Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 17:03   #166
BHPian

Hi,

The airbag sensors are in the front bumper and are programmed to activate the airbags if you hit something at a speed greater than 50 km+ (i think) hence the normal nudges etc would not activate the airbag sensors.

Rgds
Old 9th December 2008, 19:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I don't see why parking sensors should affect air-bags, tend to agree with Sahil. Can you please explain why?

Many people are concerned about annoyance created by unwanted beeps due to front sensors. I guess rather than wiring it with brake light, we can have a manual switch instead. Activate it only when needed. Having volume or muting option would also be great.
Agree. Separate switch makes sense. In fact I am not sure of the logic of connecting front sensors to break light switch. I would want to know about the distance when moving slow when the break may not be applied also.
Old 12th December 2008, 00:27   #168

Branded parking sensors

Can someone list out branded parking sensors with approx cost and user ratings for benefit of prospective buyers.

Thanks in advance.

MK
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:11   #169
BHPian

HELP: Reverse camera for brand new innova

Hi Everyone,

I am getting my innova V 7 seater in the first week of march'09. I am planning to install the reverse camera for this beauty. so, i wanted your suggestions regarding the rear view camera companys. Does it really worth having one, if yes, please suggest me the brand and cost.

Regards
Shekar

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd February 2009 at 13:08. Reason: search please
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:02   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somashekar.B View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am getting my innova V 7 seater in the first week of march'09. I am planning to install the reverse camera for this beauty. so, i wanted your suggestions regarding the rear view camera companys. Does it really worth having one, if yes, please suggest me the brand and cost.

Regards
Shekar

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.
I would say, it is only a nice to have feature, not really essential. A parking sensor is far more useful. I have both installed on my car, the camera is just a novelty value and a good addon for my 7" touchscreen. The sensor is always useful.
My camera is from a company called Silicon and the performance is quite good even at night. Costed around 5K (without the display, since I am using my 7" in-dash display).
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:09   #171
BHPian

Ya dinu, the new version of innova has stock reverse parking sensors on the rear bumper but my concern is that it comes only with two sensors, i feel these two sensors would not do the justice.

I enquired off market reverse parking sensors, there was one product by redsoul (Welcome to RedSoul) if felt it was good one but would cost around 4-5k.

Do u recommend any other product.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:02   #172
BHPian

Guys I have the JVC AVX800 in my car, it has an option to connect a camera to it. will it be possible for me to get a camera alone and fit it to my car. How much would the camera alone cost? And were can get this installed in chennai?

Last edited by sathee46 : 17th March 2009 at 19:03.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:52   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

I talked to Xenos today (Xenos Technologies Ltd.) and they have their own parking sensors. You get 4 at the rear and 2 upfront and you can have the visual sensor inbuilt into your RVM. For about 3 and a half G's, I find that good value for money. Moreover you get the local guarantee.

Have heard some good reviews about this product from Xenos...
Old 17th March 2009, 20:02   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Guys I have the JVC AVX800 in my car, it has an option to connect a camera to it. will it be possible for me to get a camera alone and fit it to my car. How much would the camera alone cost? And were can get this installed in chennai?
I had got a Night vision camera for Rs 2000 for my JVC AVX33. Only issue i have is the system needs to be turned on for the screen to work. I generally prefer to switch off the system a min before parking but i need wait else no camera.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:53   #175
BANNED

Folks,

I was looking for a reverse parking sensor kit for my Verna since I need to park next to cars as close as 5 cm at my workplace everyday. That much precision in a sedan is difficult without a sensor, though I manage it on many days.

I checked the red soul site. The lower range in their sensors is 0.5m, which is 50 cm. I'm looking for something that can go as low as 5cm. Any product suggestions?

Regards,
Sandeep Menon
Old 19th March 2009, 15:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

The lowest range I have seen so far is 0.3m. I don't think there is any sensor kit lower than that.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:18   #177
BANNED

That's good to know! So looks like there's nothing in the market that suits my specific need.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

No there is nothing. You have to rely on good old manual parking technics.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:14   #179
Senior - BHPian

Actual images on the LCD screen

Hi,

Would people who have reversing sensors with camera post some pictures of what you see on the LCD when you put it in reverse gear? Day / night pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 5th April 2009, 23:22   #180
BHPian

I have a combo 4 sensors reverse parking sensor along with LCD installed in my Civic from RD. I am pretty happy with it. The images are projected on the rear view mirror and it gets in mode automatically on shifting reverse gear. Though I never bothered the distance it is sensitive too in cms, it pretty much does the job for me. Camera is night vision. Biggest benefit to me is the bluetooth integration. So, if anyone calls up while I am driving, the number automatically gets displayed on the rear view mirror. Same for outgoing calls. I call it convergence at its best.

Would like to sound caution. Stay clear of xenos reverse parking sensors as product quality has really gone down. Also, insist on company fitter to install the same instead of accessorywallah ka ladka. This way, you can be sure that the sensors are placed at correct spots (which actually help in saving accidents while parking) and are sensitive to your specific requirements.

Got 1 year warranty on mine and RD's installation was pretty professional. Would surely recommend it with 5 star rating. RD claims next day onsite after sales services.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th April 2009 at 23:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks