Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 17:35   #91
Team-BHP Support

Some question about reverse camera installation

This is more of a DIY or minimal install question pertaining to reverse cameras.
Suppose I have a small camera with a Video out(NTSC) and a power cord. Now I want to use this as a reverse camera, so I mount it on the number plate.
Question 1 : Are there 2.5" LCD screens available which I can attract to RVM? Whats the cost
Question 2 : This is about power source. I want the camera to turn on only when reverse gear is engaged. An obvious solution would be to tap into the reverse light.
But is this the correct way. In most cars, doing so would mean cutting wires etc., Does there exist an easier way. I am worried that if I tap in the reverse light wiring, it may void warranty(wire cutting involved).

Those of you who have installed reverse cameras and reverse sensors, where is the "on" switch tapped from?
The worst case scenario would be to take power from the lighter socket with a manual switch.
I am looking for a solution which has the least potential to void warranty.
The vehicle is a Tata safari 3.0. Camera is avalable but 2.5" LCD screen and fitting is required, plan to DIY.
Old 28th December 2007, 18:11   #92
BHPian

Can anybody suggest me a shop in PUNE wherein I can get to see variety of Parking Sensor Kits to chose one for my MS Swift Vxi ?
Old 31st December 2007, 11:16   #93

rear camera for my swift

Hi, I live in Bangalore. I inquired in almost all dealers regarding this rear camera with LCD screen stuff. RNS and Mondovi told me the price 17000 for camera with LCD screen (RED SOUL). where in BIMAL guy said that if its just sensors then it will be 3500 rs. BIMAL don't prefer fitting camera with LCD as it needs cutting car internal wiring system thus we will loose car warranty!!! Is it true?
Or he is telling this simply as he might not have it ?

I noticed everyone mentioning price around 10k for camera with LCD screen. Can anyone guide me to the proper price and shop details? Also please mention which company camera is having better vision?
Old 31st December 2007, 14:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

I paid Rs 9800 for a reverse camera from a company named 'RD'. They drill a hole in the rear bumper, and fit a mirror that latches on the the existing RVM. After that, you get a good image when you engage reverse gear, though the range at night time is limited to a few feet.
We can also attach a dvd player to the mirror---it has av slots and watch a movie, if need be---strictly a no-no for me.
I have the option of paying 3600 extra for 4 sensors. I am avoiding it as I am still waiting for these to come in red colour, so that the rear bumper does not look odd.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmshiv View Post
Hi, I live in Bangalore. I inquired in almost all dealers regarding this rear camera with LCD screen stuff. RNS and Mondovi told me the price 17000 for camera with LCD screen (RED SOUL). where in BIMAL guy said that if its just sensors then it will be 3500 rs. BIMAL don't prefer fitting camera with LCD as it needs cutting car internal wiring system thus we will loose car warranty!!! Is it true?
Or he is telling this simply as he might not have it ?

I noticed everyone mentioning price around 10k for camera with LCD screen. Can anyone guide me to the proper price and shop details? Also please mention which company camera is having better vision?
hey,,the price depends on the screen size,,you can get reverse cam system for 3,500/- for a 2 inch screen, and 6000/- for 7 inch screen, i have thre 7 inch version.
As far as installation is concerned both can void warranty if any wires are cut, but if u pull totally new wiring ,, battery, ignition (which i doubt) then ur warranty is saved. let me know if u require more info
Old 20th January 2008, 13:16   #96
BHPian

Parking sensors for SX4

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get parking sensors fitted in Mumbai?
Any ideas about the price and types?

I am looking from front and back sensors. I did some searching and I really like this one but there were no prices mentioned.

LCD Display Car Parking Sensor System Manufacturer, Buyer, Supplier, Importer, Exporter, Manufacturers, Buyers, Suppliers, Importers & Exporters - ECPlaza

I asked Vitesse and they offered the MGA parking sensor for 7.5k!

Has anyone tried that?

Thanks!
Old 20th January 2008, 14:16   #97
BHPian

can parking sensor be painted

i got my friend to get me a good parking sensor from US , but the sensor are black in color ... my question is can i get them painted .. has any one painted the sensor to the car color ...

Please let me know .

Regards,
Old 20th January 2008, 17:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
i got my friend to get me a good parking sensor from US , but the sensor are black in color ... my question is can i get them painted .. has any one painted the sensor to the car color ...

Please let me know .

Regards,
I recently asked a mechanic on the painting of the Sensors. He told me about how the paint may clog the sensor buttons and its better to leave it the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgyan View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get parking sensors fitted in Mumbai?
Any ideas about the price and types?

I am looking from front and back sensors. I did some searching and I really like this one but there were no prices mentioned.

LCD Display Car Parking Sensor System Manufacturer, Buyer, Supplier, Importer, Exporter, Manufacturers, Buyers, Suppliers, Importers & Exporters - ECPlaza

I asked Vitesse and they offered the MGA parking sensor for 7.5k!

Has anyone tried that?

Thanks!
You can explore Milan Subway in Santacruz-West. Its a large After market accessory market and a lot of models on reverse sensors are available.
I got mine fitted for 2200/- Rs. (4 sensors) from Borivli 3 months ago. The the distance indicator display and sound comes from a specially fitted mirror on the IRVM. Its very useful and makes parking a dream. The shop where I got it fitted from closed down, unfortunately. So the 1 year warranty he offered is of no use now. But he did a good job.
Old 20th January 2008, 17:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

painting the sensors will have an impact on their efficiency. if you really need to, then get a slight coat of spray paint.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:29   #100
BHPian

Thanks you for the reply .... am planning to get it insalled tomorrow , i not get them painted
Old 5th February 2008, 19:35   #101
BHPian

Reverse parking system query.

At what price range are reverse parking sensors avalaible? Looking to install in a SX4. Whats involved in installing it. Are the sensors avalaible in body colour?
Old 5th February 2008, 22:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

There are quite a few threads available on this. Plz do a search. :-)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ra-sensor.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...em-safari.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-sensor.html

Can we continue this topic in one of these threads and close this one.
Old 20th February 2008, 20:54   #103

hi Rohan, Recetly i installed parking sensors for my accent. Do not bother about the brand because they all come china made, just make sure about the features of displays( whether it is colour or not? does beeps are not too loud ? Does beep sounds different from the reverse horn? etc.)
Talking about a price then i have installed it in Rs. 3200 only.
You have a question about colour of the sensors. then i was promised by my dealer that he will order sensors with white colour as it my cars body colour but he failed to get one. But we rectified the problem by painting it with white colour, it looks fine then.
Also make sure about its water proofing and dust proofing, as often reading of the sensors do not come accurate, after you wash your car.

also one mistake i have done whle installing it was, ignoring about the seperate switch in the car for sensor instead of installing it wit reverse gear, some times it annoys it.

Cheers,
Abhi.
Old 20th February 2008, 22:16   #104
BHPian

Thanks abhishekshirke for the info. Car is still in the pipeline though. Waiting for the dealership to give in to my discount demands.
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:55   #105
BANNED

I have installed 4 sensor reverse system (Redsoul) on my Civic. Its not worth. Looks like all these companies source sensor kit from China and label it. I have compared four brands, and all are very much alike

My reverse system produces a beep, as car moves closer to any object. It is so shrill that you will loose your senses. Also it is not able to measure the distance correctly while car is on move.

Idea is good, but lot more refinement has to happen on these rev systems

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks