Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 01:30   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
But unfortunately, the Bosch Wipers that I'd put on some 3 weeks back seem to have conked out......
Feedback from Bosch wiper users seems to be either 'great' or 'terrible'. Makes me think that there is some QC issue with these blades, which incidentally, are made in China. This is the reason I have not discarded my old MGP blades yet.
@Fountainheader, could it be possible that you have not fitted the blades right? I had a slight noisiness and streaking issue with the Bosch at first because I had not entirely snapped them into place.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:04   #287
Senior - BHPian

Bosch has completly swept me off my feet by their amazing customer service experiance. As soon as i wrote my experience with their product on this thread, some users suggested i write to them, there was a online feedback tool, i got a reply from their bangalore office and asked for my contact details, after i gave them my phone number, their manager called me and told me that they usually dont have any guarentee on rubber parts but as a goodwill guesture they will do something. As soon as i heared that, i thought nothing is gonna happen and i thought i will take it with a pinch of salt. Today again i got a call asking me if i have gone to the same shop i brought the blades from, i told them i have not and i will not, they asked another bosch dealer call me in the next 10 minutes, turns out to be, some car was painted near my car so there was some minute pait on my W/S, they polished my W/S using rubbing compound and replaced by blades, there was a squeeking sound coming from the motor. They opened it and serviced it, it took them neaqrly 1 and 1/2 hours for the entire thing and i paid 250 Rs for that but the wiork is so good, the cleaning is as good as the car freshly rolled out of the showroom. I have learned my lesson. its not good to assume things and take the pinch as a customer always, i spent close to 300 Rs just for the fuel to go there and come back and a new bosch wiper is just 321 Rs, but what i got is great customer service. I am surly a promoter for their service now. I vouch as soon as they open their service center in trivandrum my car will always go there.

Pramod
Old 17th August 2009, 15:24   #288
Team-BHP Support

Bosch wiper blade experience didnt last long in my case also, 3-4 months and driver side was leaving streaks badly. RNS Hosur rd replaced the driver side with the MGP ones and seems to work well in ydays rains.

Need to get hold of those aero twins asap, the regular blade is so so and does wear off in one season.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:34   #289
BANNED

pramodkumar : Please name the place & dealer...
Old 18th August 2009, 10:40   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
pramodkumar : Please name the place & dealer...
I brought the first pair from Govind Auto spares in Pattom Trivandrum, The replacements were done by Lekshmi auto elictricals Enjickal. Extreamly Competent indeed.

Guys i have a question, any one tried the Quad tip spark plugs from Bosch, They are 900 Rs for a set of 4, i have noticed my service guy clean the plugs every 10 K Kms during service, wont it be difficult to clean them?

Pramod
Old 24th August 2009, 14:23   #291
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Switched to the Bosch blades on Saturday for my Alto. Cost me Rs. 248 for the pair. I'm very impressed with the change.

Yesterday, on my way back from Pondy, I encountered some heavy rain during the last leg of the drive and the wipers performed brilliantly. Absolutely no streaking or squeaking of any sorts.

Definitely worth the money spent.

Cheers,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 24th August 2009 at 14:24.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:39   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Switched to the Bosch blades on Saturday for my Alto.
see. I told you so. unfortunately I haven't driven in heavy rain ever since i put the new wipers.just light rain.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:21   #293
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Bosch have put up a pandal/tent/marketing area in our premises. I so want to get new ones for my zen, but wifeys taken the car. They have the wipers which state 'suitable for zen santro and matiz', but they themselves are not sure whether the wipers will suit the new (pre-estilo model). Any Ideas ? They are also giving free check up for horns, plugs etc. Not to mention the 15-20% discounts.
Kindly advise. Should those suit my zen ? Should I get the honkers ? Thanks. I got them last year from aggrawals JC road. I know they are great. Time for replacement as well. P.S. they are here only for today. :(

Last edited by prince_pervez : 25th August 2009 at 11:23.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:09   #294
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
They have the wipers which state 'suitable for zen santro and matiz', but they themselves are not sure whether the wipers will suit the new (pre-estilo model). Any Ideas ?
When you say pre-Estilo model are you referring to the model with the same old jellybean styling with clear lens headlamps and redesigned tail lamps and rear bumper?

If this is the model you referring to, I think it will be a perfect fit. If the packaging mentions Zen, then I think it should fit. The discount sounds too juicy to miss!
Old 25th August 2009, 14:13   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post

If this is the model you referring to, I think it will be a perfect fit. If the packaging mentions Zen, then I think it should fit. The discount sounds too juicy to miss!
Hey thanks @gpa. I got the car to my office and fitted the wipers. They are the same for the old/new zen. Yes mine is the old jelly bean shape. I did the fitting myself to check whether I had forgotten the technique. And yes I had forgotten how to fit the blades.
They checked the Battery and plugs for free. Took some readings on some panel. I did not need horns as the stocks ones suffice. Got a discount. I had to pay INR 265.
Thanks.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:40   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

I changed to Bosch Wipers for my Wagon-R prior to my drive to Pune from Bangalore since I was sure that we will cross rains all the way during the drive.

They lasted for just a journey and has been leaving marks whenever I use them.

Upon closely examining the rubber with a lens as to why such new set of wipers gave up so soon, I found that the quality of rubber used was not good which resulted in the rubber lining develop cracks.

I am yet to change them back to syndicate and I am sure they will last more.

I don't doubt the originality of the product as I had purchased it from an Authorized dealer (Aggarwal) as listed in their website.

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th August 2009 at 14:42.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:53   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I changed to Bosch Wipers for my Wagon-R prior to my drive to Pune from Bangalore since I was sure that we will cross rains all the way during the drive.

They lasted for just a journey and has been leaving marks whenever I use them.
Thats strange. Mine were still working fine.
I changed them as an annual replacement and for heavier monsoons and of course the discount I was getting today and the other services.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:08   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Thats strange. Mine were still working fine.
I changed them as an annual replacement and for heavier monsoons and of course the discount I was getting today and the other services.
When I purchased and installed a day before my trip and used in for the first time facing showers on NH4, I was more than happy with clear windscreen.

But this excitement lasted till Belgaum where I could see one bigger line (3mm) and few smaller lines formed while wiping. This was within 500kms after they were installed!!

I suspected some particles and hence cleaned the rubber by pouring enough water over it and wiping with a clean cloth. Still the same.

I couldn't locate anything on the blades nor any cracks through my nakes eyes. Just for the sake of testing, I fit the RHS blade on the LHS and tried and this line formed again, thus isolating a faulty or a scratched windscreen. But still I was complacent that they were good.

Finally at home, with a lens I was able to find cracks all the way.

I am still using the same but will change to Syndicate this weekend and see the results.

I always travel from Bangalore - Belur following Loaded and empty sand trucks who throw lot of particles on the windscreen but my stock wipers never gave up this bad.

The drive where the wipers gave away was on a very early morning with hardly any trucks to follow on NH4.

May be, I am one of those unlucky ones to have got bad quality wipers by Bosch. I still wonder how and why.

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th August 2009 at 15:10.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:10   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
May be, I am one of those unlucky ones to have got bad quality wipers by Bosch. I still wonder how and why.
That might just be the case then.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:11   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump Start View Post
where are these wipers available in chennai...

Guys, where can we source these wipers in Chennai??

Cheers,
L&S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks