after a cursory glance. He didn't have much time for me so I didn't have much choice but to let it go. The thing is the old wipers didn't fog the screen or leave white trails, infact am unimpressed with the Bosch wipers, even my old wipers were better.

Definitely won't be dealing with Poona Motors either, more interested in selling than customer service and ensuring a good job is done.
Old 13th July 2009, 09:41   #234
Senior - BHPian

Finally got myself a pair of aerotwins for my swift. But sadly it has not rained a drop since :(

Got it for Rs.1700 from the Bosch dealer in Pattom.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:31   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post

The 22" Bosch wiper size for the Safari seems to be outdated.
I replaced the factory ones in mine with a set of Bosch 22"s and found the driver side one to be shorter and the passenger side to be longer (infact extended beyond the windshield frame).

Confused, I had a look at the factory ones. The driver side Syndicate read "600 mm" (24") and the passenger side one reads "500mm" (20").
So, BEWARE! Don't go by Bosch's size chart.
24" and 20" are the right sizes for the safari.

Last edited by nitrous : 13th July 2009 at 11:37.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:49   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Thought would go get myself bosch wipers to cope with the monsoons so on my weekend trip to Pune picked up a set for my OHC from Poona Motors, charged me Rs 450 which is ok, what wasn't is 2 weeks later the wipers are leaving white trials on the glass which is just too dangerous for my weekend trips to Pune in the rains.

So I went back to him and told him about it this weekend and he told me its because the wiper system has gone bad because its not applying pressure on the glass without even looking at the car, his person repeated the same thing after a cursory glance. He didn't have much time for me so I didn't have much choice but to let it go. The thing is the old wipers didn't fog the screen or leave white trails, infact am unimpressed with the Bosch wipers, even my old wipers were better.

Definitely won't be dealing with Poona Motors either, more interested in selling than customer service and ensuring a good job is done.
many of my friends also reported the same to me. even i have faced it couple of times. the guy has got a lot of attitude as if he owns the punes best and only accessory shop ever.

well you can press the wiper link yourself so that it applies pressure on the glass. its very simple. also the wiper blade self adjusts to the shape of the glass. i had a similar issue on the passenger side wiper. just bent the wiper blade connector link a bit and issue was resolved.

i got a new bosch blade 2 days back for the drivers side. 18". costed me 140 rs. the effect was amazing. cleaned each and every drop effectively.
my old wiper used to leave a trail of water drops which used to make the night driving experience horrible
Old 13th July 2009, 13:00   #237
BHPian

Try rubbing the edges of wiper blades with sand paper(fine one) once in 6 months as edges become oily and dirty(white water marks etc) and sometimes hard too. Even with this you don't get good output change the wiper blades . Try these days in Bangalore as it is raining sometimes
Old 13th July 2009, 13:09   #238
BHPian

half the country is facing drought and we are worried about wiper blades
Old 13th July 2009, 13:15   #239
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have changed my Honda Civic wiper and second year running on the car, during rains I had this problem last year and thought it is the wipers so I changed them but the problem remains the same.

What happens is when the wipers run on the glass they leave white fog kinda effect on the front windscreen on the outside which settles in a while maybe 2-5 secs (i have already installed new wipers), but if the wipers are on interval or something, if I have to run them permanently then it will stay there as it wont get the time to clear .

My one more mate has a same problem and he was asked by Honda service guys if he wants them to do some windscreen treatment so that this is fixed. It will cost Rs. 1500.

I was thinking if anyone knows how this can be fixed by myself or any other suggestion/insight appreciated.

Can anyone help.

Cheers
Old 13th July 2009, 13:37   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
half the country is facing drought and we are worried about wiper blades
And what do you expect us to do about it on this thread?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks