Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 14:43   #241
BHPian

Bouncer is your reply for me?
Old 13th July 2009, 14:51   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
And what do you expect us to do about it on this thread?
Nothing except pray that it rains a little bit more so that we can use those wipers!
Old 13th July 2009, 17:44   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
many of my friends also reported the same to me. even i have faced it couple of times. the guy has got a lot of attitude as if he owns the punes best and only accessory shop ever.

well you can press the wiper link yourself so that it applies pressure on the glass. its very simple. also the wiper blade self adjusts to the shape of the glass. i had a similar issue on the passenger side wiper. just bent the wiper blade connector link a bit and issue was resolved.

i got a new bosch blade 2 days back for the drivers side. 18". costed me 140 rs. the effect was amazing. cleaned each and every drop effectively.
my old wiper used to leave a trail of water drops which used to make the night driving experience horrible

Yup, I am surprised he was recommended on this board and that why I went to him. Even when he quoted 450 I paid up even though I knew I was overpaying because I felt since he is recommended at least I can be assured I will get the real stuff.

Most of the folks I have gone to after seeing fellow members recommedations on this board have been throughly professional and a pleasure to deal with, but the Poona motors gentleman has an aggressive demeanor and is indifferent to customers after sale. There is no point being good only to the people you know well, its has to apply to all your customers.

I put the old wipers back on and the problem is resolved so either the Bosch wipers he sold me were defective or questionable. I am planning to get a new pair of Bosch wipers in Bbay now. Any recommedations in the Goregoan/Malad area for the genuine stuff?

Last edited by raul : 13th July 2009 at 17:48.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:41   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Yup, I am surprised he was recommended on this board and that why I went to him. Even when he quoted 450 I paid up even though I knew I was overpaying because I felt since he is recommended at least I can be assured I will get the real stuff.

Most of the folks I have gone to after seeing fellow members recommedations on this board have been throughly professional and a pleasure to deal with, but the Poona motors gentleman has an aggressive demeanor and is indifferent to customers after sale. There is no point being good only to the people you know well, its has to apply to all your customers.

I put the old wipers back on and the problem is resolved so either the Bosch wipers he sold me were defective or questionable. I am planning to get a new pair of Bosch wipers in Bbay now. Any recommedations in the Goregoan/Malad area for the genuine stuff?
well i too had been to him after the recommendations of some forum members. looking at his facial expressions and not speaking to the customers properly i felt like slapping him.
i had asked for the tachometer. a person working in his shop was showing me the tacho, he shouted rudely from the other counter " unko bolo ki bithake nahi milega and warranty nahi milega, kuch kharab hua to wapas idhar nahi aneka". i immediately returned the tacho in that persons hand and said " Ye bakwas tacho tumhare paas hi rakho, pune mai 10 aur shops hai jo tacho bechte hai" . he was staring at me as if he was going to eat me

well as Racoon suggested you can get genuine stuffs at Waterloo motors near alka talkies chowk.
i got it from the garage near my house. i checked the company bills before buying. bills prove that they are genuine. also the garage person is a good friend of mine. so he wont fool me.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:04   #245
Senior - BHPian

My M800 had never seen a wiper blade change since the time it was installed in the factory in 2003. I had hardly used the car in over 6 yrs since we had a second car (the esteem).

Just run a lil over 30K kms, and with the wiper blades leaving a bit of water behind on each stroke, I changed both the blades to Bosch (Rs. 360 for a set) yesterday. With a spray of rain here and there, i could see that the wipers fare better in quality than the OEM Syndicate wipers.

Edit - costs just a hundred bucks more than syndicate.
Old 14th July 2009, 01:14   #246
BHPian

Give ur beauty a shot of vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Hi Guys,

My one more mate has a same problem and he was asked by Honda service guys if he wants them to do some windscreen treatment so that this is fixed. It will cost Rs. 1500.

I was thinking if anyone knows how this can be fixed by myself or any other suggestion/insight appreciated.

Try adding a 200ml of vodka (or surgical spirit) to your wind screen spray water tank. It will act as an antifreeze and will solve this to an extend
Old 14th July 2009, 10:30   #247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
half the country is facing drought and we are worried about wiper blades
Come to Kerala now !
Old 14th July 2009, 10:38   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
My M800 had never seen a wiper blade change since the time it was installed in the factory in 2003......
Those wipers lasted for 6 years! Irrespective of amount of use, hasn't the rubber deteriorated with time? Just curious to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
Try adding a 200ml of vodka ....
Won't the car get hiccups...?
Old 14th July 2009, 15:13   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Irrespective of amount of use, hasn't the rubber deteriorated with time?
Nope. The car was always parked in our basement parking, away from harsh sunlight and heat. The only time the car was used was on weekends since parking in bangalore was (and still is) a nightmare. Its easy to squeeze in an M800 into a small parking slot.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:08   #250
Senior - BHPian

Urgent Help

Today was the first test of my new Bosch Vipers in Gurgaon, and they failed big time.

Every wipe was leaving a layer of fog on the windshield. It was making driving so difficult.

It was such pathetic experience. Never had this problem on any of my cars, and this is the first I used Bosch.

Not sure what to do, Please suggest something

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I bought aerotwin for my adventure (from Metro around Rs740). Although initial experience was good. I see some fogging which wasnt present in my OE wiper.
I thought it should be independent of the type of wiper.

-Karthik
Can anybody tell me the exact size of wipers for SX4

Last edited by rkbharat : 15th July 2009 at 19:12.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:34   #251
Senior - BHPian

Please help urgent

Can anybody tell me the exact OEM size of wipers for SX4
Old 16th July 2009, 14:06   #252
Senior - BHPian

The wholesaler/shop will have it. Don't bother
Old 16th July 2009, 14:23   #253
Senior - BHPian

RK, where did you buy them from? I was going to go and buy BOSH too on Saturday but your post has made me stop in my tracks. Could you find the reason,was it the wiper or maybe your AC was causing condensation on the windshield?
Old 16th July 2009, 15:36   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The wholesaler/shop will have it. Don't bother
They will sell you anything, will never care about the right size. When bought the current pair, the box was saying SX4, but the passenger side was 16", which was going out of wind shield, then they opened another box to give me 14"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
RK, where did you buy them from? I was going to go and buy BOSH too on Saturday but your post has made me stop in my tracks. Could you find the reason,was it the wiper or maybe your AC was causing condensation on the windshield?

Bought it from a shop in the East of Kailash, spare market, near Bhandari House.

No it was not AC, because if its AC, wiper or no wiper, there will be condensation. And there was no foggy layer getting developed when wiper was off.

And this never happened under same condition with previous wipers :(

Last edited by rkbharat : 16th July 2009 at 15:37.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:16   #255
Senior - BHPian

That is understandable. The foggy layer would get condensed more pronouncedly once the water has been spread across the face of the windshield in a thin film kind of smear by the wiper blade. It would then cause condensation as the hot air outside gets in touch with the cold front inside. Did you try switching off your AC while using the wiper? Just a guess because I have faced this issue with my OEM wipers too and it got resolved if I switched off my AC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks