Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 13:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Yesterday I saw a product. Reverse Cam and Screen.
The total cost was 1.2K + 6K

Desc
1. the basic function was to be able to see whats going on when the vehicle is put in reverse
2. the screen is bluetooth compatible. The phone can be paired and when there is an incoming call the number is displayed on the screen
3. Works as an handfree device. Had inbuilt speakers and mic and though the quality of the speakers was average
4. Compatible with the cars DVD & VCD player. Whatever movie is played is displayed on the screen
5. Is a normal RVM that can clips onto the existing mirror

The size of the screen was about 6 inches wide
The only drawback is that there are no sensors.
So infact my question to all Bhpians using the reverse sensor and cams is that should I go in for the cam + screen or install the sensors as well?
Old 4th November 2007, 16:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

how much does the Reverse camera cost upto,and where can i get in mumbai?? as i have a In-dash with screen so will be just a plug and play device
Old 4th November 2007, 18:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

The sensors, if they are good ones, are a great asset to have. Mine beep more rapidly as you near an object. I trust them so much that in some situations, such as no children around, I back without looking for the last meter or so and just listen to the beep. Sensors do not work so well if you ever pull a trailor or if you are in the habit of backing under large high trucks.
Old 8th November 2007, 00:31   #79
BHPian

Has anybody installed the forward sensors on a SX4, pref from Chennai. I already have the reverse sensors, but would like to have the forward sensors as well, for driving in bumper to bumper traffic or while parking in tight spots.
Old 12th November 2007, 12:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

What brand and any links ??

They are definitely needed where rear visibility is low/short like safari. Experience does helps in judgement but technology gives precise indications whereas personal judgements might give away once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Guys
Yesterday I saw a product. Reverse Cam and Screen.
The total cost was 1.2K + 6K

Desc
1. the basic function was to be able to see whats going on when the vehicle is put in reverse
2. the screen is bluetooth compatible. The phone can be paired and when there is an incoming call the number is displayed on the screen
3. Works as an handfree device. Had inbuilt speakers and mic and though the quality of the speakers was average
4. Compatible with the cars DVD & VCD player. Whatever movie is played is displayed on the screen
5. Is a normal RVM that can clips onto the existing mirror

The size of the screen was about 6 inches wide
The only drawback is that there are no sensors.
So infact my question to all Bhpians using the reverse sensor and cams is that should I go in for the cam + screen or install the sensors as well?
Old 13th November 2007, 16:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
What brand and any links ??

They are definitely needed where rear visibility is low/short like safari. Experience does helps in judgement but technology gives precise indications whereas personal judgements might give away once in a while.
I think that it was a local brand only. Not very well known.

Maybe some chinese make.
If you want I can give you his phone no
Old 13th November 2007, 17:17   #82
BHPian

Just for Information sake: Recently had picked up a sensor + cam kit from a brand called Redsoul who seem to be a Bangalore based company.

The kit consisted of:
1) 4 nos. parking sensors to be fitted on the rear
2) 2 nos. parking sensors to be fitted in the front
3) 1 no. reverse cam with nightvision to be fitted on the rear
4) 1 no. 6" LCD screen in rearview mirror with 2 Video in

These totaled to a cost of Rs. 17,000/- and have been fitted on my bro's Honda Civic V AT. They seem to be serving the purpose real well and have been fitted by the Honda Dealers themselves. Redsoul did help finetune the setup by sending their installer post fitment from Honda.

The hiccups were/are:

1) The front sensor used to beep continually in bumper to bumper traffic - This was rectified by the Redsoul person by fitting a switch to enable/disable it.

2) Non availability of the sensors in Misty Violet color - Still living with it, most probably the sensors may be painted over when the car goes for the first service.
Old 13th November 2007, 17:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks, will do. Anyone from Hyd with inputs on this?
I have got a reverse camera fitted to my SX4 from Solar Shade on Ministers Road. No sensors in this model. It cost 8k. The LCD doubles up as a mirror (though it is as if it is in the night mode of a normal mirror). The screen clips on to the existing rear view mirror. The brand was AUZO and it has 1 year warranty.
Old 13th November 2007, 17:33   #84
BHPian

For a Lancer, the reverse sensors should suffice. Cameras would be necessary for high back vehicles where the drivers rear vision is severely restricted.
Old 15th November 2007, 18:32   #85
BHPian

If someone wants to install a new music system and reverse camera too. I would suggest go for JVC - AVX2 model dvd HU with reverse camera compatible and has a build in LCD screen 3.5 inch

Cost of MP3 HU+reverse camera+LCD Screen of reverse camera is same as COST of AVX2+Reverse camera(without screen)

Advantage: DVD playback, More features, Same price
Old 26th November 2007, 18:41   #86
BANNED

Anybody using these sensors ? It's selling for only 2.1k does it's worth it considering lcd is included ?

P:S Any idea on skoda oem partronic system price ?

Last edited by unknown : 26th November 2007 at 18:46.
Old 26th November 2007, 19:55   #87
BHPian

I had a BMW 330i which came factory fitted with parking sensors. they were brilliant. I don't have much expereince with reversing cameras except in a Nissan Armada and it was both better and worse than parking sensors. It was better because you could actually see where the vehicle was going. Its deficiency was that you had to look at the screen instead of watching yourself where the vehicle is going and just relying on audible warnings for impending contact.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:26   #88
BHPian

PS. I want to add that the park distance sensors on my BMW worked when ANYTHING was in range. a cat or a child or a dog or a tricycle or whatever. You don't have to see something to know its there.
Old 8th December 2007, 19:36   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh View Post
Hellow,I think to install a reverse guidance system in my Lancer.There is two options are available ,thats Reverse camera system and the parking sensor.I have no idea about the actual usefulness of the parking sensor and reverse camera.If anyone have experience with this stuffs or idea pls advise me which one is better for me and cost-effective ?
according to me , i think it depends on the application, i have a reverse cam in my safari and parking sensor in my civic,
cam is basically for checking if theres something behind the vehicle etc,,does not give u good judgement.

Parking sensor on the other hand is better for accurate judgement,but requires getting used to

hope this helps man,lemme know if u need an more info
Old 10th December 2007, 00:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
If someone wants to install a new music system and reverse camera too. I would suggest go for JVC - AVX2 model dvd HU with reverse camera compatible and has a build in LCD screen 3.5 inch

Cost of MP3 HU+reverse camera+LCD Screen of reverse camera is same as COST of AVX2+Reverse camera(without screen)

Advantage: DVD playback, More features, Same price
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look out for this at Solar Shade , Ministers Road here in Hyd soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks