Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 18:30   #736
BHPian

Re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

Hello everyone,

My reverse camera is working fine but the sensors are no longer working. I first noticed two weeks back there is a problem when the left sensor started beeping even though there is no obstacle. I thought there is some dust and wiped the sensor from outside. After that it was not beeping and i assumed all is good.

Now i noticed that sensors are not working at all. Its a fitted reverse camera and sensor i.e 1 camera and 4 sensors(pic attached). The mirror is also part of the kit and provides the camera view and sensor information. Vehicle is Swift Dzire.

The age of the equipment is ~5 years. Any tips on what could be the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-img_20240105_175006.jpg  

Old 5th January 2024, 18:42   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
Now i noticed that sensors are not working at all. Its a fitted reverse camera and sensor i.e 1 camera and 4 sensors(pic attached). The mirror is also part of the kit and provides the camera view and sensor information. Vehicle is Swift Dzire.
There's likely to be a loose connection somewhere, given that all four sensors went kaput all of a sudden. The turn-on signal for the camera and sensors is tapped from the reverse bulb/lamp wire. Take out the tail lamp and see if that wire is secure. If yes, then it's better to take it to an accessories shop, as further troubleshooting involves removing the rear bumper and several interior trims.

Quote:
The age of the equipment is ~5 years. Any tips on what could be the issue.
MGA sensors on my 2014 Swift work fine even after all these years.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 19:36   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
There's likely to be a loose connection somewhere, given that all four sensors went kaput all of a sudden. The turn-on signal for the camera and sensors is tapped from the reverse bulb/lamp wire. Take out the tail lamp and see if that wire is secure. If yes, then it's better to take it to an accessories shop, as further troubleshooting involves removing the rear bumper and several interior trims.
Thank you. I also have this feeling as prior to that incident, all sensors were working fine. Would check the tail lamp and if that doesn't work, get it fixed from accessory shop
Old 6th January 2024, 21:39   #739
BHPian

In my Ertiga, reverse parking sensors are working fine - distance to the rear object is correctly shown in the display - but the buzzer/beeper is gone. When I searched MGA site or boodmo I could only see the full reverse parking assistance set available.

Does anyone know any suitable replacement buzzer/beeper which I can replace without replacing the entire set?

TIA!
Old 13th January 2024, 23:11   #740

Guys, need some advice here. I got rear parking sensors (4 pcs) fitted onto my Honda City today.

Problem is the car bumper is dark grey and the sensors are black. It looks unclean and I realized that once the sensors were installed. They work well but the ashtetic is not working out.

What are the options available to me? Do i try to get these painted to the bumper color and where could i do that? Any inputs will be great.
Old 25th March 2024, 07:16   #741
BHPian

Is there any reversing camera that can be wirelessly connected to an Android phone?

Looking for a setup that automatically activates an app on the mobile when reverse is engaged and closes when shifted out of reverse.
Old 26th March 2024, 10:32   #742
BHPian

I'm looking for a dashcam with loop recording but the monitor / main unit has to replace my IRVM. Does anyone know of any such device that I can install in my Baleno RS?
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:36   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
I'm looking for a dashcam with loop recording but the monitor / main unit has to replace my IRVM.
There are dashcams from 70Mai & DDPAI that will fit your requirement. Check out Nexdigitron website. Wolfbox brand also has such devices.
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:39   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Is there any reversing camera that can be wirelessly connected to an Android phone?

I have seen wireless reversing cameras online but they connect to a separate dedicated screen and not to a mobile phone. I don't know of any seller in India that provides such cameras. You might be able to get something imported but don't know how reliable it will be.
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:02   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
There are dashcams from 70Mai & DDPAI that will fit your requirement. Check out Nexdigitron website. Wolfbox brand also has such devices.
None that fit what I asked. They all add onto the IRVM. I want to replace it entirely for a cleaner, simple setup. If you've seen some of the new cars they have an IRVM that switches to a rear view monitor at the flick of a switch. It's that functionality that I'm after.

Anyways thanks!
Old 5th April 2024, 15:47   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
I want to replace it entirely for a cleaner, simple setup.
Check out Autofun on YouTube. He's got a lot of reviews on different dashcams. I think there was one like what you wanted. I forgot the brand.
RGCST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 19:55   #747
BHPian

Rear view mirror replacement dashcam found!
This is the main unit and this is the mount

Would love to know more details if someone here has installed it. I'll probably do some more research before jumping in.

Last edited by adrena : 7th April 2024 at 19:55. Reason: Spacing
Old 15th April 2024, 09:24   #748
BHPian

This has really helped. Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
Check out Autofun on YouTube. He's got a lot of reviews on different dashcams. I think there was one like what you wanted. I forgot the brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks