Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 14:27   #721
BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

I have booked the Tata Punch Adventurer with Rhythm pack, which adds a factory fitted rear camera system and 7'' Harman touchscreen, along with tweeters to the car for 45K. I am thinking of whether to save the pack cost and install a "Tata Motors provided & installed" rear camera kit or a good Blaupunkt kit as an aftermarket accessory.

Any preferences? Is the 45K factory fitted set-up worth it or should I get the BP kit?
Old 7th January 2023, 19:10   #722
BHPian

Reverse camera recommendation

Folks, i recently installed a Blaupunkt reverse camera for my new Swift. The camera which was offered by Maruti showroom was so pathetic that i decided to install it separately. The accessories shop was flooded with Blaupunkt mainly with multiple variants with similar sounding names. I don't recall the exact model number but it had night vision, HD resolution and parking guidelines.

However i find that the quality is really pathetic. The clarity and resolution are so appalling that the Maruti offering seems better in hindsight. I spent 5K on the whole purchase plus installation - i don't mind spending a bit more if i can get a good product.

I installed a woodman headunit for my Father-in-law's car which came with a very good quality reverse camera. But I can't find it on their website. My KIA Seltos OEM reverse camera also is excellent, and that's the quality i am looking for.

Request if someone can suggest a good model which will fit my Swift.
contentedbloke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 20:21   #723

Re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

I own a 2015 Fiat Punto Evo Sport. I have planned to install a reverse camera with an external display and parking sensors. I don't want to disturb the factory-fitted audio system, which doesn't have a display for the camera. I currently live in Bengaluru. Kindly help me choose the best camera with guidelines, display, and a good installer.
Old 29th May 2023, 10:05   #724

Hello BHPians!

I had a bit of an incident recently. It was raining heavily and I was backing up my car on the road. I generally use my rear camera for vision, but due to the heavy rain, it had become useless. I couldn't pop my head out as well and looking over my shoulder didn't help much. Ended up with a minor crash into a wonderfully placed drum

Is there any accessory/solution to avoid rain drops hampering the rear camera visibility? What do you folks do in such rainy situations?
Old 29th May 2023, 11:41   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrobbi View Post
Hello BHPians!

I had a bit of an incident recently. It was raining heavily and I was backing up my car on the road. I generally use my rear camera for vision, but due to the heavy rain, it had become useless. I couldn't pop my head out as well and looking over my shoulder didn't help much. Ended up with a minor crash into a wonderfully placed drum

Is there any accessory/solution to avoid rain drops hampering the rear camera visibility? What do you folks do in such rainy situations?
Isn't that why we also have parking sensors? Camera helps for 99% cases, for that remaining 1%, you may need parking sensors.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 10:20   #726
BHPian

I have also faced issue of reversing camera not being useful when dirty, especially in monsoon and night times. When it rains side mirrors visibility is not very good. Only parking sensor to the help. Normally I reverse using mirrors, but camera helps.
I tried putting water repellent, but doesn't help much with dirt. Anyone else has faced this and found working solutions, please let me know.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 14:02   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
I have also faced issue of reversing camera not being useful when dirty, especially in monsoon and night times. When it rains side mirrors visibility is not very good. Only parking sensor to the help. Normally I reverse using mirrors, but camera helps.
The position of the camera is important for a clear view during rainy days. In Safari, I have fitted the camera in the rear bumper. It sits in a recessed hole and the spare tire protect the camera from direct splash.
But I always make a practice to clean the camera lens as I clean the front windshield.

The reverse camera is available from about Rs.600 to about 5000/-. My first camera can't see much in the dark. I upgraded the camera some years back which gave it night vision as it had Infra Red LED around the rim. This time I upgraded to a higher resolution camera and coupled with a 9 inch display it offers good view in the dark. Its field of vision is also wide which means you can see adjacent area - flower pots or deep ravine.
Old 27th July 2023, 15:04   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The position of the camera is important for a clear view during rainy days.

But I always make a practice to clean the camera lens as I clean the front windshield.
I already have camera built-in, but the problem is when it gets dirty in bad roads during heavy rains. I do clean them while cleaning car, also beginning of journey during rainy season. I tried turtlewax windshield water repellent which works nicely on large glass, didn't find very useful on camera
Old 27th July 2023, 15:14   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The reverse camera is available from about Rs.600 to about 5000/-. My first camera can't see much in the dark. I upgraded the camera some years back which gave it night vision as it had Infra Red LED around the rim. This time I upgraded to a higher resolution camera and coupled with a 9 inch display it offers good view in the dark. Its field of vision is also wide which means you can see adjacent area - flower pots or deep ravine.
Can you please share the link and details of the high resolution camera?
Old 1st August 2023, 20:25   #730

My Urban Cruiser has issues with the touch screen and Toyota says its because of the reverse parking camera I got installed from outside. They are saying the voltage of the camera wiring is messing with the touchscreen circuit. Please suggest a good reverse camera to avoid this issue.
Old 16th September 2023, 20:48   #731
BHPian

I want to install a reverse camera, but instead of taking power from the reverse light, I want to install it with a switch to take power directly from the battery so that I can use it as a rearview cam whenever I need it. Can someone suggest a good place in Mumbai that can do this? I tried a few shops, but they only offer the reverse light method.

Mod note: Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th September 2023 at 19:22.
RGCST is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th November 2023, 16:11   #732
BHPian

Dear Team,I have a Wagon R which has reverse camera setup..with camera and 2 sensors.Display unit is the removable horizontal one which we attach to the inside rear view mirror.Not integrated into car display.Few days back,the display unit started showing blue screen whenever I slot the reverse gear.It subsequently broke when it fell while i was trying to pull it from the mirror.
The camera and sensors on the back bumper seem to be alright.No visible damage nor any accident.The car accessories dealers say they can change the entire setup and the starting price is 7500.

Can I replace only the display monitor/unit.If yes, what is the best choice?I'm based out of Hyderabad.

Last edited by Ram78 : 26th November 2023 at 16:26.
Old 26th November 2023, 18:04   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Dear Team,I have a Wagon R which has reverse camera setup..with camera and 2 sensors.............
Can I replace only the display monitor/unit.If yes, what is the best choice?I'm based out of Hyderabad.
Sorry...could not merge the 2 posts. It is actually 1 camers and 4 sensors.It was purchased in the showroom during delivery. Autocop brand is mentioend at the back of the display. I have attached the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-11.jpg  

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-13.jpg  

Last edited by Ram78 : 26th November 2023 at 18:09.
Old 13th December 2023, 09:43   #734
BHPian

Hi guys, the reversing camera in my Kia carnival base model has fogged up since last 6 to 8 months atleast and is not clearing up.

We have taken extended warranty plan which will expire in July next year. I wanted to know if the fogging issue could be repaired under warranty or do i need to pay for servicing it.

If high humidity or car washing is causing this then the problem is bound to repeat. Is there anything I can do to solve this myself without removing the camera?
Old 16th December 2023, 11:54   #735
BHPian

It depends from one vehicle to another. OEM radios turn on the rear view camera only when they get a reverse signal from the BCM irrespective of the source of power of the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
I want to install a reverse camera, but instead of taking power from the reverse light, I want to install it with a switch to take power directly from the battery so that I can use it as a rearview cam whenever I need it. Can someone suggest a good place in Mumbai that can do this? I tried a few shops, but they only offer the reverse light method.

Mod note: Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks